Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 543 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
M
LA26
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gaga obviously has a very good chance because almost all critics including the ones who didn’t like the film are praising her.

I mean almost all the critics who didn’t like Mank praised Amanda Seyfried and Gary Oldman and neither of them made it in at the BAFTAs.

She’s got tougher competition at the BAFTAs than at the Oscars because even though there are six slots there will be 14 other actresses she’ll be up against who will likely have performances just as and in some cases even baitier than hers.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

And speaking of the BAFTAs, here are my 6 nominees for now:

1. Olivia Colman
    2. Kristen Stewart
    3. Penelope Cruz
    4. Lady Gaga
    5. Frances McDormand
    6. Jennifer Hudson

Profile picture
    lulina
    Topics:

with that criteria then Jodie Comer it’s nominated for BAFTA because she’s British, and the Jury’s seems to love her?

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I mean almost all the critics who didn’t like Mank praised Amanda Seyfried and Gary Oldman and neither of them made it in at the BAFTAs.

I mean I don’t know what happened with Mank but it’s certainly not a critical acclaim issue so this point is moot honestly. It’s sitting at 79 MC and that’s higher than Spencer for example. So it definitely had other problems.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

with that criteria then Jodie Comer it’s nominated for BAFTA because she’s British, and the Jury’s seems to love her?

I see BAFTA jury pushing one or two weak contenders who might not get the spot in the other awards, Jodie would be a good fit for that. But we need to see where the season kicks off with SAG/GG.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Would the jury select all white lineup though? I feel that’d be controversial. They’ll certainly push one or two but I think they’ll be women of color.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

You said ASIB was going to end Gaga’s career. Well at least HoG is happening.

And to your point, yes Gucci will underperform just like Vice. But remember even with Vice they gave acting nominations.

That stupid lie you continue to tell is as tired as your relentless Gaga stanning.

And please shut that shit up when you don’t know WHAT you’re talking about. Vice was under a different voting system and that was before this jury mess. It got 6 nominations, including Editing (which it WON) and didn’t necessarily underperform. That was top 5 when it got the Oscar noms that it did. Gucci is NOT getting across the board nominations unless you really believe it’s getting Director, Screenplay, Editing and Makeup noms/wins.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

BAFTA is very likely to fill the slots with their own choices that appeal to their sensibilities who don’t get any Oscar traction. Bakray, Blank, Mosaku, and Woodward were among the nominees last year nominated for Best Actress at BAFTA who had no chance at an Oscar nomination and were passion picks selected by the jury. I think 2 or 3 slots will be reserved for these passion picks. Probably should expect at least 3 WOC to be nominated well. So I believe predicting the entire lineup is futile unless you are familiar with the British indie film scene. I’m not so I’m not bothering predicting the whole lineup lol.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

That stupid lie you continue to tell

Oh please you’re just lucky most people here are new and don’t remember that but I do, because certainly you did say that, something to the effect that ASIB would be so panned that Gaga’s career wouldn’t recover from it. And you know that you did.

But anyway it’s not worth rehashing, I think you’ve been mocked enough over the years for it.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

the girls are fightinggg

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

the girls are fightinggg

I couldn’t resist sorry. Everytime I see Bee talking about Gaga I immediately remember that infamous statement from them.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

And why would all 6 nominees be straight Oscar contenders???? Look at last year

Actor: 3/6 (snubbed Oldman and Yeun)
    Actress: 2/6 (snubbed Viola, Carey, and Andra wasnt in the longlist)
    Supporting Actor: 3/6 (snubbed SBC and Lakeith wasnt in longlist)
    Supporting Actress 2/6 (snubbed Colman, Seyfried, Close AND Foster)

They snubbed the more “broad” contenders for mostly obscure British acts. That will most likely happen again. But M has always been a delusional, different breed of dumb whenever it comes to anything that is Gaga-related.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

TESSA! TESSA! TESSA! TESSA!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Regardless of Oscar chances, Tessa Thompson is not missing at the BAFTAs. Thompson isn’t British (not that really matters to get a noimination) but Vicki Leex did make some good points. She delivers a performance that stands out in her film, is going to be one of the least established performers on the long-list and could will be one of the few people of colour that make the long-list in her category. She’s in a film that is very independently driven and has a lot of social relevancy.

A jury that was set up to stop Hollywood name-check acting nominations for thankless roles, improve the diversity in BAFTA nominations and recognise more performers from different and independent films isn’t going to snub someone who fits all of those things. Last year they nominated Radha Blank and Alfre Woodard over beloved British film actress Carey Mulligan and an Academy Award winner in a physically transformative performance. It’s also worth mentioning that Passing is a British co-production (it’s produced by a production company that not only has significant weight in the British film industry but also tends to perform disproportionately well in membership voted upon nominations) directed by a British actress that has a supporting turn from an Irish actress. It’s probably going to be viewed as more of a homegrown production by both the membership and the jury than people are expecting.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

PTA also called her ‘money in the bank’ back in early 2018. Hope he gets his wish

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.