Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 28)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 28)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 547 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
BigJay2012
Escapology
  • Profile picture
    The Way of The Wind
    Topics:

Also, despite her award achievements, Nicole is more of a pop culture star who will constantly be in tabloids due to interest in her personal life much like Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock.

Whereas Cate Blanchett is hardly ever in the tabloids. Most people don’t know anything about her personal life similar to Kate Winslet or Frances McDormand which may help with her overall public perception or reverence.

Also Blanchett is a superstar when it comes to theater work. So the combination of being selective with movies and raves in the theatre, Blanchett is regarded as «the actress»

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: The Way of The Wind
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: TAR
    Best Actor: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actress: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actor: Poor Things

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Not that I want it to happen, but imagine after all this discussion Frances McDormand wins again…

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

It’s funny how people in this thread keep saying people are overhyping Nicole and that they should wait, be cautious, stop believing in Twitter reactions or standing ovations because they mean nothing… When the same people overhype and treat other actresses as locks/top 3 with the same or even less enthusiastic reactions.

a

Profile picture
    distain
    Topics:

Also Blanchett is a superstar when it comes to theater work. So the combination of being selective with movies and raves in the theatre, Blanchett is regarded as «the actress»

Kidman does less theatre than Blanchett, but she has been hugely regarded for her theatre work. Two Olivier Award Best Actress nominations and two Evening Standard award wins for her work in The Blue Room and Photograph 51. Even on stage, Kidman’s acclaim is world-class, just less prolific.

Profile picture
    gofyb
    Topics:

You know what’s unexpected? Judging from reactions, it seems like the older audience is liking Spencer more than the younger one. I think that’s because young audience is only familiar with idolized Diana – the image of Diana that’s been created after her death. And it’s so hard for maximalist minds to comprehend this version without rejection.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Not that I want it to happen, but imagine after all this discussion Frances McDormand wins again…

I mean Golderby is terrible at predicting really especially this early. Usually people adjust their predictions after BAFTA. And it ends up looking a bit similar to the Oscars. But that’s it. If you compare what GD has in November versus what’s announced in February, you’ll see a lot of discrepancies.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Licorice Pizza has a 95 on metacritic with various reviews acclaiming Alana. She is SO coming

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Licorice opening up with fantastic Metacritic and Rottentomatoes scores, Haim is highlighted to highly carry the movie. I’m placing her in big time.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Licorice Pizza has a 95 on metacritic with various reviews acclaiming Alana. She is SO coming

God, I feel so good. I’ve had her in since I saw the trailer when many doubted her. Pizza will be among the best films this year and Haim is getting praise. She’s coming for the nom, a win is doubtful but she’s a strong top 3 for at least get her first Oscar nomination in what will be a bright future.

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Trying to decide which one is getting dropped next

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I’m waiting to see with Haim. Because so far even critics who gave her movie 100/100 on their RT reviews haven’t added her yet to their top 5 (like Perri for example who happened to update just yesterday). It’s just too crowded. And I think many acclaimed performances will miss. Acclaim alone is no longer sufficient to get in.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

This category is so packed full of contenders that no matter which 5 get nominated there are going to be multiple snubs…

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Every  expert that updated Best Actress since the first Being the Ricardos reactions came has put Nicole in the top5, also editors are putting her in their lists.

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

So far this is how I’m ranking them in terms of nomination chances:

1. Stewart
    2. Kidman
    3. Gaga
    4. Colman
    5. Cruz
    6. Thompson
    7. Haim
    8. Chastain
    9. Berry
    10. McDormand
    11. Holliday

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

If all three of Gaga, Haim and JHud end up nominated. The producers of the ABC telecast would be fools not to have perform on the night.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 547 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 28)’ is closed to new replies.