Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 29)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 29)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 509 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
M
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

Now that Ricardos has emerged as a likely SAG hit, I don’t think that any of the more campy biopic performances (Chastain, Gaga, Hudson) can really squeeze in.

Why? This is the year of the biopics and biopics are generally favored for nominations.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gifs of my other two FYCs (Thomspon and Stewart) have already been posted so…

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

No way Alana Haim is getting in this year. Its too packed.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Alana Haim is the face of what could be the most acclaimed movie of the year and her performance is being raved by critics… like if you are predicting Benedict Cumberbatch for lead actor why would you not predict Alana Haim for a lead actress nomination? It’s the same logic!!!

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Now that Ricardos has emerged as a likely SAG hit, I don’t think that any of the more campy biopic performances (Chastain, Gaga, Hudson) can really squeeze in.

Is Gucci not a likely SAG hit as well? Gucci is 100% actor-ry. I don’t see SAG passing on the most talked about movie of the year. They’re already aware of who Gaga and the rest of the Gucci cast are. The only thing Ricardos has over Gucci is the fact that Lucy was a showbiz personality. But the most meme-able movie of the season will not be overlooked

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

first time doing gif stanning cause why not.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I just hope Frances McDormand doesn’t get nominated. I’d rather have someone relatively new take her spot. I love it when people get their breakthrough noms. Hoping Tessa Thompson gets nominated

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Jennifer Lawrence appeared in a Vanity Fair video that had her react to the new DLU trailer. I don’t think she’s getting in this year, but as a long-time fan, it’s nice to see her doing press again: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XYWq1SP4r-c

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Alana Haim is the face of what could be the most acclaimed movie of the year and her performance is being raved by critics… like if you are predicting Benedict Cumberbatch for lead actor why would you not predict Alana Haim for a lead actress nomination? It’s the same logic!!!

No it’s not. Benedict is a previous Oscar nominee (and an Emmy winner) while this is Haim’s debut performance. She could definitely be the big revelation of the year but let’s not act like she doesn’t have an uphill road compared to Cumberbatch who already has plenty of Oscar/Emmy/Globes/BAFTAs/SAG nominations under his belt

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

My predictions:

1. 1. Gold Derby’s Best Actress thread
    2. 2.-5. Happy to be invited.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Cumerbatch’s method acting and physical capabilities he exhibits in the movie would have given him a nomination regardless if The Power of the Dog got a 70 on Metacritic or something. He’s a previous Oscar nominee and the British bloc will back him for a nomination.

Haim is a complete newcomer and doesn’t have the traditional baity role. I am inclined to believe only one singer to actress will get in next year and it’ll be Gaga.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

No it’s not. Benedict is a previous Oscar nominee (and an Emmy winner) while this is Haim’s debut performance. She could definitely be the big revelation of the year but let’s not act like she doesn’t have an uphill road compared to Cumberbatch who already has plenty of Oscar/Emmy/Globes/BAFTAs/SAG nominations under his belt

Being a young newcomer is a good thing for actresses. Haim is like the perfect age to be in contention to be nominated for best actress so I do not see what the uphill road is. Can you give me examples of someone like Haim missing with a performance and movie like that?

Also pretty much everyone agrees Haim is the best thing about her movie. With Cumberbatch that is more divided with some people preferring McPhee or Dunst.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Benedict Cumberbatch:

Alana Haim:

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Benedict Cumberbatch:

Alana Haim:

I’m sorry I did not know this was the career achievement award, I thought we were talking about getting nominated for an individual performance.

Also I hope you are predicting Al Pacino ahead of McPhee for similar reasons…

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 29)’ is closed to new replies.