Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Music Forever
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Hey insiders, any news on Blanchett in Nightmare Alley? Is she definitely going Lead?

According to AwardsWorthy and other sources, that’s the plan on Searchlight’s part.

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I agree, the surprise BAFTA nom was a delight

Shame Aldis Hodge didn’t manage to garner much recognition for his work in Clemency either.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Aldis Hodge & Danielle Brooks were phenomenal supporting players in Clemency. Wow, NEON really fumbled the bag. Maybe if they waited until 2020, it might’ve performed better as a HULU streaming exclusive.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

So…. MGM will have two lead contenders to push this year isnt it??

Wonder if that kind of situation will undermine either Gaga or JHud chances since they are not Searchlight nor Focus Features.

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Kafka_Gyllenhaal
    Topics:

Shame Aldis Hodge didn’t manage to garner much recognition for his work in Clemency either.

Nor for One Night in Miami. He’s really such an underrated actor.

FYC: Minari for Everything

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

So…. MGM will have two lead contenders to push this year isnt it??

Wonder if that kind of situation will undermine either Gaga or JHud chances since they are not Searchlight nor Focus Features.

Exactly!
    Beyond critical reception, narrative (which ultimately doesnt matter), what will define for these two is which one is prioritized. And if MGM is even able to do a proper campaign.
    Considering they were pratically broke, it’s not too positive. Sad for me as a Gaga stan.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I May Destroy You is everything PYW thought it was doing.

PYW got so many cute white woman passes it’s not even funny. Solid film but incredibly toothless. That subject manner called for a bolder take.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson wearing a T-shirt of Aretha Franklin at a screening in Atlanta: https://www.justjared.com/2021/08/03/jennifer-hudson-wears-aretha-franklin-shirt-to-respect-screening-in-atlanta/  She’s been doing so many interviews and attending screenings all over the US. Will the other Best Actress contenders do the same as she has when the time comes to promote their own films? The situation might be hard for those based in the UK because of the Delta variant (anyone from the UK will have to quarantine for 5 days if they’re going to the Venice film festival. I don’t know what the rules are for TIFF and Telluride).

Profile picture
    lanadelol
    Topics:

JHud is campaigning hard as hell and MGM is fully behind her. She’s been in Detroit (Aretha’s hometown) doing press all week and hanging out with the Franklin family. They’re putting in the work, so hopefully her performance is worthy and it all pays off

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

So…. MGM will have two lead contenders to push this year isnt it?? Wonder if that kind of situation will undermine either Gaga or JHud chances since they are not Searchlight nor Focus Features.

Why would it? Focus rarely occupy many spots, they usually focus on 1 contender  (see 2019 Blackkklansman and 2020 PYW), 2017 remains their best year as they managed 3 BP nominations). Also, Focus and Searchlight aren’t the only studios to get people nominated for Oscars? Gaga and Jhud will be fine.

Profile picture
    samy.chrr
    Topics:

Don’t know if it’s already been posted here, but a teaser of Being the Ricardos should release soon. Nicole is coming
    https://twitter.com/jackson_vickery/status/1422539657506693122?s=21

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Exactly! Beyond critical reception, narrative (which ultimately doesnt matter), what will define for these two is which one is prioritized. And if MGM is even able to do a proper campaign. Considering they were pratically broke, it’s not too positive. Sad for me as a Gaga stan.

HoG has a stacked cast and A-list director, but Hudson is portraying a beloved legend. The Academy loves biopics as well, and Hudson is already campaigning hard despite the film not being out yet. I wonder if they could both get nominated or only one gets nominated for BA. I know Scott works quickly, but HoG only wrapped this May. Could the rush to get it ready by November hurt it?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Let’s get real: Camila Cabello is obviously winning Best Actress this year and she’s coming to give the best Best Actress performance of all time. You all can retire your predictions now because this race is over.

Thank you.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I can’t wait to see what nicknames Thatcher comes up with this season! Vampire Princess? Hammy Jessica?

Cheap Madonna sent me hard lmfao.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Let’s get real: Camila Cabello is obviously winning Best Actress this year and she’s coming to give the best Best Actress performance of all time. You all can retire your predictions now because this race is over.

Wbk. She’s coming to continuing the trend of the double acting and song nominees.

Better luck next time JHud.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.