Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 561 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
kallewickans_3
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Do people actually still pretend that Vice was a good or interesting or provocative or artistic, or literally anything of value, kind of movie?

I liked it personally and it overperformed that season. We have to accept that these things are subjective. Just because you didn’t like VICE doesn’t mean it’s necessarily a bad movie.

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

There have been a few sources that have said that Sorkin’s ‘Being the Ricardos’ is amazingly crafted and carefully planned when telling the story between the couple. There is also apparent praise for Kidman mainly and some of the supporting cast for carrying this movie and producing a ‘believeable narrative’. Looking forward to see this movie in cinemas!

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Gaga really is 100% committed. She’s kind of blowing Adam off the screen in that clip. I hope this isn’t indicative of their overall chemistry.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

I liked it personally and it overperformed that season. We have to accept that these things are subjective. Just because you didn’t like VICE doesn’t mean it’s necessarily a bad movie.

But do you really think it holds up as saying anything interesting about our political culture (which almost certainly was its intention???!).

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Gaga really is 100% committed. She’s kind of blowing Adam off the screen in that clip. I hope this isn’t indicative of their overall chemistry.

Adam is a much more sophisticated performer who understands what is asked of his character. Gaga always shoots for the furthest walls for any reaction.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Adam is a much more sophisticated performer who understands what is asked of his character. Gaga always shoots for the furthest walls for any reaction.

She had subtler moments in ASIB, here she is playing an OTT character and is delivering in terms of accent, body language and tone.

FYC:

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

She had subtler moments in ASIB, here she is playing an OTT character and is delivering in terms of accent, body language and tone.

I’d argue the subtler ASIB role is more to the Academy’s taste than overplaying her Italian accent in a role like this in a film movie critics generally agree is tonally stupid.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Literally untrue. She didn’t do that in ASIB at all, her performance was quite subtle. Reggiani is a true over-the-top character in real life; maybe even more over the top than Gaga herself. It’s not a  artistic choice Gaga chose with this part.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I’d argue the subtler ASIB role is more to the Academy’s taste than overplaying her Italian accent in a role like this in a film movie critics generally agree is tonally stupid.

Most critics have responded positively to Gucci and Gaga’s performance. The Academy doesn’t mind scenery chewing roles if done well.

FYC:

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Literally untrue. She didn’t do that in ASIB at all, her performance was quite subtle. Reggiani is a true over-the-top character in real life; maybe even more over the top than Gaga herself. It’s not a artistic choice Gaga chose with this part.

I don’t know why you cut out my quote calling her ASIB role more subtle and to the Academy’s tastes, but that will easily answer whatever quandaries you raise in this post.

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Most critics have responded positively to Gucci and Gaga’s performance. The Academy doesn’t mind scenery chewing roles if done well.

Just wait until real reviews come in.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

We’ve already seen reactions from a bunch of RT approved critics and writers of major publications.

FYC:

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

We’ve already seen reactions from a bunch of RT approved critics and writers of major publications.

Like I said, wait…

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

We were told to wait for the panning with the initial reactions and that didn’t quite turn out how y’all expected lmao.

I don’t know why you cut out my quote calling her ASIB role more subtle and to the Academy’s tastes, but that will easily answer whatever quandaries you raise in this post.

I responded to your comment and it said nothing about Gaga being subtle; you said she was subtle in another comment that came after I posted my response.

You’re under the impression that she’s overplaying her character when she simply isn’t. That is my point.

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

We were told to wait for the panning with the initial reactions and that didn’t quite turn out how y’all expected lmao.

If you’ve ever paid attention to me in the threads like in the Venice Film Festival, you’ll know I was quite judicious in critics reviews. I’m talking about official published Metacritic-level stuff.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 561 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.