Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Diamond Tier
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I can’t wait to see what nicknames Thatcher comes up with this season! Vampire Princess? Hammy Jessica? Cheap Madonna sent me hard lmfao.

Lol, I loved reading her comments during the 2020 season (“Shouty Dern”).

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Don’t know if it’s already been posted here, but a teaser of Being the Ricardos should release soon. Nicole is coming https://twitter.com/jackson_vickery/status/1422539657506693122?s=21

I still don’t know if it’s officially coming out this year as I was initially told it would be next year, but it’s looking likely that it will. Assuming it does, Kidman might win again. I know everyone thinks the casting is weird, I’m put off by it myself, but this is an extraordinarily baitty role and Nicole is loved in the industry (as she should be, but regardless). If this movie gets around the same reviews as Chicago 7 and Amazon pushes her (they don’t have another viable Actress contender at the moment), she can easily win.

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I can’t wait to see what nicknames Thatcher comes up with this season! Vampire Princess? Hammy Jessica? Cheap Madonna sent me hard lmfao.

Demented Hopkins was easily the best last year

FYC

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

She had some really good ones for Banderas.

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

I’m getting scared for McDorman. With Ricardo’s potentially coming out and Macbeth weakening she is very vulnerable to missing. I may just take her out very soon.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I loved “Avenger Mulligan”, “Pregnant Kirby” and “Screenwriter” as well lol.

She had some really good ones for Banderas.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If Kidman does indeed come this year I could see her replace Frances as the veteran actress choice if Macbeth is truly that bizarre as people claim. Bur never ever bet against Frances as we’ve learned.

Though I am not comfortable replacing Dunst or Comer with Kidman. Hudson and Gaga are locks in my eyes.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

If Kidman does indeed come this year I could see her replace Frances as the veteran actress choice if Macbeth is truly that bizarre as people claim. Bur never ever bet against Frances as we’ve learned. Though I am not comfortable replacing Dunst or Comer with Kidman. Hudson and Gaga are locks in my eyes.

In order to fit Kidman in while keeping Reinsve for odds, I’d have to drop Franny so like I feel you

FYC

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

In order to fit Kidman in while keeping Reinsve for odds, I’d have to drop Franny so like I feel you

Very possible Frances just goes supporting to save us the headache of who to replace her with.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Yeah Kidman was a lock for Grace of Monaco as well…I’ll believe the Kidman as Lucy hype when I see it.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

Very possible Frances just goes supporting to save us the headache of who to replace her with.

Very possible Macbeth is a complete non-contender.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah Kidman was a lock for Grace of Monaco as well…I’ll believe the Kidman as Lucy hype when I see it.

No one on here is saying Kidman is a lock but Grace of Monaco wasn’t written by Aaron Sorkin and Kidman didn’t have as much goodwill then as she does now after projects like The Beguiled, Big Little Lies, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, Lion etc.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Unless its flops that BAD (below 60% on RT) then I dont see how McDormand missing

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

With Blonde being a non factor this year I am 90% sure Dunst is a lock for a nomination and will be Netflix’s biggest push in actress helped by her film’s strong Best Picture and festival presence. Admittedly it is frustrating that we still do not know her current category placement but I think she has a great chance in getting a nomination for lead.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Nicole’s biographical roles are hit or miss. She was phenomenal as Virginia Woolf in The Hours but also miscast as Gretchen Carlson, Gertrude Bell, Aline Bernstein, & Grace Kelly. Lucille Ball might be another blunder even with Sorkin at the helm.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.