Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 543 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
M
LA26
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Pls. If Isabelle Huppert and Antonio Banderas couldn’t get in at SAG, Renate Reinsve definitely won’t. If a foreign language performance gets in, it’ll be Penélope Cruz in Parallel Mothers.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Lady Gaga and Meryl Streep are not comparable. Plenty of performers make it in for one performance and then miss the next big one, especially if they’re the only above-the-line contender from the film: Timothée Chalamet (Beautiful Boy), Marion Cotillard (Rust and Bone), Amy Adams (Big Eyes), Margot Robbie (Mary Queen of Scots), Jessica Chastain (A Most Violent Year), etc.

Maybe Robbie would be the best comparison for Gaga here. MQoS made it into the exact same two categories we’re considering HoG for, and Robbie made it at SAG but was ultimately left out.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I swear most of this thread is just wishful thinking at this point “I just want my niche favourite contender that I know most voters don’t care about, to be nominated over this bigger contender that’s getting raves, is a previous nominee and expected to make a big splash at the box office”

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

LMAO, even if Reinsve somehow got in at SAG, it wouldn’t be at Gaga’s expense.

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

I think a key point to Gaga (and Leto) chances with the Academy’s acting branch will be landing the ensemble nom at SAG ( some people that liked the film seem to be rooting for that). In that scenario, they don’t really need much more (even against possible late breakers like Kidman, Zegler or even Mara) and they could bypass a BAFTA snub. With single noms at SAG, someone in a more traditional baity film could be a problem.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Nicole is coming

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

SAG is the last place youre gonna rank MC performances

That would be GG and CC, I believe.

And considering non-English-language performances in Minari (MC 89) and Parasite (MC 96) have won at SAG recently I’ll stick with this.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Gaga needs to campaign hard and she’s gonna do it, hopefully. Along with Pacino she’s the standout of the movie, according to those who saw it.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Not the Jlo comparisons again. A critically-derided “artist” who was playing a stripper in a movie that was vastly overrated by critics but was never gonna land with the Academy anyway. She was never gonna be nominated, no matter how hard she campaigned

Gaga is definitely above in every single way, even if her movie doesn’t reach Hustler’s metascore

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Gaga needs to campaign hard and she’s gonna do it, hopefully. Along with Pacino she’s the standout of the movie, according to those who saw it.

yeah, i think she will lol She really cares about this project/her acting career in general.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

yeah, i think she will lol She really cares about this project/her acting career in general.

I hope she does. We need her on this race or otherwise I’ll be bored to death.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Seated for Spencer excited rn. And Gaga is locked (in my opinion)

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Seated for Spencer excited rn. And Gaga is locked (in my opinion)

lmao soon as a typed that House of Gucci trailer is playing right now a sign for me to predict gaha for a nom.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Not the Jlo comparisons again. A critically-derided “artist” who was playing a stripper in a movie that was vastly overrated by critics but was never gonna land with the Academy anyway. She was never gonna be nominated, no matter how hard she campaigned

Gaga is definitely above in every single way, even if her movie doesn’t reach Hustler’s metascore

Aw Bassett don’t break my heart. Gaga’s obviously better in general, but JLo ate that UP, maybe the only good performance she’s even given but still

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

lol cmon guys, this movie sounds like everything I was afraid it would be but Gaga’s getting in, no question.

You ONLY need 8%… literally…only

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.