Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 561 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Will and Benedict are both critically acclaimed actors with Oscar nominations in their resume (Will got 2). Your logic is dumb and doesn’t make sense when past winners fail to get nominated all the time, sometimes kicked out by unrewarded/non-nominated actors. Movie star status doesn’t matter yet we have people like Roberts, Bullock, McConaughey, Clooney, Pitt etc… who won because they are huge stars.

You said Bardem can’t get in because there are too many A-listers. This is the point. He’s a very respected actor in industry and can surely get past the competition if he’s good and the movie is an across the board player. It’s not like he’s a newcomer.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

If you heard or read Lucie Arnaz’s interviews you’d know that she’s not one to beat around the bush or mince words. She’s very tell it like it is. She has been open about specific things that she didn’t agree with concerning the films narrative….so I don’t think she’d outright lie and say the film is amazing, as well as the performances. And as of now….what she said is pretty in line with the first reactions.

I have, I’m not saying she beats around the bush or lies, I was just pointing out that a daughter has a certain perspective and perhaps is not the best person to trot out about the accuracy of something for no fault of their own because children have idealized versions of their parents in their memories or idealized versions they’d like to put out. I didn’t say she was necessarily wrong, just that it is different to unpaid servants…

Anyway, it doesn’t matter.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Honestly, I see you being kind of nice enough and just polite enough to almost everyone else, but I must really get on your nerves & you on mine, so can we just mutually ignore each other because this will just get worse. I’m sorry I cuss at you lol, but you reallyyyyy know how to get on my nerves. Have a good one.

dude I don’t even look at who I’m replying to half the time. Put me on ignore if I trigger you that much. You’ve spazzed out at me numerous times and I’m just like 💃. It’s like you’re in a full on rage just bc I don’t agree with you on the flippin Oscars. It’s weird. I’m not ignoring anybody.

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

I mean sure this dude is not Stewart stan lol. The funny thing is he’s dismissing anyone who is a big threat to Kristen. First Gaga now poor Nicole. And people say Kristen is not a payola 🤭

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Okay I agree he is a fan. But not everyone who praised Kristen are fans. Let’s agree that every celebrities have stans so as Kristen. But saying she got praises only from her stan is nonsense.

Regarding negative reviews, well every movie and performances have positive and negative reviews. No one has 100 percent positives.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Okay I agree he is a fan. But not everyone who praised Kristen are fans. Let’s agree that every celebrities have stans so as Kristen. But saying she got praises only from her stan is nonsense.

Regarding negative reviews, well every movie and performances have positive and negative reviews. No one has 100 percent positives.

True because some people on here said Frances’s McDormand’s performance in Nomadland and the film were boring and she was playing herself……

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2021/awards/awards/being-the-ricardos-oscars-nicole-kidman-javier-bardem-1235111705/

Appears as if Mr Davis finds Bardem to be the film’s weak link. He also indicates the film’s strongest performance is Nina Arianda’s

Bardem rides the line between a lead and supporting role, although perhaps without showing the same effectiveness as his co-stars. Much of that could be due to knowing that he is not Cuban and should not have played this role.

His inclusion in the film heightens the ongoing issue of Latino representation in Hollywood. A USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative study found that Latinos are nearly nowhere to be found in movies. Seeing Bardem, a European Spaniard, take on the role of a revered Cuban figure when there are many available actors equally, if not more equipped to take on the part, remains discouraging.

I hope the Academy recognizes that only four Latino actors have been nominated for a lead performance in the last 93 years. This doesn’t discount Bardem’s status in the actors’ branch. He was nominated for best actor for his portrayal of another Cuban, poet Reinaldo Arenas, in Julian Schnabel’s “Before Night Falls” (2000)

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

You all were way too fast dismissing Nicole the other day when the trailer dropped. And well look where she is now.

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

True because some people on here said Frances’s McDormand’s performance in Nomadland and the film were boring and she was playing herself……

Depends on personal choice. Few people don’t like slow, artsy movies. Here in India,market for artsy movies is negligible. But that doesn’t mean performances are bad or the movie itself is bad. Personal tastes differ. We have to accept that and move on. We can’t force our opinion on someone

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

There are few I suppose, But Lil Tony want to shape the narrative in Gaga’s Favor

I wasn’t shaping a narrative. The user I quoted only mentioned the negative reactions of Gaga alone…like the others didn’t get their own share

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    fatyil83
    Topics:

do you think nicole winsO

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

lol and u guys thought Debra messing was better… well I guess the tables have turned …

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

He has more Oscar nominations than both

That doesn’t make him an A list super star. Will Smith is among the crop of last true film stars the World saw. He’s a recognisable face while only incredible cinephiles can talk about Bardem. It’s like Streep and McDormand. While McDormand is closer to the Hepburn record, Streep is the one everybody knows

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

‘widely seen film’ lmao.. Kidman’s trailer is nearly at 5mil in 3 days whereas Gaga has 12mil in 3 months. I think Kidman’s film is way more interesting for a wider public domain especially on a popular and female representative rather than the higher socioeconomic status of the Gucci family which some people hate their brand lol.

Not to be that person but you are totally off. Gucci has 150 million cumulative views on TikTok. The 2 trailers on YouTube are approaching 25-30 million if you include the videos from all sources. The Facebook views are very high too. Not to mention that heaps of people dressed up as the Gucci’s for Halloween and numerous memes etc that have come from the movie. I wouldn’t be comparing the 2 at all considering the initial reaction from the general public was extremely negative regarding Ricardo’s.

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Not to be that person but you are totally off. Gucci has 150 million cumulative views on TikTok. The 2 trailers on YouTube are approaching 25-30 million if you include the videos from all sources. The Facebook views are very high too. Not to mention that heaps of people dressed up as the Gucci’s for Halloween and numerous memes etc that have come from the movie. I wouldn’t be comparing the 2 at all considering the initial reaction from the general public was extremely negative regarding Ricardo’s.

Sorry not to be that person but I was talking about one trailer  not other social media platforms and others…  Your point about dressing up is irrelevant because there were also people that I saw dressing up as the Ricardo’s so that invalid. BTR will have more of the public domain to actually visit and be intrigued about the movie rather than HOG which people didn’t really like nor weren’t iconic as Lucille and Desi were.

Profile picture
    Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

Colman, Cruz, Gaga, Kidman, Stewart

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 561 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.