Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Diamond Tier
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Day already made it the GOAT. 😉

Haha. She was indeed great but I guess part of my harshness towards her is little to her fault and more towards Lee Daniels’. She was excellent but she would have been absolutely phenomenal if a more competent actors director like King or DuVernay were in charge.

Still a great lineup though and definitely far greater than that mess the previous year (Nyongo, Awkwafina and Buckley were robbed).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I wouldn’t call it bad blood. Diemend and I been saying Stewart can’t act since part 1. It’s not about being a detractor, just a personal opinion.

I’ll be the first to come back and she did a good job if it’s actually good. I’m looking forward to the trailer.

As someone whose logged in over 4,600 films on Letterboxd, not only is my opinion on Stewart’s acting personal but also informed. I’ve seen the majority of her work & frankly her acting isn’t great.

But as Mr. Pink stated so eloquently, if Spencer turns out better than I expect, I’ll give her props. But as of right now, I hold my reservations the same way many of you do House of Gucci, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Respect, etc.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s a bit disappointing if Spencer does indeed not have any big juicy supporting roles. Sally Hawkins has been robbed so many times for performances that were stronger than the inevitable winner in her category (her nomination snub for Happy Go-Lucky was ridiculous).

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I guess part of my harshness towards her is little to her fault and more towards Lee Daniels’.

No shade, but is it also because users were predicting her to win the Oscar after beating Mulligan at GG? Your posts tend to be a lot harsher on Day than Daniels which contradicts this whole statement. Again, no shade.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Whew we really can’t be saying Stewart is on the same level of Portman.

That is just pure comedy to try and compare the two.

This is why I struggle with some users & their “inside” knowledge. Especially if they’ve outed themselves as stans of a specific actress. It’s not credible. Once he said Stewart was favored over Portman, I knew what was up.

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Haha. She was indeed great but I guess part of my harshness towards her is little to her fault and more towards Lee Daniels’. She was excellent but she would have been absolutely phenomenal if a more competent actors director like King or DuVernay were in charge. Still a great lineup though and definitely far greater than that mess the previous year (Nyongo, Awkwafina and Buckley were robbed).

Saying King is a competent director after ONE film is a reach. And DuVernay’s last relevant film was Selma (I will NOT talk about A Wrinkle in Time). And still, Selma was generic and boring as fuck.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

I can prove my “insider tea”. The roles of Sally Hawkins, Sean Harris, Timothy Spall have not been publicly announced anywhere (you can check) and I can confirm they are all playing people who work for the royal family. Sean Harris is a cook/chef to be specific.

You all see I’m right when a trailer comes out or official info on their characters.

But I know some here are desperate not to believe Stewart got amazing feedback lol

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

But I know some here are desperate not to believe Stewart got amazing feedback lol

Coming from you, a hardcore Stewart defender/stan, it’s not credible. Adding the Portman comparison made the statements even more sketchy. That’s all.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

Coming from you, a hardcore Stewart defender/stan, it’s not credible. Adding the Portman comparison made the statements even more sketchy. That’s all.

Well I just revealead unannounced info on characters. You’ll see it’s right eventually. Not that I care if you believe me or not though.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Not that I care if you believe me or not though.

If you’re going to dish dirt despite your bias & lack of credibility then you should care, right?

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

This is going nowhere. I said what I said, time will prove me right and that’s all. Bye.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I don’t get all this “insider questioning”. What does someone who has been on the site for more than 2 years have to gain from spreading some false information that will be disproven when the movie is out? I don’t think anyone here is looking to be worshipped as some insider lmao This forum really isn’t big enough for that.

And how unbelievable is it really for ONE person to say he preferred Stewart’s performance to Portman’s with recency bias + again it’s ONE person it doesn’t mean a single thing. It doesn’t influence the real race and it doesn’t influence people’s predictions either. There’s no damage in it all so if you don’t believe it you don’t have to tell us every single time.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t get all this “insider questioning”. What does someone who has been on the site for more than 2 years have to gain from spreading some false information that will be disproven when the movie is out? I don’t think anyone here is looking to be worshipped as some insider lmao This forum really isn’t big enough for that. And how unbelievable is it really for ONE person to say he preferred Stewart’s performance to Portman’s with recency bias + again it’s ONE person it doesn’t mean a single thing. It doesn’t influence the real race and it doesn’t influence people’s predictions either. There’s no damage in it all so if you don’t believe it you don’t have to tell us every single time.

Thank you.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I don’t get all this “insider questioning”.

Literally anyone can jump on the Internet behind an anonymous account & try to persuade strangers into believing “information” that may or may not be true. Not questioning these “insiders” is worse because it implies most people here are naive or not logical enough to inquire the motives behind an obviously biased individual. If you want to believe everything you read online, then fine. That’s you. But it also makes you, Ryusei, look gullible & less than smart.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.