Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 28)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 28)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 547 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
BigJay2012
Escapology
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

this is clearly a troll and not a fan

Will wasn’t the only one who received an email like that. Some of the people who didn’t like HoG like Gaga and loved ASIB. Gaga’s fans need to understand that just because someone dislikes a project she’s involved in it doesn’t mean they dislike her.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Will wasn’t the only one who received an email like that. Some of the people who didn’t like HoG like Gaga and loved ASIB. Gaga’s fans need to understand that just because someone dislikes a project she’s involved in it doesn’t mean they dislike her.

Sure some of Gaga fans are toxic agreed. But that email sounds ridiculous on the face of it. Like it’s something you’d write when you want to sink Gaga’s chances not defend her. It’s probably someone other popstar stan or something.

But it’s sad that we rely on these critics who are clearly very gullible to the point of being easily trolled by stans like this.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

They do need to understand that however this is probably a troll trying to make her look bad and a lot of people believed it in the quotes so they achieved their goal.

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

Sure some of Gaga fans are toxic agreed. But that email sounds ridiculous on the face of it. Like it’s something you’d write when you want to sink Gaga’s chances not defend her. It’s probably someone other popstar stan or something. But it’s sad that we rely on these critics who are clearly very gullible to the point of being easily trolled by stans like this.

Clearly he wants to farm engagement. No one reading that can seriously think it comes from an actual Gaga stan. House of Gucci is going to farm both sides of stan twitter for content and clicks.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Clearly he wants to farm engagement. No one reading that can seriously think it comes from an actual Gaga stan. House of Gucci is going to farm both sides of stan twitter for content and clicks.

And it’s incredibly unprofessional. As a critic you should be focused on fairly evaluating the movie, not feeding the trolls. I just hope that someday they’ll become completely irrelevant, which is likely to happen eventually anyway since Oscar ratings are freefalling…

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

And it’s incredibly unprofessional. As a critic you should be focused on fairly evaluating the movie, not feeding the trolls. I just hope that someday they’ll become completely irrelevant, which is likely to happen eventually anyway since Oscar ratings are freefalling…

Eh it worked, so expect it to happen to other critics now with their emails. Music standom is a different beast. Other fanbases will email more critics/publications with “Gagastan123” or “GagaisPrincessofPop”, write something ridiculous, and hope it gets screenshot and posted.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is lock.

1. one of the most buzzed about and respected actress right now. She is like a new Cate Blanchett…respect wise.

2. The film AND her performance got raves…some even saying that this is actually better than her Oscar winning performance.

3. Netflix will push her.

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is lock. 1. one of the most buzzed about and respected actress right now. She is like a new Cate Blanchett…respect wise. 2. The film AND her performance got raves…some even saying that this is actually better than her Oscar winning performance. 3. Netflix will push her.

I agree with whatever you say but Olivia Colman is nowhere near Cate Blanchett. She is good, respected actress but not versatile like Blanchett. And Blanchett is widely popular. Atleast in India, Blanchett is very popular among moviegoers and frankly speaking Olivia Colman is almost unknown. No one knew Olivia has Indian roots. Only after her Oscar win, Indian media started highliting her. And people started recognising. No offence intended.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

The december 31st release for The Lost Daughter already shows Netflix aiming a later breakout and right peak at the season since Oscars are only in the end of march. And alongside that ofc there will be accompanying promo at the time to give its right spotlight (also based on the previous festivals acclaim).

It’s beyond something they will not drop easily. We saw in the recent years how a late BAFTA push can give the right visibility up to the Oscars. And maybe that’s the strategy for it.

So yeah, I wouldn’t like it but Olivia is a very safe bet.

Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

Some of Gaga’s stans are delusional and vile. Just look at the replies and quote tweets to people who didn’t like the movie.

There is a pretty much Zero chance that this is a Gaga stan. I’m not saying she doesn’t have crazy fans but the way the letter is written is so obtuse and fake. People don’t realise what great lengths Gaga haters go to so that she is thrashed. Google Angela Cheung, a Madonna fan that masqueraded/catfished as a journalist and spread false stories that made it to the mainstream media.

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is lock. 1. one of the most buzzed about and respected actress right now. She is like a new Cate Blanchett…respect wise. 2. The film AND her performance got raves…some even saying that this is actually better than her Oscar winning performance. 3. Netflix will push her.

Sorry But Olivia Colman is not even Cate Blanchett Respect wise. Olivia Colman has got 2 nominations and have won 1 Oscar whereas Blanchett has won 2 Oscars and 7 nominations. Also, Blanchett has created numerous of not only successful but historical films; e.g – Bob Dylan Biopic or even Carol (a huge lesbian film that got rave reviews for the first time). I see Colmans respect as more of a Helen Mirren/Emma Thompson but definitely not Cate Blanchett/Meryl Streep level.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Sorry But Olivia Colman is not even Cate Blanchett Respect wise. Olivia Colman has got 2 nominations and have won 1 Oscar whereas Blanchett has won 2 Oscars and 7 nominations. Also, Blanchett has created numerous of not only successful but historical films; e.g – Bob Dylan Biopic or even Carol (a huge lesbian film that got rave reviews for the first time). I see Colmans respect as more of a Helen Mirren/Emma Thompson but definitely not Cate Blanchett/Meryl Streep level.

Helen Mirren is AS respected as Cate Blanchett. Helen Mirren was a theater STAR/legend long before Cate even began her film career. Helen is DAME because her contribution to the craft of acting. She’s definitely not behind Cate in respect. Meryl Streep is quoted as calling Helen an acting God. Helen is in the camp with Judi Dench and Maggie Smith.

Because Colman’s ascent to to stardom has been so rapid because of social media, the internet, and just more opportunities for parts in (tv, film)…that’s why I’d say she’s like Cate….so I’ll reword it. She’s very rapidly becoming as respected as Cate, Kate, and Viola (and Viola doesn’t have as many nominations as Cate Blanchett, but she’s absolutely as respected as well)

Amount of nominations don’t always equal respect to me. Glenn has ZERO Oscars….and is as generally lauded as Cate. Marion Cottilard’s performance and win for La Vie En Rose put her right up there very rapidly with Cate as well, she just isn’t as famous. So it just depends, imo.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Respect is impossible to quantify past a certain point.

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Helen Mirren is AS respected as Cate Blanchett. Helen Mirren was a theater STAR/legend long before Cate even began her film career. Helen is DAME because her contribution to the craft of acting. She’s definitely not behind Cate in respect. Meryl Streep is quoted as calling Helen an acting God. Helen is in the camp with Judi Dench and Maggie Smith. Because Colman’s ascent to to stardom has been so rapid because of social media, the internet, and just more opportunities for parts in (tv, film)…that’s why I’d say she’s like Cate….so I’ll reword it. She’s very rapidly becoming as respected as Cate, Kate, and Viola (and Viola doesn’t have as many nominations as Cate Blanchett, but she’s absolutely as respected as well) Amount of nominations don’t always equal respect to me. Glenn has ZERO Oscars….and is as generally lauded as Cate. Marion Cottilard’s performance and win for La Vie En Rose put her right up there very rapidly with Cate as well, she just isn’t as famous. So it just depends, imo.

While she may appear to rise in fame, her current projects do not reveal that she will continue that much longer.. The only project that would be considered ‘big’ would her in ‘Wonka’ that’s all.. Whereas, Blanchett will be in nearly 10 projects… and you think Colmans fame will reach that?

Blanchett has got multiple projects that have wrapped/soon to be filmed with Oscar winning directors take a look here: https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000949/filmotype/actress?ref_=m_nmfm_1 (Note; Ascension (with Cuaron as director and Gary Oldman as co lead), The Champions (Ben Stiller as co lead and director) are not on there but will be filmed soon also. (But this is just my opinion).

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

While she may appear to rise in fame, her current projects do not reveal that she will continue that much longer.. The only project that would be considered ‘big’ would her in ‘Wonka’ that’s all.. Whereas, Blanchett will be in nearly 10 projects… and you think Colmans fame will reach that?

Blanchett has got multiple projects that have wrapped/soon to be filmed with Oscar winning directors take a look here: https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000949/filmotype/actress?ref_=m_nmfm_1 (Note; Ascension (with Cuaron as director and Gary Oldman as co lead), The Champions (Ben Stiller as co lead and director) are not on there but will be filmed soon also. (But this is just my opinion).

Cate is one of my favorite actresses. So trust me I get it. I’m actually speaking more about her respect among the industry and cinephiles and how’s she’s revered. I mean the amount of awards she’s racked up in the last 3 years is pretty impressive, and there’s a good chance she get an Emmy next year too…and I’m pretty sure she’s getting the Oscar nomination.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 547 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 28)’ is closed to new replies.