Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 535 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
kaziz
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

KStew feels like the Carey Mulligan of the season.

Wishful thinking

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Wishful thinking

It just feels so similar. We’ll see on Oscar night, but that’s what the trajectory is giving.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What does that have to do with anything? The category is called Best Actress, not Best Portrayal of a Historical Figure.

Renee Zellweger, Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Marion Cotillard, Helen Mirren, Reese Witherspoon and Charlize Theron would like to have a word with you.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

What does that have to do with anything? The category is called Best Actress, not Best Portrayal of a Historical Figure.

Historically, it has often seemed easier to win a Best Actress Award for playing a real person than it has been for playing a fictional character. If Stewart wins, it will be for giving a great performance playing a beloved real person. In contrast, Mulligan lost both times she was nominated for playing fictional characters.

(And I don’t think it will be a complete coincidence that if Mulligan wins an Oscar in the next three years (a BIG if), it will be for playing a real person— NY Times reporter Megan Twohey, or Felicia Montealegre Bernstein.)

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Is there a good chance KS wins the BAFTA or are they mostly royalists? Because I have a feeling whoever wins the BAFTA will win the Oscar (the streak will continue I think)

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Is there a good chance KS wins the BAFTA or are they mostly royalists? Because I have a feeling whoever wins the BAFTA will win the Oscar (the streak will continue I think)

Olivia is taking it.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

So if he said he heard people say it’s the best film ever would you go on a tweet finding spree to discredit his opinion? Or was that only because he heard not so good things about the movie?

No, because then he’d be going against his own bias and biased people don’t typically do that. If someone hates an actress but then says they did a great job in a movie, you can bet that, that actress probably did a good job as it takes something irrefutable for a biased person to reassess their bias. Imagine Grace Randolph saying something positive about Jessica Chastain…

What people aren’t understanding, which I get because you have to pay attention to Gaga to get this, is that her detractors/antis/haters/whatever are very, very passionate. There are certain people who’ve been following her for a decade just to hate on her. When someone says something negative and it turns out that person has been saying negative things about her for many, many years, it’s totally fair to believe that person has a bias against her. In fact, that should be common sense. Nobody is plucking obscure critics out of nowhere and vilifying them; people who have been saying nasty things about Gaga for years are being called out for continuing that with HOG. And tbh, it’s mostly middle-aged gay or heterosexual men who always feel the need to tear down successful females so they deserve to be called out.

But whatever I’m ignoring any future posts from you and I hope everything go well with your campaign to make people dislike Gaga, it’s working!

Grow up. Lady Gaga has nothing to do with what her fans do online. If you’re going to hate a celebrity because of something out of their control, that reflects poorly on you and nobody else.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I’m not assuming anything. I referred to “whatever success Spencer ultimately has.” Currently, the only nomination for Spencer I am predicting is for Stewart.

It’s getting costume and cinematography. Stewart will never be a lone nominee

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Or best actress in a BP contender like they’re turning it to on this forum

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Grow up. Lady Gaga has nothing to do with what her fans do online. If you’re going to hate a celebrity because of something out of their control, that reflects poorly on you and nobody else.

I’m over this so don’t even bother to quote me, I stand by everything I’ve said and I will not mention Gaga’s name ever again on GD, you and her other fans can be sure of that!

If you have been following the HoG first impressions you know this is like the fifth critic this happens to this week, and didn’t this same guy said today he wasn’t a big fan but his tasted changed and that he loves her music and called her amazing in ASIB… But whatever I don’t care anymore to engage in any conversations about Gaga here, I have supported her and said I had great expectations for HoG on it’s thread many times but I won’t make any points about it further, you are free from me and my opinions, just enjoy!

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

You can’t compare Gaga to other actresses who were nominated for their first major film role. Gaga walked into A Star Is Born with ten times more fame than any of the other nominees. Sure, she wasn’t going to be given an automatic nomination just because of that fact, but she had a lot less to prove than people like Carey Mulligan, Yalitza Aparicio, or Gabourey Sidibe.

I mean hell she’d already won a Golden Globe for acting.

FYC: PHYSICAL (Rose Byrne) THE SEX LIVES OF COLLEGE GIRLS (Amrit Kaur, Renee Rapp) YELLOWJACKETS (Samantha Hanratty, Christina Ricci) THE OTHER TWO (Drew Tarver, Helene Yorke) THE GREAT (Elle Fanning) BETTER THINGS (Pamela Adlon)

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Finally 1st billboard of bruised

Profile picture
    Gimlet
    Topics:

The guy in question also an anti vaxxer so while I’m not a huge fan of stan twitter this instance does feel deserved.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:
    crabbie
    Topics:

Every time someone brings up Carey Mulligan as a point of comparison to this seasons race, I really have to roll my eyes.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.