Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Diamond Tier
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Not a biopic win pleaaaase

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Seems like Kstewart nom is certain. At least 2 reliable insiders on twitter have claimed she is fantastic and voice work is amazing in now deleted tweets.

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Well, Hawkins has “The Phantom of the Open” so that buzz could help her (at least with the british block). Sony Pictures Classics acquired it last week (don´t know if they are going to release it this season tho)

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Well, Hawkins has “The Phantom of the Open” so that buzz could help her (at least with the british block). Sony Pictures Classics acquired it last week (don´t know if they are going to release it this season tho)

IMDb seems to think it’s this year, but I don’t think this one will get her there either. Idk, it seems a little too slight to me

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not a biopic win pleaaaase

It’s such a shame that wins like Olivia Colman’s are a rarity nowadays rather than the norm. It was such an inspiring moment considering how this category either goes to overdue vets or performers in pieces of hagiography.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not all of you theorising over which of Lupita, Regina and Viola will become the second black best actress winner when my girl Michaela will beat (or shall I say destroy) them all 😉

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

It’s such a shame that wins like Olivia Colman’s are a rarity nowadays rather than the norm. It was such an inspiring moment considering how this category either goes to overdue vets or performers in pieces of hagiography.

That’s why I love Cannes. Bold choices every year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That’s why I love Cannes. Bold choices every year.

If only the same could be said of Venice. Sigh.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Not all of you theorising over which of Lupita, Regina and Viola will become the second black best actress winner when my girl Michaela will beat (or shall I say destroy) them all 😉

Just got around to I May Destroy You and I fully support this

FYC

Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

I was just thinking the other day about how if they had just given it to Chastain for Zero Dark Thirty then Lawrence almost definitely would’ve won American Hustle the next year, and Lupita still probably wouldn’t have won for it, but probably would’ve gotten the nomination for Us and would have a great overdue campaign for a Best Actress win (which i do still think she can get one day)

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

This category has become actually not so prone to those type of wins in the last decade (unlike Best Actor). The only wins we’ve had of that type are Meryl’s, Renée’s and Julianne’s really, while we’ve had some great winners like Frances x2, Blanchett, Portman and Stone.

Last year’s winners and the late ceremony give me hope they will select a good set of winners

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

According to industry insiders, Netflix was “absolutely horrified” by the sexually graphic final cut of BLONDE submitted by director Andrew Dominik. They want a new version, Dominik doesn’t — explains the delayed release of the film. I don’t know how legit  this tweet is.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Interestingly, three of the four acting categories last year went my way. The only one that didn’t was, well Actress. There’s probably never been a year where all four went my way and there is one where none of them went my way (2019 with Joaquin, Renee, Brad, and Laura). There’s only been a couple times I can think of off the top of my head where both of the actress categories went my way (Cate and Lupita, Olivia and Regina). The actress categories like to fuck me over a lot lol

FYC

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

According to industry insiders, Netflix was “absolutely horrified” by the sexually graphic final cut of BLONDE submitted by director Andrew Dominik. They want a new version, Dominik doesn’t — explains the delayed release of the film. I don’t know how legit this tweet is.

This article from World of Reel explains it in more detail, and some of the things that are allegedly in the film… yikes

FYC

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.