Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 28)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 28)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 547 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
BigJay2012
Escapology
  • Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

CMIIW:

Blanchett has the better filmography (or better received Filmography) overall (Kidman has many flops) and Kidman at one point was a tabloid headliner for the whole thing with Tom Cruise.

Regardless, both belong in the same league.

All of this. Blanchett has been more selective than Kidman. But overall they are pretty neck and neck with work with their auteur directors.

But for some reason Blanchett is a bit more regarded. Cate=Meryl Streep…and Nicole=Glenn Close. Two slightly different respect levels

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

Don’t know this guy but he’s chosen an ineligible performance in best actor (Caleb Landry Jones), and is hanging on to Dowd, Isaacs and Jenkins. So, no.

He’s from Australia where Nitram has already been released so I guess maybe he’s unaware that it currently has no US distribution.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

He’s from Australia where Nitram has already been released so I guess maybe he’s unaware that it currently has no US distribution.

There are some rumors of a distributor. It’s just not being announced yet because of how controversial the movie is.

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

All of this. Blanchett has been more selective than Kidman. But overall they pretty neck and neck with work with their auteur directors. But for some reason Blanchett is a bit more regarded. Cate=Meryl Streep…and Nicole=Glenn Close. Two slightly different respect levels

Also, despite her award achievements, Nicole is more of a pop culture star who will constantly be in tabloids due to interest in her personal life much like Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock.

Whereas Cate Blanchett is hardly ever in the tabloids. Most people don’t know anything about her personal life similar to Kate Winslet or Frances McDormand which may help with her overall public perception or reverence.

Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

Jlaw isn’t happening not with that movie there are so many great performances with leading ladies this year that I find it hard to believe anything she does in don’t look up will measure up to Kristen, Gaga, Colman, chastin , Tessa, Halle, comer and the rest. Enough already.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

This person describes Nicole’s reviews as the following

Also, it sets her apart on the trophy campaign trail, which matters more this year than it has in a while with a hyper-competitive award season upon us. Nicole Kidman has officially entered the lists as Being the Ricardos has started screening, and she’s getting a decent-to-good reception to start. (I’m seeing it at the end of the week, ask me about it later.) How will Gaga set herself apart amidst the crowded Best Actress field? By continually bringing Patrizia Reggiani to the red carpet. It worked with Ally Maine, why not try it again

<p style=”text-align: left;”>She’s a critic in Chicago i think. Its interesting bc when you see raves on twitter you tend to think that that’s how it will ultimately land.</p>

Profile picture
    distain
    Topics:

Nicole and berry are industry veterans and widely respected. It’s not big for them to get standing O. It’s a natural respect thing. Nothing to do with the quality of movie. As I said standing O have become a norm in festivals and award shows and this shouldn’t be equated with Oscar chances. Almost all get.

The significance of Kidman’s standing ovation was that she got it when the main cast and director were there, including two fellow Oscar winning actors. Aaron Sorkin is also an Oscar winning screenwriter and a pretty big deal in Hollywood as a filmmaker. Javier Bardem is a big hitter as a leading man and an actor and he is the co-lead. If this was just a festival audience being polite to a star/respected veteran, Bardem would have gotten it also. And probably Sorkin and JK Simmons as well, as major Oscar winning talents.

The crowd only got to their feet for Kidman. That was making a statement. That it’s her movie and her performance that bowled them over the most.

Berry’s standing O could well be what you are talking about (she is the director also)….being simply respectful to an industry veteran. But Kidman’s is clearly far more significant because of who was there with her. Bardem is a star and Oscar winner. Sorkin is a major filmmaker and Oscar winner. JK Simmons is an Oscar winner. All respected industry veterans. And no one stood up for them.Kidman’s standing O meant something more in that context. That there is a lot of love specifically for her performance in that room.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Kidman can get in as long as she stays number 2…. I honestly pity any one winning over Kristen. The Twihards have reactivated big time and are ready to see her win an Oscar. Its gonna be so messy on twitter if she doesn’t get it 😬😬😬 this is like winning an Oscar for a generation of people 😅</p>

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

1. Kristen

2.Olivia

3.Penelope

4. Nicole

5. Tessa/Halle

Those are my rankings until we get a clearer view once we get to National Board of Reviews.

I don’t mind My Queen Nicole winning because her film will appeal more to the general public hello lucille ball.

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

I know Lucille Ball is a beloved industry figure by many, particularly older generations in the US, but I wonder to what degree will that appeal carry Kidman to a win. With the influx of foreign and younger members into the Academy, it might not be as important a factor as people here claim it to be.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Kidman can get in as long as she stays number 2…. I honestly pity any one winning over Kristen. The Twihards have reactivated big time and are ready to see her win an Oscar. Its gonna be so messy on twitter if she doesn’t get it 😬😬😬 this is like winning an Oscar for a generation of people 😅</p>

Who cares if Twitter doesn’t like if Kristen could possibly lose? They will be just fine.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Who cares if Twitter doesn’t like if Kristen could possibly lose? They will be just fine.

I’m not saying the world will end. I said it will get messy 🙄</p>

Profile picture
    Jordan_Pack
    Topics:

Stewart
    Colman
    Cruz
    Gaga
    Battling for 5th spot – Kidman/McDormand/Hudson/Chastain/Haim

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

I’m not saying the world will end. I said it will get messy 🙄</p>

I’m just confused as to why it matters. I’m not on Twitter like that…so I don’t understand the importance.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I’m just confused as to why it matters. I’m not on Twitter like that…so I don’t understand the importance.

never mind then

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 547 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 28)’ is closed to new replies.