Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 561 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

To be fair, she got one (ONE) negative review from A.A Dowd from A.V Club who think she was miscast as Diana. But other than that its all raves and acclaim

Well he must feel like a damn fool now

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Barry Jenkins is a stan?

Diana’s bodyguard and chef are Stewart stans too!

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

think if it wasn’t for the fact that Passing is not entirely a one-woman show like Spencer is, Thompson comes close? More praise for Hall overall than Thompson though, which is still good?

tessa’s praise is nowhere near the raves that Kristen is getting. Stop the delusion.

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Lol Bardem IS an A-lister. He’s a bigger A lister than Will Smith or Cumberbatch. He got nominated for a foreign movie with only a BAFTA nomination. Skyfall was never getting any acting nominations.

On what planet is Bardem a bigger A-lister than Will Smith?
    He got nominated in 2010 because there was no big name to keep him out, besides Skyfall was huge and he had precursor nominations to back him up, he would have gotten nominated if they didn’t have better names to nominate, just like with this year’s Best Actor slate.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

tessa’s praise is nowhere near the raves that Kristen is getting. Stop the delusion.

She’s not getting the visible praise and viral tweets Stewart is getting, yes, but the raves in the reviews are very consistent and glowing and comparable. And I’m a fan of both, so honestly… Fuck right off with your stan-vocab. You don’t read anything longer than 240 characters, stop telling me about “delusions”, you absolute cretin.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    MM
    Topics:

If that’s how you want to cope then sure.

I mean sure this dude is not Stewart stan lol. The funny thing is he’s dismissing anyone who is a big threat to Kristen. First Gaga now poor Nicole.

And people say Kristen is not a payola 🤭

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

He is not lol

Help, literally on what planet ☠️

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

She’s not getting the visible praise and viral tweets Stewart is getting, yes, but the raves in the reviews are very consistent and glowing and comparable. And I’m a fan of both, so honestly… Fuck right off with your stan-vocab. You don’t read anything longer than 240 characters, stop telling me about “delusions”, you absolute cretin.

nonsense 😁

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Bardem is an Oscar winner (Will and Benedict aren’t) and has other two nominations for foreign movies. In what world isn’t he more respected in industry than those ?

I’m talking about respect in industry. Not their movie star status, which doesn’t matter when it comes to Oscar nominations.

This forum lol

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

I mean sure this dude is not Stewart stan lol. The funny thing is he’s dismissing anyone who is a big threat to Kristen. First Gaga now poor Nicole. And people say Kristen is not a payola 🤭

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

LMAO he is the like 1/3 people who have critiqued the performances whereas 150+ people have praised the casting and screenplay lol

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Diana’s bodyguard and chef are Stewart stans too!

If we are accepting reviews from Diana’s bodyguard and chef…….then we are absolutely going accept Being the Ricardo’s reviews from Lucille Ball’s own daughter…..who said Nicole was astounding, became her mothers soul, and crawled into her head…..and doesn’t understand how she did it.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Can we just stop fighting over this whole thing lol? As if Diana’s chef and Bodyguard or Lucile’s daughter will matter for the Academy member? or Pundits opinions will have any effect to what Academy members will vote for?

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

If we are accepting reviews from Diana’s bodyguard and chef…….then we are absolutely going accept Being the Ricardo’s reviews from Lucille Ball’s own daughter…..who said Nicole was astounding, became her mothers soul, and crawled into her head…..and doesn’t understand how she did it.

Mmmmm disclaimer before my point: they may be equally good I have no idea, but

Is that totally fair though? I mean in one case you have the daughter who has a lot of investment but also…perhaps too much closeness to the subject and more critically, she’s getting paid to work on this movie, so it’s a given she will praise.

The same can’t exactly be said about Diana’s former employees :/

I have said this before but something about Luci Arnaz being used as the spokesperson for the film feels more than a little disingenuous. I don’t like it, it makes me uncomfortable. If Venus & Serena were the spokespersons for King Richard it would bother me the same way. It’s great the Luci is a producer, but she also is the daughter, she won’t see her own mother anywhere near as objectively as, say, a biographer. Very rose-tinted view, and of course: she’s paid.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Bardem is an Oscar winner (Will and Benedict aren’t) and has other two nominations for foreign movies. In what world isn’t he more respected in industry than those ? I’m talking about respect in industry. Not their movie star status, which doesn’t matter when it comes to Oscar nominations. This forum lol

Will and Benedict are both critically acclaimed actors with Oscar nominations in their resume (Will got 2). Your logic is dumb and doesn’t make sense when past winners fail to get nominated all the time, sometimes kicked out by unrewarded/non-nominated actors. Movie star status doesn’t matter yet we have people like Roberts, Bullock, McConaughey, Clooney, Pitt etc… who won because they are huge stars.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Mmmmm disclaimer before my point: they may be equally good I have no idea, but

Is that totally fair though? I mean in one case you have the daughter who has a lot of investment but also…perhaps too much closeness to the subject and more critically, she’s getting paid to work on this movie, so it’s a given she will praise.

The same can’t exactly be said about Diana’s former employees :/

I have said this before but something about Luci Arnaz being used as the spokesperson for the film feels more than a little disingenuous. I don’t like it, it makes me uncomfortable. If Venus & Serena were the spokespersons for King Richard it would bother me the same way. It’s great the Luci is a producer, but she also is the daughter, she won’t see her own mother anywhere near as objectively as, say, a biographer. Very rose-tinted view, and of course: she’s paid.

If you heard or read Lucie Arnaz’s interviews you’d know that she’s not one to beat around the bush or mince words. She’s very tell it like it is. She has been open about specific things that she didn’t agree with concerning the films narrative….so I don’t think she’d outright lie and say the film is amazing, as well as the performances. And as of now….what she said is pretty in line with the first reactions.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 561 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.