Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 561 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Love it.

Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

Ok she sounds really Italian in that scene. Knowing what a perfectionist Gaga is and how hard she works (and being of Italian background and thus having some relatives with an Italian accent) I just found it hard to believe she would sound Russian.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Ok she sounds really Italian in that scene. Knowing what a perfectionist Gaga is and how hard she works (and being of Italian background and thus having some relatives with an Italian accent) I just found it hard to believe she would sound Russian.

I’m really impressed. Her accent sounds the best out of the cast so far.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

She never sounded russian in the first place, people overdid those trailer reactions. And I actually thought the accents overall could go all over the place and hers would be the best one. There’s still a movie to come out tho.

Profile picture
    Page28
    Topics:

Random question: Has there ever been a performance (actress or actor) that has received the almost universal praise that Kristen has and then missed an Oscar nomination? I’m not wanting that to happen to her by the way, just interested if there has been a snub like that before.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Random question: Has there ever been a performance (actress or actor) that has received the almost universal praise that Kristen has and then missed an Oscar nomination? I’m not wanting that to happen to her by the way, just interested if there has been a snub like that before.

Maybe Fassbender for Shame and Jake G for Nightcrawler. Those two got incredible praise.
    Lupita was beloved but genre bias was always going to be a hurdle.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Ethan Hawke, First Reformed
    Jake Gyllenhaal, Nightcrawler
    Kelvin Harrison Jr, Luce
    Adam Sandler, Uncut Gems
    Willem Dafoe, The Lighthouse
    Florence Pugh, Midsommar
    Toni Collette, Hereditary
    Ralph Fiennes, The Grand Budapest Hotel
    Alfre Woodard, Clemency
    Sterling K Brown, Waves
    Lupita Nyong’o, Us
    George Mackay, 1917
    Jennifer Lopez, Hustlers
    Paul Walter Hauser, Richard Jewell
    Awkwafina and Zhao Shuzhen, The Farewell
    any Parasite cast member

I sense that list could have a lot of additions this year

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Well she definitely gave the best performance in that clip.

He really didn’t want to be there

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I guess Amy Adams for Arrival? She got all the other award nominations but not the Oscar nomination. Still baffled by this. Her performance in that movie was my favorite 2016 performance.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Amy Adams ‘Arrival’, she also hit all the precursors including BAFTA, but missed Oscar nomination.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

Is Gaga’s character supposed to be a robot? She looks like one with the way she gestures in the new clip. So OTT it doesn’t feel natural at all.

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

Every time I see Haim listed in predictions over people like Tessa Thompson and Jodie Comer I feel like I’m missing something.

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

Finally watched Passing. Tessa Thompson and Ruth Negga really are amazing, and I hope they both score nominations for Lead and Supporting. That being said, I’m worried that Thompson’s role is a bit too muted for a category that seems to prefer showier roles. But she is phenomenal, definitely one of the highlights of the year.

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

Every time I see Haim listed in predictions over people like Tessa Thompson and Jodie Comer I feel like I’m missing something.

Haim looks fine, but you’re right that Thompson and Comer both look much better than her.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 561 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.