Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 543 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
M
LA26
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Gaga is in!

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Since some people are intentionally singling out some negative reviews from movie bloggers. Here’s some positive ones from people with higher positions in the industry for a better perspective:

“House of Gucci is very good, Jared Leto was born to play iconic fashion designer Fredo Waluigi Gucci, and — sorry if this is a spoiler — but at one point Lady Gaga says “it’s time to take out the trash.” – chief film critic @IndieWire

“I mean it as an absolute compliment that while watching Gaga in HOUSE OF GUCCI, I wondered who she reminded me of, and then I realized it was Joan Cusack in ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES” – Reporter and Columnist at the New York Times

“Thrilled to tell you Lady Gaga is SO GOOD in House of Gucci & the parts with just these two are so fun. I hope they are in, like, a Golden Age-esque movie musical together someday.” – Entertainment Editor at Mashable

“#HouseOfGucci is Shakespearean in its execution. A solid story of greed and a hunger for success at any cost is dotted with tragi-comedic interludes – both entertaining in different ways. With solid performances, if campy and overegged at times, it works but could do with a trim.” – BAFTA member

“#HouseofGucci is delicious and fun. Couldn’t take my eyes off of it. @ladygaga
    and @JaredLeto are the most delicious of the bunch.” – Variety Senior Editor

“#HouseOfGucci Big & soapy, this really hit the spot for me. Everything Leto & Pacino do is lol ridiculous, yet nicely balanced with Driver & Gaga’s mannered 50s melodrama turns. Ridley Scott has everyone acting in the same movie, while going big with glorious gusto.” – Deputy Editor at Indiewire

“#HouseofGucci is like ‘Succession’ meets ‘Nocturnal Animals.’ It will definitely earn Lady Gaga her second Oscar nomination for acting. But the entire ensemble is terrific — Driver, Pacino, Leto, Irons and Hayek, who devours every line of dialogue in the film.” – Executive Editor at Variety

“It is absolutely criminal how good an actress Lady Gaga is, and how good she is HOUSE OF GUCCI.” – Film Critic at Rolling Stones

Profile picture
    Jordan_Pack
    Topics:

Scott Menzel Part 1: House of Gucci is a bloated & uneven mess that feels like two different movies rolled in one. Every single cast member acts as though they are in a different movie except for Al Pacino, who seems to have understood the assignment and serves as the film’s MVP. I’m a big Lady Gaga fan and she definitely tries to make the material work, however, just like the film, her performance is all over the place. In some scenes, Gaga is pretty terrific but in others, she seems like she is trying way too hard which comes across as overacting. Source: scottdmenzel

Also, some more positives:

Gaga is getting in.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Are all the negative reviews coming from NBP and WoR? And I don’t think either counts for MC. I’m not seeing any negative reviews from other outlets.

Even Vanity Fair which are not a big fan of the movie still praises Gaga’s performance saying that it’s officially a Best Actress Contender.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

With the Gucci reactions I am officially campaigning for Alana Haim to get a Best Actress nomination

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    Farix
    Topics:

The bad faith of certain users intentionally and repeatedly posting the very same bad reactions to HoG coming from biased critics who make Madonna comparisons in 2021. Yikes.

Profile picture
    Jordan_Pack
    Topics:

Lady Gaga and Alana Haim looking like this year’s only Best Actress contenders in films that will also likely land in Best Picture

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s time to take out the trash:  

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    keybored
    Topics:

Are all the negative reviews coming from NBP and WoR? And I don’t think either counts for MC. I’m not seeing any negative reviews from other outlets. Even Vanity Fair which are not a big fan of the movie still praises Gaga’s performance saying that it’s officially a Best Actress Contender.

Both Scott Menzel and Gregory Ellwood are rt and mc affilated critic. So is Anne thompson and Esther zuckerman who liked it but not enough

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Both Scott Menzel and Gregory Ellwood are rt and mc affilated critic. So is Anne thompson and Esther zuckerman who liked it but not enough

Don’t confuse RT with MC. RT there are usually hundreds of approved reviewers for every movie. MC is much pickier.

And neither Scott nor Gregory write for MC-approved publications. You can check the list here:
    https://www.metacritic.com/browse/movies/publication/name/

Profile picture
    keybored
    Topics:

Lmao I love how he’s using the same exact words of the fake review that he misattributed to David Rooney. But I love how Golderby will casually ignore the 100+ other reviews from verified critics and focus on this fella:

i don’t have a dog in this fight but it’s reach of you to try to suss out fake reviews when you coudnt even recgonize the fake meme tweet about cosmic jumbo you bought here cause it vaguely sounded like praise. for you every negative review is fake and every praise no matter how vague or fake is real. You are too biased to be objective here.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Lady Gaga and Alana Haim looking like this year’s only Best Actress contenders in films that will also likely land in Best Picture

I would think Colman and Cruz are ahead of both by that measure.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Aftersun" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Charlotte Wellls; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Frankie Corio; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Paul Mescal; Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Charlotte Wells
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

It’s time to take out the trash: Replaced Chastain with Gaga (again).

I still think Chastain is in. She’s totally undeniable. She better not be snubbed. I enjoyed her performance and movie

Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    keybored
    Topics:

If David rooney rlly said that then this film is getting low 60s on MC. He is frm the and rlly seen as respcted senior critic that others follow

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.