Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Diamond Tier
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Jesus save us… modernity has failed us…

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

It’s getting obvious some accounts is run by the same one person.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

keep writing your novels Kaziz, and keep campaigning for people to put us on ignore.

God bless his Kirsten Dunst lovin’ heart. I don’t take what he says seriously enough to care.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Yeah, Blonde will not be a thing next year, it’ll most likely be dumped. Whatever it is it’s definitely not Ana de Armas’ ticket. Fighting over cuts and pushing off till next year (again!) is the sort of stuff that makes The Woman in the Window. I can’t even remember the last film which bounced around like that for years and was actually good.

To be fair this is sort of different. I don’t get the impression that Blonde is being shafted because it’s bad necessarily, more because it just has no chance of getting in at the Oscars because it’s NC-17. It could end up being bad if Netflix butcher it for an R rating, but nothing so far suggests Dominik’s film is bad, just too explicit, and De Armas could still give a great performance even if it isn’t Oscar-friendly.

If the current cut gets released I could easily see a cult following forming pretty quickly around a graphic NC-17 Hollywood biopic, and I think Netflix would be much smarter doing that than butchering it in the edit, seriously jeopardising their ‘we support auteurs fully’ stance and still not releasing it in time for awards anyway. They have enough films for this year’s slate anyway, and possible Actress contenders with Lawrence, Dunst and Berry. Best to just cut their awards losses on it and release it imo.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

It’s getting obvious some accounts is run by the same one person.

*are

And if you’re subliminally referring to me, no, I do NOT have multiple accounts. Maybe you should inquire whether some of your fellow PYW stans do though…. There are a lot of wolves in sheep’s clothing if you catch my drift 😉

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

ah yes people are the same user argument just because 2 people think Kaziz is a Buffon

Mind you, neither one of us agree on Lady Gaga. I’m a fan & you apparently aren’t. Yet we’re the same person? Make it make sense.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

To be fair this is sort of different. I don’t get the impression that Blonde is being shafted because it’s bad necessarily, more because it just has no chance of getting in at the Oscars because it’s NC-17. It could end up being bad if Netflix butcher it for an R rating, but nothing so far suggests Dominik’s film is bad, just too explicit, and De Armas could still give a great performance even if it isn’t Oscar-friendly.

If the current cut gets released I could easily see a cult following forming pretty quickly around a graphic NC-17 Hollywood biopic, and I think Netflix would be much smarter doing that than butchering it in the edit, seriously jeopardising their ‘we support auteurs fully’ stance and still not releasing it in time for awards anyway. They have enough films for this year’s slate anyway, and possible Actress contenders with Lawrence, Dunst and Berry. Best to just cut their awards losses on it and release it imo.

Yeah you’re right. Sorry I didn’t mean “good/bad”, I mean “Oscar material” and obviously those are nowhere near synonymous.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

you just mad because you got schooled in your argument that “actresses who play anti-hero’s, bold performances, don’t win Oscars” did your insiders see the butt whooping you took last night?

WOW SICK BURN BRO

The post I made was in response to this server being plagued by stan wars and the constant dragging of users and the people they’re fans of simply because they don’t like who that person is rooting for. I don’t drag people for thinking McDormand, Davis, Day, and/or Kirby were better than Mulligan last year nor do I drag someone for thinking less of PYW than I do. I don’t come here to participate in stan wars, I come here to see what people’s thoughts on the upcoming Oscar race are and to see if there’s any hope for my preferred candidate. I can’t say I expected anything less considering the shitshow that was last year, but this is still headache inducing nonetheless.

FYC

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Bruh you got served and you know it. Stop your BS. You come here to reduce what people are thinking if it doesn’t line up with your predictions. You are hands down the nastiest user on here. Who you think you’re fooling?

You clearly weren’t around last season to see Victor Cruz call Viola “Grillz” in every post he made about her. You weren’t around to see the racist attacks made against Viola and Andra last year. You weren’t around to see the racist attacks made against Wunmi Musaku when she got the BAFTA nom over Carey. If you think I’m the nastiest user on here “hands down”, you have not seen the worst of it.

FYC

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I don’t drag people for thinking McDormand, Davis, Day, and/or Kirby were better than Mulligan last year nor do I drag someone for thinking less of PYW than I do.

lol I keep seeing post after post after post from the same 2 users so I’m assuming there’s a barrage but yep. Plus, I take it I was more on their (singular or plural whatever) side (I think?) in that I don’t care for Mulligan & PYW as much as you do. But I imagine explaining and responding directly matters. All of *waves at above* is just straight-up bullying, fuck that.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.