Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Diamond Tier
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I’d still like to know why Cate Blanchett left the project. She had been involved in its development for several years before Nicole Kidman’s casting was disclosed; this was after Sorkin wrote the script, but before he was announced as the director.

Blanchett would have been SO much better in this role, but even shs’s not ideal (she’s a great comedienne, but I just wish the part went to an actual comedienne who also does drama, like Lisa Kudrow. And there’s plenty who are such great impressionists that whether they look like Lucille Ball or not wouldn’t matter). I don’t know the answer to your question, but it went into pre-production after Nightmare Alley wrapped but possibly while Don’t Look Up was still filming. It’s hard to see Blanchett having a big enough role in DLU for there to be a major scheduling conflict but maybe 3 back to back projects was too much, I dunno.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Sadly seems like Decision to Leave won’t be coming out this year, gonna have to wait awhile more for an Asian nominee in the Lead Actress category.

Still celebrating Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

FYC Emmys: The Underground Railroad

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

Ok, I put her in “Possibilities”. I’ve just sort of assumed all along that she’ll end up being campaigned in supporting. If she’s campaigned in lead I don’t see her as a strong contender in an insanely competitive field for a three-hander medieval period piece from a director who also has another, much buzzier horse in the race.

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Out of ingenue candidates, Comer, KStew and McKenzie look the best. Zegler is not happening. No one from that movie is happening.

McKenzie for Soho?

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I have to admit, I’m not that excited about BTR based on that still. They look nothing like the iconic TV duo.

most actors don’t look like the real people they play. Lawrence Fishburne nor Angela Bassett looked like Ike and Tina. and those are brilliant performances. Jessica Lange didn’t look like Joan Crawford either….brilliant performance. and the list goes on and on.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I think that Kidman is a great actress who sometimes is horribly miscast. Nicole as Lucy is the most baffling casting ever. I hope they don’t do any recreations of the sitcom because unfortunately she can’t move her face as much anymore. I wish Lucy got a movie starring Emma Stone and had a better director attached too.

But she’s not playing Lucy. She’s playing Lucille Ball. And apparently there was a huge difference between the two. The film is not a recreation of the I Love Lucy show. Its a drama that centering on serious issues while they are working on a sitcom.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

most actors don’t look like the real people they play. Lawrence Fishburne nor Angela Bassett looked like Ike and Tina. and those are brilliant performances. Jessica Lange didn’t look like Joan Crawford either….brilliant performance. and the list goes on and on.

I’ve seen drag queens conjure up a more credible Lucy. It’s like these two didn’t even try.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I’ve seen drag queens conjure up a more credible Lucy. It’s like these two didn’t even try.

As Lucille’s daughter, Lucie Arnez, explained….this is not a drag act or SNL sketch about Lucy Ricardo. This is a film about LUCILLE BALL, a comedic actress and her husband Desi Arnaz. We will see very little of her dressed up as Lucy Ricardo.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Sadly seems like Decision to Leave won’t be coming out this year, gonna have to wait awhile more for an Asian nominee in the Lead Actress category.

Damn, I was excited for that one too… Love Park Chan-wook

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’ve been strongly considering putting Comer in my top 5 because on paper she has a performance that could win Best Actress and she fits the ingenue type of Best Actress winner where she’s really young (currently 28, turns 29 weeks before the ceremony) and gives a knockout performance that a lot of people have passion for and she’s rising at just the right time (Emma Stone, Brie Larson, Natalie Portman, Marion Cotillard, and Reese Witherspoon are examples that come to mind). But I don’t even have her on and I’m not sure if I should move her up. I have Reinsve for the odds, Stewart is my frontrunner, and Blanchett and McDormand seem safe to me. Chastain is the one I’m the shakiest on, but they can so easily just go for her even if she’s bad in it because she’s caked in so much makeup (*cough* Glenn Close Hillbilly Elegy). So someone convince me to drop Chastain for Comer or to keep Chastain on and drop someone else or to just not put Comer on and wait for Venice

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Cabelo da Shiv
    Topics:

The campaign for last duel is gonna be a ride because Matt Damon simply cannot stop giving unwanted information to press.

What did he say?

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

What did he say?

Damon stopped using the anti gay F word months ago because his daughter told him it was wrong. Emphasis on months ago.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Out of ingenue candidates, Comer, KStew and McKenzie look the best. Zegler is not happening. No one from that movie is happening.

Ariana Debose has a real shot from West Side Story, though. We have yet to see how Zegler acts, and since she was cast in a Stephen Spielberg movie I wouldn’t necessarily count her out and the Academy love Musicals. Most importantly, moving Canterbury Glass to next year could signal that 20th Century is ready to put WSS as their main push. However, as far as the actress goes (either lead or supporting) I think Jodie Comer will be the main priority in acting fields for 20th Century over either Zegler or Debose, depends on where she will be placed

McKenzie is severely underestimated here (and understandably so) She’s in a apparently-weird-inaccessible psycho horror-thriller movie and alongside Anya Taylor Joy who seemed to have showier performance than her. Yet we have to consider that she’s playing an obsessed artist here (but her obsession ain’t about her craft apparently) and the Academy LOVES to awards obsessed character who goes through fucked up situation. Natalie Portman was playing an Obsessed artist in Psycho-Thriller/Horror movie and she won the Oscars for it. I have her in my Top 10 and I’m predicting the possibility of category fraud for her a la Lakeith Stanfield for Judas.

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.