Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Music Forever
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I am hoping Halle can pull thru.

20 years exactly after her win. Plus she’ll be the to direct herself to a nomination (I think) and the first actress to get nominated for playing a MMA fighter.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

I think Gaga and Hudson are in.
    Dunst too unless she is moved to supporting.
    Rooting for KStew but someone who has heard insider buzz about the movie gave a very ominous response on being asked about its quality so idk.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I hope Netflix prioritizes Passing and Bruised  for campaigning.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Ruth Negga gave a very subtle performance in Loving yet managed to break through a competitive Best Actress line up. The Oscars don’t always go for boisterous or showy roles.

Emma Stone, La La Land
    Isabelle Huppert, Elle
    Ruth Negga, Loving
    Natalie Portman, Jackie
    Meryl Streep, Florence Foster Jenkins

that’s not a competitive lineup tbh, we all knew emma was going to sweep
    yeah amy adams was in two films but since when academy is fair to her or to annette bening

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

These two as well (in supporting)…

Please don’t get me started to talk about that oscar winning lawyer with her jesus monologue.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I also just have a feeling she’ll be better than we expect her to be. It’s been a while since Dreamgirls, she’s gotten to practice acting quite a bit since then, so she’ll be giving it her all (and in the clip, I liked how restrained she was! Not over the top at all).

Yes it has been a while since Dreamgirls, but how many projects has she been good in in the interim?

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

This category is difficult, there’s a lot of people I wanna put in my 5 but just can’t.

I suggest going ahead and grabbing Renate Reinsve for The Worst Person in the World. Her odds are blowing the fuck up right now and she could get in if Neon runs a big campaign (depends on how Spencer goes of course). Her performance got raves at Cannes and it’s being called one of the best performances of the year. Also her being in what is potentially the frontrunner for International Feature will help her greatly, especially if Hand of God and Parallel Mothers don’t live up to the hype

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

This category is difficult, there’s a lot of people I wanna put in my 5 but just can’t. I suggest going ahead and grabbing Renate Reinsve for The Worst Person in the World. Her odds are blowing the fuck up right now and she could get in if Neon runs a big campaign (depends on how Spencer goes of course). Her performance got raves at Cannes and it’s being called one of the best performances of the year. Also her being in what is potentially the frontrunner for International Feature will help her greatly, especially if Hand of God and Parallel Mothers don’t live up to the hype

Have Neon given it a release date?

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Emma Stone, La La Land
    Isabelle Huppert, Elle
    Ruth Negga, Loving
    Natalie Portman, Jackie
    Meryl Streep, Florence Foster Jenkins

that’s not a competitive lineup tbh, we all knew emma was going to sweep
    yeah amy adams was in two films but since when academy is fair to her or to annette bening

Lets not rewrite history dear. Many were predicting either Huppert, Stone, or Portman to win. And Ruth knocked out significant contenders like Amy Adams from a nomination. 2016 was competitive.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Lets not rewrite history dear. Many were predicting either Huppert, Stone, or Portman to win. And Ruth knocked out significant contenders like Amy Adams from a nomination. 2016 was competitive.

I think part of it could be attributed to the fact that Amy Adams was in a SciFi movie (which the Academy doesnt really fond of) and Negga being the only POC who is strong enough, especially after OscarsSoWhite the previous year.

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

I hope Netflix prioritizes Passing and Bruised for campaigning.

Halle Berry could really ride a comeback wave. I hope Bruising revitalizes her career. The role sounds like a hit (no pun intended).

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Have Neon given it a release date?

All I know is that it’s Q4 (which should be expected considering it showed up at TIFF)

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

Respect looks like a chore to sit through. I just see Hudson and 0 Aretha in every clip that has been previewed.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

well those weren’t very realistic when emma was literally sweeping everything. no one is rewriting here. your preference might be different, so was mine I wanted huppert to win but it was clear as daylight for emma

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

well those weren’t very realistic when emma was literally sweeping everything. no one is rewriting here. your preference might be different, so was mine I wanted huppert to win but it was clear as daylight for emma

I never specified my preference the way you did though. And you can easily go back & read what people were predicting on this board. You’re being an Oscar revisionist lol 😂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.