Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Diamond Tier
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

I’ve had extreme doubts about Spencer ever since it was announced, specifically over Knight being the screenwriter and tbh thought Kristen was miscast. But if this is indeed anything like Jackie like people are saying then I will probably end up stanning it, and Kristen will probably win in this field (though BAFTA is still up in the air of course since they’re royal stans).

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Unfortunately we probably won’t have another Black actress winner for another 20 years. The gatekeepers only see WOC as worthy supporting players & not lead.

Naw, they will finally give Viola Davis a Best Actress win at some point within the next 5 or so years.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

People win on their first nomination all the time. It’s more common than you’d think. Stewart’s bigger problem will be the accessibility of her movie.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Okay, even if Kristen is good like people are saying, do we really believe she would win on her first nomination? Playing a person that has been portrayed nearly 15 times between film and television? I’m not hating, I just don’t see it.

She would have to be better than Hudson, Blanchett(possibly supporting) McDormand, Comer, Chastain, and hell even Gaga.
    I just cannot see it.

Agreed. If she’s good, I think she’s fighting for the nom alone. After The Crown, I think she will have to be undeniable in order to win on her first nomination.

If someone like say Chastain is equally as good in a transformative biopic, the Oscar will probably go to Jessica since she’s more due/respected in the industry.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Naw, they will finally give Viola Davis a Best Actress win at some point within the next 5 or so years.

And if she gets the right role, I believe Lupita will win a Best Actress Oscar within the next decade. Maybe others also, but I’m fairly confident about these two.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Parallel Mothers going to nyff as closing movie. But not going to Telluride or tiff. I wonder if it is a serious contender or not. Or at least Penelope Cruz can get in.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I genuinely hope so. Lupita is another plausible candidate. As is Cynthia Erivo or Regina King. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if Zendaya, the quintessential “it” girl, pulls off a win too.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

When all of Viola, Lupita and Regina deservedly win Oscars this decade. Viola and Lupita should already have lead Oscars, but OK.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I’m so happy KStew’s time is coming. She deserved her first nomination for Personal Shopper. I’d also love to see Sally Hawkins coattail, if she’s given a half-decent role it’s possible, especially as she was recently ignored for a great performance in Eternal Beauty, I’m excited to see how Pablo Larraín will work with her sensibilities.

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Noomi Rapace Lamb (Actress)
    Kristen Stewart, Sally Hawkins, Timothy Spall Spencer (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Penelope Cruz, Israel Elejalde, Milena Smit, Julieta Serrano, Rossy de Palma Madres Paralelas (Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren The Duke (Actor/Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

I believe your tea. You don’t claim to have seen the movie but that you spoke to those who did and they loved the performance. It’s their opinion. What are people here trying to say, that you made that up cause you stan KStew? BS. This is too detailed to be bogus. KStew is coming.

The funny thing is that I am not even a “stan”. I’ve been labelled as such just because I’ve been predicting her and I think she’s a capable actress lol. Apparently you can’t predict and defend your prediction, not even the actress, just the prediction, without being a stan.

And no, I am not an insider. I just happen to know some people who often go to screenings.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

I’m so happy KStew’s time is coming. She deserved her first nomination for Personal Shopper. I’d also love to see Sally Hawkins coattail, if she’s given a half-decent role it’s possible, especially as she was recently ignored for a great performance in Eternal Beauty, I’m excited to see how Pablo Larraín will work with her sensibilities.

From all the reactions, it seems just like Jackie, it’s just a one woman show and Hawkins won’t happen.

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

So happy about the early reactions for Kristen, she looks quite good for the nomination at least. It looks that the movie won’t be so academy friendly so it won’t be an across the board contender (in the same vein as Jackie) but honestly that just makes me more excited.

In Larrain we trust

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’m so happy KStew’s time is coming. She deserved her first nomination for Personal Shopper. I’d also love to see Sally Hawkins coattail, if she’s given a half-decent role it’s possible, especially as she was recently ignored for a great performance in Eternal Beauty, I’m excited to see how Pablo Larraín will work with her sensibilities.

I would love it if Hawkins got a nomination (her only having two nominations is a tragedy), but this doesn’t seem like a viable option for her. We don’t even know exactly who she’s playing (we know she’s a staffer, but not what she actually does).

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

But I also wouldn’t be surprised if Zendaya, the quintessential “it” girl, pulls off a win too.

I don’t know what her future performances will be like, but being an “it” girl doesn’t preclude someone like Zendaya from becoming a great actress. Diana Rigg was the “it” girl of 1965 after appearing in The Avengers, and Vanessa Redgrave was the “it” girl of 1966 after appearing in Morgan and Blowup, and they both went on to become two of the all-time greats. (Of course, maybe it helped that they attended RADA and became members of the RSC.)

At the risk of incurring more of your scorn, I’ll add that someone who didn’t attend acting school, Carey Mulligan, was considered by many to be the “it” girl of 2009, and a lot of people think she went on to become a pretty fair actress.

While I was unimpressed by her performance in Malcolm & Marie, and thought a nomination for that role would have been completely unwarranted, unlike most who become pop cultural phenomenons, Zendaya might grow into a great actress— I thought she was very good in Euphoria.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.