Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Diamond Tier
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

I never specified my preference the way you did though. And you can easily go back & read what people were predicting on this board. You’re being an Oscar revisionist lol 😂

i am just saying that the competition wasn’t as tough as you’re interpreting here so it wasn’t specifically difficult for ruth to get in

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

i am just saying that the competition was as tough as you’re interpreting here so it wasn’t specifically difficult for ruth to get in

It literally was though. Amy was expected to fill that 5th spot because Arrival was a much bigger contender. Ruth’s chances were undermined because her performance was more subdued. Which brings us back to Tessa Thompson.

If her role is anything like George (fill in the blank) suggests then there’s a precedent for Thompson to potentially pull off a nomination. Especially if Passing becomes a strong player.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

If her role is anything like George (fill in the blank) suggests then there’s a precedent for Thompson to potentially pull off a nomination. Especially if Passing becomes a strong player.

Ignoring the random “fill in the blank” Passing being a strong player is the only way I see Tessa getting in. The film just isn’t all that accessible (based on first impression) and it’s not a David Fincher film about 1940s Hollywood where it’s appealing enough to land 10 nominations or smth with the Academy. Though if this new cut makes it more audience friendly, I will reconsider

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Ignoring the random “fill in the blank”

I legitimately forgot your last name & didn’t feel like searching for it. No shade.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I legitimately forgot your last name & didn’t feel like searching for it. No shade.

Oh fuck well sorry for assuming there was shade

FYC

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

well those weren’t very realistic when emma was literally sweeping everything. no one is rewriting here. your preference might be different, so was mine I wanted huppert to win but it was clear as daylight for emma

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

With Margot Robbie and Ana De Armas officially out of this year, who y’all think gonna sneak into the Top 10 Contenders??

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

With Margot Robbie and Ana De Armas officially out of this year, who y’all think gonna sneak into the Top 10 Contenders??

My entire top 10 is as follows:
    1. Kristen Stewart – Spencer
    2. Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley
    3. Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth
    4. Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    5. Renate Reinsve – The Worst Person in the World

6. Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    7. Jodie Comer – The Last Duel
    8. Lady Gaga – House of Gucci
    9. Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter
    10. Penelope Cruz – Parallel Mothers

Hope that Answers your question

FYC

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Says the delusional stan who predicted Carey Mulligan to win an Oscar with 0 industry awards lol 😂

Anyway…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My entire top 10 is as follows: 1. Kristen Stewart – Spencer 2. Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley 3. Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth 4. Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye 5. Renate Reinsve – The Worst Person in the World 6. Jennifer Hudson – Respect 7. Jodie Comer – The Last Duel 8. Lady Gaga – House of Gucci 9. Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter 10. Penelope Cruz – Parallel Mothers Hope that Answers your question

Reinsve? That’s an interesting one.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Says the delusional stan who predicted Carey Mulligan to win an Oscar with 0 industry awards lol 😂

You act is if they’re the only one to do that when they weren’t and it wasn’t that crazy considering how fucked that race was

Reinsve? That’s an interesting one.

I grabbed her for the odds, but as I said earlier she could get in if Neon runs a big campaign for her

FYC

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir wrote:

The person who was the frontrunner to win in the Gold Derby odds? 

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Oh fuck well sorry for assuming there was shade

The only person worth shading is wolfali cus well…he’s a “bitter boo or whatever that means” lol 😂

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

The person who was the frontrunner to win in the Gold Derby odds?

You’re the leader of the Carey cult. Constantly shoving her “risky” performance down our throats every single post. You were worst than kaziz with Kirsten Dunst lol 😂 But anyway…

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

My entire top 10 is as follows: 1. Kristen Stewart – Spencer 2. Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley 3. Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth 4. Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye 5. Renate Reinsve – The Worst Person in the World 6. Jennifer Hudson – Respect 7. Jodie Comer – The Last Duel 8. Lady Gaga – House of Gucci 9. Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter 10. Penelope Cruz – Parallel Mothers Hope that Answers your question

Is it confirmed McDormand is going Lead? Because that role (as written) is 100% Supporting.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.