Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Diamond Tier
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Margot Robbie, Canterbury Glass

Confirmed to not be coming out this year and already removed from GoldDerby odds

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Frontrunners

Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos
    Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    Lady Gaga, House of Gucci

Next in line

Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    *Margot Robbie, Canterbury Glass
    Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye

On the brink

Halle Berry, Bruised
    Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    Jennifer Lawrence, Don’t Look Up

Strong possibilities

Amanda Seyfried, A Mouthful of Air
    Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    Penelope Cruz, Madres paralelas

Possibilities

Thomasin McKenzie, Last Night in Soho
    Alicia Vikander, Blue Bayou
    Rachel Zegler, West Side Story
    Martha Plimpton, Mass

Longer shots

Penelope Cruz, Official Competition
    Emilia Jones, Coda
    Tessa Thompson, Passing
    Renate Reinste, The Worst Person in the World
    Claire Foy, Louis Wain*

Theoretical possibilities

Sandra Bullock, Unforgiven
    Naomie Harris, Swan Song
    Caitriona Balfe, Belfast
    Camila Cabello, West Side Story

*unless they go supporting

Canterbury is next year. Dunst is likely going supporting and Camila Cabello for West Side Story?

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

Confirmed to not be coming out this year and already removed from GoldDerby odds

Completely missed this news, I corrected my predictions thank you.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonosia/status/1421877938543333380 The Best Actress race is over.

Poor Penelope Cruz. She only lasted three days in my predictions lol.

But hey at least I’ve gotten better odds on Ms Kidman than I would have before! I agree with you that this might be her ticket to her overdue 2nd Oscar (I don’t see how she misses the nomination unless the film gets Hillbilly Elegy type reviews).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonosia/status/1421877938543333380 The Best Actress race is over.

Ive seen this kind of words spreading before abouf being the ricardos

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

OK I just listened to the relevant bit of the podcast out of interest and what the guy actually says is:

‘we don’t even have a release date yet…my guess is it will be towards the holidays, I’m guessing, I’m thinking, I’m hoping, these holidays, because they wanna be in consideration for awards season’

Not confirmation in the slightest, the actor was literally guessing.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Really early Best Actress Predictions:

• Lady Gaga House of Gucci
    • Cate Blanchett Nightmare Alley
    • Kirsten Dunst The Power of the Dogs
    • Jennifer Hudson Respect
    • Halle Berry Bruised

Note: If Frances McDormand is confirmed to go Lead and not Supporting she will be in my predictions over Halle Berry

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Between critics on Twitter/people with inside information on here saying Being the Ricardos is moved to 2022 and Fefface sharing the excerpt of what Josh Bednarsky actually said regarding its release (thank you by the way!), I think it would be wise to hold off on changing our predictions and predicting Being the Ricardos in any category for the 2022 Oscars, until official confirmation on a release date is given.

FYC -
    • The Power of the Dog - All categories, especially Picture/Director/Adapted Screenplay (Jane Campion), Best Supporting Actress (Kirsten Dunst), Best Supporting Actor (Kodi Smit-McPhee), and Best Cinematography (Ari Wegner)
    • Passing - Best Actress (Tessa Thompson), Best Supporting Actress (Ruth Negga)
    • The Lost Daughter in all categories, especially Picture/Director/Adapted Screenplay (Maggie Gyllenhaal), Best Actress (Olivia Colman), and Best Supporting Actress (Jessie Buckley)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Yeah I dunno about Being the Ricardos being a factor not just because I dislike Sorkin & the casting still seems really unwise to me, but I just don’t know if a film with so little time in post can be as effective. It’s just not a good thing to do, any director knows that, even if Ridley Scott has said publicly that for any good director it should be really fast to make a movie lol

I think part of this might be happening is because they think Nicole Kidman can win this year, maybe because there’s no other super obvious contender?. I’m not sure it will come out though. It’s still filming, since it’s not a straightforward biopic, it needs some time in post. The Trial of the Chicago 7 had almost a year for post, because they wrapped filming in fall 2019 and released Sept 2020. Molly’s Game had a shorter post, wrapping in February and releasing in September (still a good 6-7 months). Reviews were pretty good, but almost every critic had something to say about the runtime and the editing, and despite the many great reviews it was only considered a player for Chastain (unsuccessfully).

Let’s say Being the Ricardos wraps tomorrow, they have 4.5 months at most for post if not less to make a holiday release deadline. So…why is it being rushed? I don’t get it. Does anyone really see this film being a BIG player and not just a vehicle for Kidman (and maybe Bardem and somebody else)?

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Yeah I dunno about Being the Ricardos being a factor not just because I dislike Sorkin & the casting still seems really unwise to me, but I just don’t know if a film with so little time in post can be as effective. It’s just not a good thing to do, any director knows that, even if Ridley Scott has said publicly that for any good director it should be really fast to make a movie lol I think part of this might be happening is because they think Nicole Kidman can win this year, maybe because there’s no other super obvious contender?. I’m not sure it will come out though. It’s still filming, since it’s not a straightforward biopic, it needs some time in post. The Trial of the Chicago 7 had almost a year for post, because they wrapped filming in fall 2019 and released Sept 2020. Molly’s Game had a shorter post, wrapping in February and releasing in September (still a good 6-7 months). Reviews were pretty good, but almost every critic had something to say about the runtime and the editing, and despite the many great reviews it was only considered a player for Chastain (unsuccessfully). Let’s say Being the Ricardos wraps tomorrow, they have 4.5 months at most for post if not less to make a holiday release deadline. So…why is it being rushed? I don’t get it. Does anyone really see this film being a BIG player and not just a vehicle for Kidman (and maybe Bardem and somebody else)?

Read my previous comment – the ‘confirmation’ it’s coming out is an actor who has a small part in it guessing / hoping it’s going to be out this year.

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Let’s say Being the Ricardos wraps tomorrow, they have 4.5 months at most for post if not less to make a holiday release deadline. So…why is it being rushed? I don’t get it. Does anyone really see this film being a BIG player and not just a vehicle for Kidman (and maybe Bardem and somebody else)?

They already wrapped filming at the end of May I think. There was a post on instagram by Jeff Cronenweth’s agency (he is DPing the film) confirming it with a picture on set with Sorkin and other members of the crew so a December release is doable.

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Early August Predictions:

Best Actress:
    1: Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    2: Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    3: Jodie Comer – The Last Duel
    4: Lady Gaga – House of Gucci
    5: Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 filming in April saw it on Nicole Kidman Instagram. I love how confident they are.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I have to admit, I’m not that excited about BTR based on that still. They look nothing like the iconic TV duo.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

They already wrapped filming at the end of May I think. There was a post on instagram by Jeff Cronenweth’s agency (he is DPing the film) confirming it with a picture on set with Sorkin and other members of the crew so a December release is doable.

I can’t find it now but shortly after filming wrapped, someone tweeted a screen shot of a text by producer Lucie Arnez in which she wrote that with all the post production work that still had to be done, she did not believe that Being the Ricardos would be completed until some time in 2022.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.