Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 535 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
kaziz
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    edelweiss
    Topics:

Has there ever been a bigger campaign than Kristen Stewart’s? She has been everywhere.

Profile picture
    Celtic DW
    Topics:

I saw ‘Spencer’ Saturday and I enjoyed it and think Kristen Stewart is the frontrunner. I guess I’m in the minority. Something is telling me we might be thrown a curveball during the awards season

Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

I have a serious question for GaGa fans, I’m not trolling and I’m not hating. If Close couldn’t win for Fatal Attraction, Pike couldn’t win for Gone Girl, Robbie couldn’t win for I Tonya, and Mulligan couldn’t win for Promising Young Woman, what makes you guys think the Academy is somehow going to vote for Lady Gaga playing a villainous role?

are a lot of Gaga fans saying that though? I imagine a nomination and good reviews is all most sane Gaga fans are hoping for.

Profile picture
    sadins
    Topics:

Nobody is being defensive hun, just highlighting a bias against the movie which is a logical part of discussion… As if those I mentioned “from another generation” aren’t part of the “audience” for the movie…at least be thoughtful when you attempt to rebuke

where were those folks and bias for other Diana portrayal. Again lot of you are just having hard time to cope up with fact that spencer was rejected by general audience.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    lucy
    Topics:

I do not think Alana Haim has a chance at winning BA, but the more and more reactions I see coming from the Licorice Pizza screenings I think she has a great chance of getting an Oscar nom. She seems to be the stand out of the film from what people are saying from a feel-good movie. I think she will receive similar acclaim to Saoirse Ronan performance in Lady Bird.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Has there ever been a bigger campaign than Kristen Stewart’s? She has been everywhere.

Is this a serious question? So many actors have had super extensive campaigns, Stewart is just doing press, her movie was just released and most of the times it is contractual that actors will have a promotional tour. But campaigning goes far beyond that, USUALLY an overall campaign cost the studio between 2-5 million dollars, which is the price range the campaign for Spencer and Stewart will most likely fall into given it’s box office projection, but we all remember when more than $25 million was spent on Roma’s campaign, for A Star Is Born it came in at slightly lower than $20 million, $25 million was spent on Argo, $20 million for Gravity and nearly $30 million was spent on The Social Network. So if you think about an overall campaign that is much more than just a few interviews and magazine covers, yes there has been much bigger campaigns for actors before. Even personal campaigns have been much more extensive and agressive before, like Melissa Leo for example.

Profile picture
    pablozedd
    Topics:

I have a serious question for GaGa fans, I’m not trolling and I’m not hating.

If Close couldn’t win for Fatal Attraction, Pike couldn’t win for Gone Girl, Robbie couldn’t win for I Tonya, and Mulligan couldn’t win for Promising Young Woman, what makes you guys think the Academy is somehow going to vote for Lady Gaga playing a villainous role?

Records and stats are bound to break and change with time. There’s always a first for everything.

I cant speak on behalf of all monsters but i think the majority is hopeful for a nom for Gaga at least. Ofc there’s the intense (and almost troll) ones who wants or thinks she should win but thats not the consensus.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Damn…thats expensive…thank god for Film Festival and Covid 19 ….

really?

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I have a serious question for GaGa fans, I’m not trolling and I’m not hating. If Close couldn’t win for Fatal Attraction, Pike couldn’t win for Gone Girl, Robbie couldn’t win for I Tonya, and Mulligan couldn’t win for Promising Young Woman, what makes you guys think the Academy is somehow going to vote for Lady Gaga playing a villainous role?

Gaga is way more beloved than those people and her movie has insane hype which all of the other movies combined did not get. Glenn Close is a respected legend, but she’s not beloved like Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep and Judy Dench are. No one cares that much for Mulligan. She doesn’t seem to catch a break…..there’s just no hype around her. Robbie is the current IT girl and I, Tonya was her first try. She’ll win in the coming years, but she doesn’t have the kind of hype Mother Monster has….PS..I love Robbie. She should have won for I, Tonya and her second nomination should have been for Mary Queen of Scotts. Academy loves Lady Gaga. Some of her best musical performances were at the Oscars. She may not win this year, but she’s in a better position than those people. Her competition is also weaker in the sense that none is in a juggernaut BP contender like Ronan and McDormand were in the I, Tonya year (and Promising Young Woman year as well). Ronan is also an IT girl who even had more hype than Robbie back then. Kristen Stewart is no Saoirse Ronan and she’s defeatable. She’s struggling to kill the general perception of hers that’s been for years with Spencer. So Gaga has a softer competition

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I’m looking forward to someone surprising us in this category.

Rachel Zegler… “A Star is Born” moment could totally happen.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I’m looking forward to someone surprising us in this category. Rachel Zegler… “A Star is Born” moment could totally happen.

Not happening. Alana Haim has a better chance

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Not happening. Alana Haim has a better chance

You are unbearable Lil Tony, just let people hope for what they want!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.