Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 543 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
M
LA26
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I think she will still be nominated because it might be messy but it’s looks campy as shit.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Lmao I love how he’s using the same exact words of the fake review that he misattributed to David Rooney. But I love how Golderby will casually ignore the 100+ other reviews from verified critics and focus on this fella:

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Gregory Ellwood didn’t like it and his comment about Leto made me laugh: Sad to report House of Gucci is not good. At times you wonder if it’s Ridley’s first pass at an edit. More disappointing? Lady Gaga is bad. Not even CAMP good. There are moments when she’s simply dead behind the eyes. Reminded of Madonna in Body of Evidence. Besides Gaga, Jared Leto delivers an SNL skit of a performance. Zero subtlety, nothing below the surface. Al Pacino gives the best perf in the movie. Adam Driver escapes unscathed. Film slogs along and isn’t even entertaining. Ends on an epic THUD. Adds up to nothing. Sigh. Source: thegregorye 

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Matt Neglia: Lacking in energy, style & camp, HOUSE OF GUCCI plods through deadly serious drama for 2.5 hours with an uneven tone. Lady Gaga, Adam Driver & Al Pacino deliver but a cartoonish Jared Leto feels like he’s in a different film. A disappointingly mediocre effort from Ridley Scott. (Source: next best picture)

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js I think she will still be nominated because it might be messy but it’s looks campy as shit.

There are tens of positive reviews out there, but i knew you’d pick the very negative one. I just knew. Better pray that Halle Berry and her self directed bruise drama performs better. Nicole Kidman and her Sorkin stage film too

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Gaga is in. These reactions sort of remind me of Vice, but Gucci will be a much bigger audience hit.

Profile picture
    Jordan_Pack
    Topics:

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Scott Menzel Part 1: House of Gucci is a bloated & uneven mess that feels like two different movies rolled in one. Every single cast member acts as though they are in a different movie except for Al Pacino, who seems to have understood the assignment and serves as the film’s MVP. I’m a big Lady Gaga fan and she definitely tries to make the material work, however, just like the film, her performance is all over the place. In some scenes, Gaga is pretty terrific but in others, she seems like she is trying way too hard which comes across as overacting. Source: scottdmenzel

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

There are tens of positive reviews out there, but i knew you’d pick the very negative one. I just knew. Better pray that Halle Berry and her self directed bruise drama performs better. Nicole Kidman and her Sorkin stage film too

Even if the reviews are bad between Bruised and Being the Ricardos they can still nominated and if they don’t , I’m not gonna cry because they already have their Oscars and My other Queen Kristen will be winning.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

(Sounds like the film shooting, going into post and releasing in the same year didn’t help with editing) Scott Menzel Part 2: The film is poorly edited and never manages to finds the right tone. The first half is entertaining and campy while the second half is way too serious. I never cared about any of the characters or what happened to them which is weird given the level of talent involved. Lastly, for a film based on a fascinating true story so much of the story was uninteresting. The script truly struggles to reel in the audience & relies far too heavily on the performances, which as I said previously, doesn’t always work in the films favor. A missed opportunity. source: scottdmenzel

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

It’s time to take out the trash:

Replaced Chastain with Gaga (again).

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Industry ~and most critics~ seems to love it, she’s getting in everywhere

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Scott Menzel: (I guess Salma Hayek can be crossed off the SA predictions) Oh, and one last thing, this is second film in a row that completely wastes Salma Hayek. She’s such a remarkable talent but she is so underutilized in this film. I don’t even know why she was in it because she is completely wasted. Source: scottdmenzel

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.