Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 543 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
M
LA26
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

My thing with BAFTA is why have an award show if they will always favor the British Actress????? Why nominate non British actresses if they will only favor the British actress?

I mean the BAFTA is meant to favor in grown British talent. It’s not suppose to be some type of Oscar predictor thank god for the jury reform! Also Frances won this year beating British ingenue Vanessa Kirby. Frances also defeated Sally Hawkins for Three Billboards. Cate Blanchett, an Australian, won over Dame Judi Dench for Philomena. Moore won over Rosamund Pike.

BAFTA usually goes for the British actor if their film is embraced by the awards body. Olivia Colman’s The Favourite was embraced. Anthony Hopkin’s The Father was similarly embraced. We would need to see if BAFTA is more willing to embrace Spencer or The Lost Daughter next year to see whether or not Colman or Stewart has the edge.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

My thing with BAFTA is why have an award show if they will always favor the British Actress????? Why nominate non British actresses if they will only favor the British actress?

If they always favored the british nominees, Sally Hawkins would’ve beaten McDormand(and she should because her performance was 10x more impressive even though I hated the movie) 3 years ago. People really overstate this “british bias” thing. Colman is beloved but that doesn’t mean she will always win.

And even if this bias exists, Stewart is playing a british icon. So this would make it a race between her and Colman, not a cakewalk for the latter.

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

Not Kristen’s camp paying that bodyguard and cooking guy to praise her 💀

It’s giving Jennifer Aniston level of desperation for that Oscar nom 😂

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

Not Kristen’s camp paying that bodyguard and cooking guy to praise her 💀 It’s giving Jennifer Aniston level of desperation for that Oscar nom

A Gaga fan talking about paying for praise, is this a joke?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I increasingly think The Lost Daughter is a stronger film player. With a complete paucity of critically acclaimed films, this is the only one here, and among the only ones in BP, which is likely to have a 80+ MC and likely acting contender(s).

The Tragedy of MacBeth is at 89 on MC and even if McDormand isn’t nominated— and she might well be— Denzel Washington is a “likely acting contender.”

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

The don’t, same with the actors

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Of course they have awarded non British actresses but, my thing is, how is it that they are a predictor for the Oscars when everyone assumes they will honor the British talent or British story? If they tend to favor their own, why do they have so much “power” when it comes to the Oscars? That definitely doesn’t help when it comes to people of Color. The same association that has denied Denzel Washington who has received 8 Oscar nominations does not need to have any influence on the Oscars.

I just feel that BAFTA should not have power if the assumption prior to nominations/wins is that a British actress has more of an edge.

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

UK Critic for BBC gives a taste of what is about to unfold when the review Embrago for House of Gucci drops.

Lady Gaga is good in it, but the movie may prove bit mixed with critics. She still in the race definitely though.

FYC Oscars 2022

Best Supporting Actor: Ben Affleck

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I’m having a hard time seeing KStew win the BAFTA. Many voters probably don’t want to put the royal family in a bad light, so they’ll hide their intentions by voting for another strong performance which is Olivia’s. And that can pave the way towards Olivia’s second Oscar win, if the movie is actually good. But there’s a chance the Oscars break the pattern and don’t follow BAFTA this year.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Critical consensus of House of Gucci so far is that it has the most acting of any film this year

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:
    kaziz
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is one of her generation’s greatest actresses. I just don’t buy her winning the BAFTA for The Lost Daughter since I don’t think it’s the right role BAFTA will gravitate to … I expect a Colman pulling a DDL in There Will be Blood sweep some time in the future.

I’m def not predicting her to win as of now: Stewart’s got this! Totally. But I do see her as the most likely alternative. And honestly, the film is great & even if people don’t like it, she’s genuinely better here than ever before! Like… There Will Be Passion lol

Let’s say, just hypothetically, that she does win — two years from now, it’s not as if we’ll necessarily be looking back and thinking it was some giant upset. If she’s gonna win soon anyway, it may well be for this, roles that top The Favourite don’t come all that often.

Again, I am def not predicting it, so Stewart-haters can suck it (seriously, stop reaching pls), but now that HoG has come out, it’s looking better for Colman as a solid no. 2 in the race. That’s all

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Thoughts on Gaga getting a review similar to Madonna in Body Of Evidence? .svg” class=”emoji”

The performance has been praised. Come on now.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.