Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 535 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
kaziz
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

This whole debate is kinda stupid. But no Gaga is not “beloved” by the Academy and certainly not comparable to Glenn Close. She is respected and taken seriously for sure. People really have to realize that Gaga is SO lucky to have been nominated already. Think about it, even the frontrunner this year is a career actress who wasn’t nominated before, let alone win an Oscar. So be grateful, regardless of whether Gucci brings a second nod or not.

I am already grateful that Gaga got in for A Star Is Born. Not saying she’s winning for Gucci, but I won’t count her out. I’ll root for her regardless. I’m also happy that Kristen Stewart is finally getting some love

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

The fact that you got that from what I said is mind blowing, really. If everytime a critic states something bad (AN OPINION, SOMETHING THEY ARE ENTITLED TO HAVE) about HoG and you stans go look for anything they said about Gaga 12 years ago to make it seem like a personal bias against her it will be very hard for her to be nominated, and as someone who likes her she doesn’t deserves that but now I hope it happens, trying to twist my words saying I’m trying to justify misogyny, I don’t even know the man, I was and I am still trying to convey the fact that pressuring people won’t make them like the movie any better.

The person didn’t even watched the movie, he didn’t share an opinion or a review, he was just spreading “rumors”.

About the rest you said ‘Everyone has trashed a pop star on twitter back in the day’ as if it’s some sort of valid justification for the misoginy and body shaming posts he did, please.

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

Can’t wait to get the reviews so we can finally move on

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I don’t know who that man is, I do not defend any of his actions, but what I said is that the tweet was from august 2013, more than 8 years ago, this person like many others (myself included) said something he shouldn’t have said about a popstar that was on TV, something very dumb that is not justifiable but also very common. So 8 years later this random critic, nobody really cares about says the “maybe you should lower your expectations on HoG awards wise” and Gaga stans go to find that old tweet and make it look like a personal bias against her it’s not right, and they are doing this to ALL critics saying anything about HoG. But whatever as you said who cares

Just stop. That grown man has been attacking Gaga for most of his adult life, as recently as 2017 in a field that requires him to hide his biases. He clearly isn’t giving her a fair assessment as he’s been calling her ugly and a flop for years.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

All of this arguing between KStew and Gaga stans only for Colman to win her second Oscar

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Exactly, they are digging this hole themselves, it doesn’t make any sense… they already know HoG will be a divisive movie and messy in many ways so it’s not surprising critics won’t like it as much as other films, however so was Vice, critics didn’t like it, it has like a 61 on MC and it still got Picture, Director, Screenplay, Actor, Supp Actor and Supp Actress, but critics didn’t get harassed for not liking it and the general public liked it enough for it to get those nominations, which would be the case for HoG and Gaga, but all of her stans with this BS keep on trying to make people root against it, I don’t understand really

Fans been too extra already so early in the season and it’s being annoying. But also what we’re getting is pundits who use their personal bias to build consensus and lousy predictions saying this film won’t happen after some mediocre reception. And as we know that’s not how campaigns go.
    This is not the only film these kind of pundits do certain bias and it was never professional, they’re actually quite bad at it. However, this time it reached a big social media following that can exposure their lousiness and no wonder they’re getting pressed.
    So Gaga fans can be hell yes, I been on this fandom for over a decade and saw much worse. But not like these other personalities are in high moral either.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I don’t know who that man is, I do not defend any of his actions, but what I said is that the tweet was from august 2013, more than 8 years ago, this person like many others (myself included) said something he shouldn’t have said about a popstar that was on TV, something very dumb that is not justifiable but also very common. So 8 years later this random critic, nobody really cares about says the “maybe you should lower your expectations on HoG awards wise” and Gaga stans go to find that old tweet and make it look like a personal bias against her it’s not right, and they are doing this to ALL critics saying anything about HoG. But whatever as you said who cares

I agree, and I said in the other thread that the stans are being dumb. But no, they were not attacking him for merely saying “you should lower your expectations”. First he knowingly lied about a few things, including the fact that LP has embargo similar to Gucci. Second, he was the one engaging with the stan accounts and responding to them in a manner just as childish as theirs. So it’s whatever. Don’t care honestly. I’ve just seen enough to not take him seriously especially when we’ll get the real reactions from a wider audience of critics tomorrow.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

All of this arguing between KStew and Gaga stans only for Colman to win her second Oscar

I know it’s a joke but we hear this type of “watch olivia/frances” upset comments almost every day here, on twitter and other forums. But this time around neither of them being in the same privileged film positions they were during their wins.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

KStew feels like the Carey Mulligan of the season.

I see the connection between them both being actresses who appeared at one time to be favored to win Best Actress, with the concern existing that Spencer, like Mulligan, might not pull off the win. However, in Mulligan‘s case, Emerald Fennell came to be seen as the key force behind the success of Promising Young Woman; in contrast, I don’t envision that anyone will replace Stewart as the person who will receive the bulk of the credit for whatever success Spencer ultimately has.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I see the connection between them both being actresses who appeared at one time to be favored to win Best Actress, with the concern existing that Spencer, like Mulligan, might not pull off the win. However, in Mulligan‘s case, Emerald Fennell came to be seen as the key force behind the success of Promising Young Woman; in contrast, I don’t envision that anyone will replace Stewart as the person who will receive the bulk of the credit for whatever success Spencer ultimately has.

This is assuming Spencer will resonate with the Academy to the point that they feel they owe it something.

FYC:

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

The person didn’t even watched the movie, he didn’t share an opinion or a review, he was just spreading “rumors”. About the rest you said ‘Everyone has trashed a pop star on twitter back in the day’ as if it’s some sort of valid justification for the misoginy and body shaming posts he did, please.

So if he said he heard people say it’s the best film ever would you go on a tweet finding spree to discredit his opinion? Or was that only because he heard not so good things about the movie?

That was not me trying to justify any of his past actions or what he said as I did not mention a single word of what was said on those tweets, just pointed out that many other people, including yourself I’m pretty sure, have said wrong things about celebrities in the past, especially around 2009 – 2013 when social media was a very different thing, It isn’t right and it isn’t something justifiable, but how come all those years later you link those tweets to “lower your expectations for HoG” and create a narrative of this critic hates Gaga, as you stans did with the other critic yesterday who said he didn’t like the movie? But whatever I’m ignoring any future posts from you and I hope everything go well with your campaign to make people dislike Gaga, it’s working!

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

He’s a critics choice member + others sites-press member, he’s a public figure with a verified account and a history of insulting a popstar through the years, not just one time.

Last time I check you get accountability of the things you say on social media, especially if you’re a public figure.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

KStew feels like the Carey Mulligan of the season.

Carey Mulligan wasn’t playing Princess Diana.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

This is assuming Spencer will resonate with the Academy to the point that they feel they owe it something.

I’m not assuming anything. I referred to “whatever success Spencer ultimately has.” Currently, the only nomination for Spencer I am predicting is for Stewart.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan wasn’t playing Princess Diana.

What does that have to do with anything? The category is called Best Actress, not Best Portrayal of a Historical Figure.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.