Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 535 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Tell Them!!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    benbraddock
    Topics:

I saw Spencer yesterday. Stewart is quite good but I don’t see her winning an Oscar for it

Chastain
    Stewart
    Colman
    Lady Gaga
    Kidman

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Well, that’s your personal take on it. I think she takes herself way too seriously and that’s one of the reasons why I never liked her. I don’t think her “extraness” was supposed to be funny, but I guess it is because she doesn’t seem to realize how cringeworthy her attitude is.

you really think she didn’t see people joking about her one person in every room quote? Yet she kept saying it. That’s somebody who is in on the joke. It’s why she keeps saying she’s Italian and everyone us like WE KNOW!!!!! Just say you don’t understand her and haven’t been paying attention. I kind of love this bc that means she just pops up and wins Oscars and grammys and is invited to perform at the inauguration while you remain scratching your head in bewilderment. I think Gaga kinda likes being the underdog, which she hasn’t really been in a long time. 😜

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I saw Spencer yesterday. Stewart is quite good but I don’t see her winning an Oscar for it Chastain Stewart Colman Lady Gaga Kidman

lol

Profile picture
    Matty
    Topics:

Saw Spencer yesterday. Kristen Stewart‘s performance is on par with Vivienne Leigh’s in Streetcar and Joaquin Phoenix in Joker. However the movie itself is really artsy that might alienate general audience. I love the movie though.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

1.Kristen

2.Olivia

3. Gaga

4. Penelope

5.??? Seen Jhud, Jessica, Frances and Jodie

Unseen Rooney, Halle and Nicole

Fyi it’s hard to see the top 4 not getting in for nominations.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Just curious. For those that had Cate Blanchett in their predictions for lead originally, who did you guys select to replace her?

At first I put Frances but I think she’ll he supporting, so I ended up with Chastain

1) Stewart
    2) Gaga
    3) Kidman
    4) Colman
    5) Chastain

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Saw Spencer yesterday. Kristen Stewart‘s performance is on par with Vivienne Leigh’s in Streetcar and Joaquin Phoenix in Joker. However the movie itself is really artsy that might alienate general audience. I love the movie though.

I want to see this movie so bad, almost every critic has Kristen with the Oscar in the bag, similar to Joaquin Phoenix in Joker,the bad thing is that i didn’t like Jackie, i hope this one is better.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I know the odds put Penelope in the top 5 but I really don’t get why people are so confident in her, is it the Volpi Cup win? Or people think she’s overdue for another nom?

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

The case of Ann Dowd puts me in mind of the inordinate amount of buzz coming out of Telluride and then TIFF in 2019 around A24’s Waves and the TV-show stans/pundits were in overdrive pushing Sterling K Brown as nearly locked for a nom in supporting actor. The “This Is Us” fans plus those thinking Waves would be another A24 awards season success after Moonlight were intensely pushing that narrative (I don’t know how high Brown rose in GD odds, but it definitely felt like he was near the top from all the pundit chatter.) But Brown and Waves all but fell off the map at precursor time and vanished from all pundit picks soon after. Not helping matters was the fact that A24 was also juggling The Lighthouse, The Farewell and Uncut Gems, not always smoothly, and the studio ended up being virtually shut out on Oscar nomination morning.

Had Waves been a Sundance premiere instead of a Telluride one, it is likely Brown would have had a Dowd-style hammerlock in GD odds for supporting actor at least for a while.

Yeah I’ve been saying for a while now… Ann Dowd being at the top for so long is surprising considering how it basically never happens that the person at the top doesn’t at least get nominated

Brown was just in the last cycle though… I’m not sure he was ever no. 1? I feel like there was a time just after Telluride that he maybe went up to 3 but Kaluuya was kind of always huge, and different men from Chicago 7, but Odom Jr. was no. 1 for aaaaages, and then Kaluuya if I recall. Both eventually got nominated

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

Crying at Spencer getting panned by the audience…oh well, twitter “critics” could do only so much I guess.

Someone saying “Spencer looks like a vehicle to change couture dresses” took me out…

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.