Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Music Forever
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

Netflix is just gonna dump it

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Blonde was never going to be a best actress play.

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Not all of you theorising over which of Lupita, Regina and Viola will become the second black best actress winner when my girl Michaela will beat (or shall I say destroy) them all 😉

It shouldn’t be a competition but ok.

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

I don’t know what her future performances will be like, but being an “it” girl doesn’t preclude someone like Zendaya from becoming a great actress. Diana Rigg was the “it” girl of 1965 after appearing in The Avengers, and Vanessa Redgrave was the “it” girl of 1966 after appearing in Morgan and Blowup, and they both went on to become two of the all-time greats. (Of course, maybe it helped that they attended RADA and became members of the RSC.)

At the risk of incurring more of your scorn, I’ll add that someone who didn’t attend acting school, Carey Mulligan, was considered by many to be the “it” girl of 2009, and a lot of people think she went on to become a pretty fair actress.

While I was unimpressed by her performance in Malcolm & Marie, and thought a nomination for that role would have been completely unwarranted, unlike most who become pop cultural phenomenons, Zendaya might grow into a great actress— I thought she was very good in Euphoria.

Lol thanks for your TED talk.

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Just got around to I May Destroy You and I fully support this

I May Destroy You is everything PYW thought it was doing.

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

The funny thing is that I am not even a “stan”. I’ve been labelled as such just because I’ve been predicting her and I think she’s a capable actress lol.

Yet it’s easy for you to call someone a “hater” or “detractor” based on an assumption that they’ve only seen her in the Twilight series. See how hypocritical that is?

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

Literally anyone can jump on the Internet behind an anonymous account & try to persuade strangers into believing “information” that may or may not be true.

But a dozen of people logged it on letterboxd after the screening with promising scores or reviews .. just admit you let your personal opinion on kristen cloud your judgement on the film and go

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I May Destroy You is everything PYW thought it was doing.

I was under the impression that we were moving on from this conversation

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

But a dozen of people logged it on letterboxd after the screening with promising scores or reviews .. just admit you let your personal opinion on kristen cloud your judgement on the film and go

There’s a ton of frivolous Letterboxd reviews written before some films are released. Just admit that you have no common sense & believe everything you read on the Internet.

Remember when Zendaya was the supposed frontrunner for Malcom & Marie based on “insider” info? Oh ok.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Halle is coming!

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Eeeeeeeeee I know it’s not a lot to go on but I’m SO EXCITED for Kristen Stewart. I’m genuinely really happy to hear the test reactions. Test reactions are generally pretty good indicators, but I also think…well critics and cinephiles make up the majority of people who attend (most) screenings, and they’re definitely predisposed to weirder material. Like those who thought JLaw was fantastic in mother! (plenty of people think that and that’s great, but it wasn’t ultimately an indicator of success). That’s the pinch of salt one should take test reactions with but regardless: it’s enough to make me very, very excited!

FYI—the omnipresence of quote posts of Diamond Tier are really grating. Ignore em. Let’s avoid the whole pages of unnecessary arguments. Unlike most people they clearly stan hard and hate hard and don’t understand that that’s actually totally normal when calling everyone else delusional stans over and over and over again. As if they’re not. I’m sure I’ll get a childish sick burn comment to this about how I should write more about the TPOTD book (not very imaginative, that one! And why do you bother? I’m not gonna see it!) but lol just don’t engage, esp re: Kristen Stewart. It’s very hard to engage with people who seem to think they’re more objective than everyone else, it’s not the fun kind of arguing 🙂

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Blonde was never going to be a best actress play.

Yeah, Blonde will not be a thing next year, it’ll most likely be dumped. Whatever it is it’s definitely not Ana de Armas’ ticket. Fighting over cuts and pushing off till next year (again!) is the sort of stuff that makes The Woman in the Window. I can’t even remember the last film which bounced around like that for years and was actually good.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Eeeeeeeeee I know it’s not a lot to go on but I’m SO EXCITED for Kristen Stewart. I’m genuinely really happy to hear the test reactions. Test reactions are generally pretty good indicators, but I also think…well critics and cinephiles make up the majority of people who attend (most) screenings, and they’re definitely predisposed to weirder material. Like those who thought JLaw was fantastic in mother! (plenty of people think that and that’s great, but it wasn’t ultimately an indicator of success). That’s the pinch of salt one should take test reactions with but regardless: it’s enough to make me very, very excited!

FYI—the omnipresence of quote posts of Diamond Tier are really grating. Ignore em. Let’s avoid the whole pages of unnecessary arguments. Unlike most people they clearly stan hard and hate hard and don’t understand that that’s actually totally normal when calling everyone else delusional stans over and over and over again. As if they’re not. I’m sure I’ll get a childish sick burn comment to this about how I should write more about the TPOTD book (not very imaginative, that one!) but lol just don’t engage, esp not over Kristen Stewart. It’s very hard to engage with people who seem to think they’re more objective than everyone else, it’s not the fun kind of arguing 🙂

You have too much time on your hands to write posts this long lol 😂

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

is this GIF in 360? It barely loads on my end. #dialup

Lol 😂

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.