Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Diamond Tier
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

The campaign for last duel is gonna be a ride because Matt Damon simply cannot stop giving unwanted information to press.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Read my previous comment – the ‘confirmation’ it’s coming out is an actor who has a small part in it guessing / hoping it’s going to be out this year.

Yes, I saw that and I agree, I was kind of commenting generally on this constant back and forth about whether it’s coming out—even if it does, it’s unwise and may not be a factor.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

They already wrapped filming at the end of May I think. There was a post on instagram by Jeff Cronenweth’s agency (he is DPing the film) confirming it with a picture on set with Sorkin and other members of the crew so a December release is doable.

I thinkkkk it might have been a little later than that because I saw something about it having wrapped and then a month or two later I saw something new about it having wrapped and I was like huh??? Lol I dunno. Anyway.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Yeah I dunno about Being the Ricardos being a factor not just because I dislike Sorkin & the casting still seems really unwise to me, but I just don’t know if a film with so little time in post can be as effective. It’s just not a good thing to do, any director knows that, even if Ridley Scott has said publicly that for any good director it should be really fast to make a movie lol I think part of this might be happening is because they think Nicole Kidman can win this year, maybe because there’s no other super obvious contender?. I’m not sure it will come out though. It’s still filming, since it’s not a straightforward biopic, it needs some time in post. The Trial of the Chicago 7 had almost a year for post, because they wrapped filming in fall 2019 and released Sept 2020. Molly’s Game had a shorter post, wrapping in February and releasing in September (still a good 6-7 months). Reviews were pretty good, but almost every critic had something to say about the runtime and the editing, and despite the many great reviews it was only considered a player for Chastain (unsuccessfully). Let’s say Being the Ricardos wraps tomorrow, they have 4.5 months at most for post if not less to make a holiday release deadline. So…why is it being rushed? I don’t get it. Does anyone really see this film being a BIG player and not just a vehicle for Kidman (and maybe Bardem and somebody else)?

have the post for example. it only had approximately 2-3 months in post production and still got bp and ba noms. yes it’s streep and Spielberg but still if they work effectively in short time nothing is impossible

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Frontrunners Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog *Lady Gaga, House of Gucci Next in line Jennifer Hudson, Respect Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth *Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye On the brink Halle Berry, Bruised Kristen Stewart, Spencer Jennifer Lawrence, Don’t Look Up Strong possibilities Amanda Seyfried, A Mouthful of Air Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter Penelope Cruz, Madres paralelas Possibilities Thomasin McKenzie, Last Night in Soho Alicia Vikander, Blue Bayou Rachel Zegler, West Side Story Martha Plimpton, Mass Longer shots Penelope Cruz, Official Competition Emilia Jones, Coda Tessa Thompson, Passing Renate Reinsve, The Worst Person in the World Claire Foy, Louis Wain* Theoretical possibilities Sandra Bullock, Unforgiven Naomie Harris, Swan Song Caitriona Balfe, Belfast *unless they go supporting

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

The campaign for last duel is gonna be a ride because Matt Damon simply cannot stop giving unwanted information to press.

Yuck.

Profile picture
    yabixz
    Topics:

Jodie carrying the film and the press tour.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I think that Kidman is a great actress who sometimes is horribly miscast. Nicole as Lucy is the most baffling casting ever. I hope they don’t do any recreations of the sitcom because unfortunately she can’t move her face as much anymore. I wish Lucy got a movie starring Emma Stone and had a better director attached too.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

THIS. She’s out acting veterans based on that trailer. I am glad Killing Eve is coming to an end, and her movie star career is starting to begin!

If the quality of KE hadn’t dropped, I would have been disappointed it was ending. The first season was so good. But I’m glad she’s moving on. I still think she’s miscast for her role in Kitbag, but more films means more of her on the big screen.

Profile picture
    yabixz
    Topics:

THIS. She’s out acting veterans based on that trailer. I am glad Killing Eve is coming to an end, and her movie star career is starting to begin!

She got her emmy oscar next whether it’s for the last duel or kitbag!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Part 3 already ?! Y’all are on crack.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I think that Kidman is a great actress who sometimes is horribly miscast. Nicole as Lucy is the most baffling casting ever. I hope they don’t do any recreations of the sitcom because unfortunately she can’t move her face as much anymore. I wish Lucy got a movie starring Emma Stone and had a better director attached too.

I’d still like to know why Cate Blanchett left the project. She had been involved in its development for several years before Nicole Kidman’s casting was disclosed; this was after Sorkin wrote the script, but before he was announced as the director.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Out of ingenue candidates, Comer, KStew and McKenzie look the best. Zegler is not happening. No one from that movie is happening.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.