Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 543 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
M
LA26
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

TESSA TESSA TESSA! RUTH RUTH RUTH! OMG… Omg! Tessa gave. The subtle moments. Her questioning her husband without saying a damn thing or saying it without being direct. Her growing fears. Her fear of Clare’s husband. She really took off during the end. The ending… She delivered an unbelievable performance. Tessa is competing for Gold. That was a WINNING performance. If she is snubbed, I’d die. Tessa and Ruth for the f * WINS. Rebecca Hall is coming for that Director nod!

I just knew after reading the book if the characters were treated with respect they’d be pretty much locked…super excited for tonight!

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

The reviews seem like 80 percent rotten tomoato score, 60-70 metascore. Gaga will easily get in. And Globes will push her further. She is certainly in at 4/5 spot.

Hun, the movie is basically the hillbilly elegy of this year. Lmao.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Hun, the movie is basically the hillbilly elegy of this year. Lmao.

It really isn’t, lol. The obvious bias is real.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

I don’t know why but I have a feeling Being the Ricardos will be a great movie and Nicole Kidman is gonna serve us one of her best performances.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I’m gonna need Hurricane Colman to come in strong and ASAP this season. I looked over the predictions and some experts either have Olivia ranked lower than others or completely shut her out (some actually have Emilia Jones, Thomasin McKenzie and even Marion Cotillard for Annette. Loved Annette, but AMPAS won’t touch it). Hope these “experts” don’t underestimate her again after this season.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

It really isn’t, lol. The obvious bias is real.

You got some calling Gaga’s performance great and some calling her performance Awful.

Basically Amy Adams and Glenn Close in Hillbily Elegy.
    Lmao.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Amazon updated their FYC page for Being the Ricardos. Looks like the first screening will be in NYC on November 16 at 7:30 pm: https://www.amazonstudiosguilds.com/titles/being-the-ricardos/ It will be followed by a Q&A with Sorkin, Kidman, Simmons and Nina Arianda.

Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

You got some calling Gaga’s performance great and some calling her performance Awful. Basically Amy Adams and Glenn Close in Hillbily Elegy. Lmao.

by some do you mean 99% saying she’s amazing, chews the scenery and has elevated herself in the acting world and 2 reviews sayings she’s not great. Lol

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

TESSA TESSA TESSA! RUTH RUTH RUTH! OMG… Omg! Tessa gave. The subtle moments. Her questioning her husband without saying a damn thing or saying it without being direct. Her growing fears. Her fear of Clare’s husband. She really took off during the end. The ending… She delivered an unbelievable performance. Tessa is competing for Gold. That was a WINNING performance. If she is snubbed, I’d die. Tessa and Ruth for the f * WINS. Rebecca Hall is coming for that Director nod!

Can’t wait till it’s on Netflix!

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Can’t wait till it’s on Netflix!

I live in US. It just came on Netflix a few hours ago here.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

You got some calling Gaga’s performance great and some calling her performance Awful.

Basically Amy Adams and Glenn Close in Hillbily Elegy.
    Lmao.

There have been about 2 negative reactions on Gaga in a swarm of raves. Even in some of the mixed/negative reactions of the film still said they loved her performance. I’d say there has been a lot more positive reactions than negative to Gucci, which certainly wasn’t the case for Hillbilly.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Naah, it is not hillbilly by any means. Critics are meh on it, they didn’t trash it.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Tessa was so damn good. OMG! I need to be in bed. its almost 3am.

TESSA TESSA TESSA. What an amazing performance. Rebecca Hall knew what she was doing (if she had anything to do with the casting). Tessa was f****** perfect.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

5 critics called the movie a bloated mess with bad acting except
    For Pacino.

I bet the good ones come from critics who are scared to get dragged by Gaga stans.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I don’t know what to make of Spencer’s audience reception.

I absolutely loved the movie to my core but my parents (whose favourite Netflix show is the crown) hated the film. They couldn’t stand it and felt it was claustrophobic and uncomfortable.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.