Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 535 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
kaziz
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

BTW: It’s funny to think of it, because of the immense way in which Diana is totally mythologized, just how ordinary & petty & self-pitying & petulant she actually could be, and also just how INSANE the negative media scrutiny was. (I went down this rabbit hole to see where Steven Knight may have gotten his ideas, and I love to see all this stuff about Diana which—yes—was awful and done to her, but she wasn’t actually a SAINT, she had agency and did things herself. If people criticize her petulance, it’s just because they want her to stay a deity). OK, so I’m beginning to appreciate the film more now. Check this from 1985 in Vanity Fair:

that last line… Let’s remember just how misogynistic the world was in 1985. I refuse to watch The Crown because I can’t bear how Diana is made out to be a Saint. I am old enough to remember those years before she died. I read the Andrew Norton book. Diana was a very real person with her own issues and faults.  She’s kind of the first person I watched become a Saint in real time and it’s reaching new heights with The Crown and the Meghan/Harry nonsense. I’m glad I’m old enough to know that that image is just not realistic. The Royal Family are clearly a law onto themselves and have their own problems but while I have a lot of compassion for Diana for various reasons I don’t buy into the myth that the Royals are cruel and all bad. Diana brought her own baggage from her childhood. And I have even less time for Meghan Markle’s whingefest. She was a wealthy, well connected 36 year old woman who should have known better. She refused to listen to her British friends who warned her about what life would be like. She decided to play dumb “I didn’t know who Prince Harry was” and even kept it up in the Oprah interview, pretending like she didn’t know basic protocol was. She wanted the ring on her finger and the fairytale wedding and once that was over she suddenly realised she wasn’t going to be happy opening community centres in Lewisham on freezing cold Tuesday mornings 🙄

Spare me!

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

It’s almost unimaginable to think that Kristen Stewart won’t win an Oscar for her nuanced, powerful portrayal as Princess Diana, in Pablo Larrain’s haunting fable, “Spencer.”

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Honor Byrne Swinton ought to be in the conversation – and ought to be nominated – for her beautiful performance in The Souvenir Part II.

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

I don’t think she has seen House of Gucci and she didn’t share anything related to that film on Twitter, either. She might just move Jared Leto upward because of the second trailer and the current hype around the film.

She confirmed on her podcast that records earlier in the week (think Thurs) that she was seeing HOG the night of her recording. She has seen it and like others say, only predicts what she has seen.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

oh Gaga is always in on the joke. The difference with her and Madonna is that Gaga doesn’t take herself so seriously. She will play the part of the super extra, committed artist but underestimate her at your peril. This is how she has always manouvred through Hollywood. She will get your attention. If it ain’t broke…

Well, that’s your personal take on it. I think she takes herself way too seriously and that’s one of the reasons why I never liked her. I don’t think her “extraness” was supposed to be funny, but I guess it is because she doesn’t seem to realize how cringeworthy her attitude is.

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

It’s almost unimaginable to think that Kristen Stewart won’t win an Oscar for her nuanced, powerful portrayal as Princess Diana, in Pablo Larrain’s haunting fable, “Spencer.”

One of the best performance in years and truly Oscar worthy. Eagerly waiting for 12th when movie opens in my country.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

I disagree with the general opinion that this is a strong category so far. Only Kristen Stewart feels locked. It’s literally up for grabs.

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Olivia (and Maggie) win their first awards!

Other films that screened in Centerpiece: Belfast (won Audience Award), C’mon C’mon, The Hand of God, Mothering Sunday, Passing, The Power of the Dog and Spencer.

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I disagree with the general opinion that this is a strong category so far. Only Kristen Stewart feels locked. It’s literally up for grabs.

Having few locked performances could be an indication of the strength of a field rather than an indication of its weakness.

Profile picture
    Rilke
    Topics:

Well, that’s your personal take on it. I think she takes herself way too seriously and that’s one of the reasons why I never liked her. I don’t think her “extraness” was supposed to be funny, but I guess it is because she doesn’t seem to realize how cringeworthy her attitude is.

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Olivia (and Maggie) win their first awards!

Maggie won in Venice!

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Maggie won in Venice!

Lmao shame on me for forgetting that but yes her second award!!

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Newport Beach Festival?

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Finally saw Spencer and I really enjoyed it. Kristen Stewart’s performance is astonishing. The costumes were gorgeous (my favorite is the dress she wore for the Christmas Day dinner scene), and the cinematography and production design were great. One of my friends saw it with me, and she also liked it.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.