Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 543 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
M
LA26
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Dunno where was Kristen Stewart born, but she sounded british to me in Spencer. I think she’s a lock.

acclaimed, never nominated before and BRITISH? oh she’s a lock 100%

Profile picture
    amydunne
    Topics:

Is Stewart liked and respected enough by the industry to have an Oscar handed to her on her first nomination? And for a movie that’s even less accessible than Jackie? I just don’t buy into it. She’s a wild card at best. I have Cruz as my #1 and Colman as an alternative.

don’t know if this is very telling but I was sent a post from AW of someone saying they contacted some academy members, and that the love in the industry is overwhelming for Stewart, and that people are underestimating it. it also said that even though some of them didn’t like the film, there are rooting for her nonetheless.

I would post the picture but I have no idea how to lol. can anyone tell me how to upload pictures onto here from a laptop?

FYC:
    Spencer (IN ALL CATEGORIES)
    Passing (IN ALL CATEGORIES)
    The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

enough with this Bullshit. Mara is British too

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I hate how the BAFTAs jury have unfortunately become the biggest influencer of the Oscars race. Anyone who will miss the BAFTAs this year, honestly I will immediately see their chances as cut in half.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

BAFTAs are sheep, first and foremost, before they are independently British. They tweaked their new voting rules this year because they saw how much their nominations deviated from the Oscars last season. That “top 2 vote-getter” shit is just an excuse to nominate the 2 strongest contenders/frontrunners so that they can cover their bases. Since Kristen Stewart is the frontrunner, she shouldn’t have any trouble getting in here and even if she, by off chance, doesn’t get there, the jury would save her.

Wacky stuff like Gucci is probably getting snubbed HARD by BAFTA even if it does well at Globes and SAG.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wacky stuff like Gucci is probably getting snubbed HARD by BAFTA even if it does well at Globes and SAG.

Nightmare Alley‘s actors could be in danger there too. They’re not going to gravitate towards stars in Hollywood productions if they’re not win competitive (e.g. I highly doubt Margot Robbie would have made it in under this voting system for either Once Upon a Time in Hollywood or Bombshell).

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Olivia Colman and Kristen Stewart will be the top 2 nominated at BAFTA. But I’m curious who would be the distant third if Stewart falters. I think Cruz maybe? I think the Gaga, Chastain and Kidman would all split for the real life depiction role too much for there to be a consensus and get snubbed by the jury.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t even think Chastain is getting long-listed at BAFTA. That film is too American like The United States vs Billie Holiday last season.

FYC:

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Nightmare Alley‘s actors could be in danger there too. They’re not going to gravitate towards stars in Hollywood productions if they’re not win competitive (e.g. I highly doubt Margot Robbie would have made it in under this voting system for either Once Upon a Time in Hollywood or Bombshell).

At least they had taste to nominate her for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which in my humble opinion was the better performance out of the two.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman is British too this Oscar season. just letting yall know….. So is Halle…..

Yes she actually holds a British passport as per imbd

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

You said ASIB was going to end Gaga’s career. Well at least HoG is happening.

And to your point, yes Gucci will underperform just like Vice. But remember even with Vice they gave acting nominations.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But remember even with Vice they gave acting nominations.

Different voting system. Bale would have still gotten nominated at BAFTA because he was second in both BAFTA and Oscar races (he even got in at the London film critics circle) but Adams and Rockwell wouldn’t have stood a chance with this voting system.

FYC:

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Different voting system. Bale would have gotten nominated at BAFTA because he was second (he even got in at the London film critics circle) but Adams and Rockwell wouldn’t have stood a chance with this voting system.

Yeah but remember there will be 6 nominations this year. Gaga obviously has a very good chance because almost all critics including the ones who didn’t like the film are praising her. But a nomination for Al Pacino is also not out of realm of possibility.

But that will be it. Maybe Costume Design and few other technical categories. I don’t see Gucci in Best Film.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If Davis couldn’t get in with the jury — Chastain, Gaga, and Gaga are missing.

I think this will be the Best Actress lineup:

1. Colman

2. Stewart

3. Cruz

4. Thompson

The last 2 slots will be British actresses that the jury nominates that aren’t really in the Best Actress radar.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.