Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 557 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
M
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 30 is now open.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Stewart.
    Gaga.
    Colman.
    Haim.
    Kidman.

McDormand. 

Let’s gooooooo.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

From Variety about Don’t Look Up:

Lawrence, who hasn’t been back to the ceremony since “Joy” (2015), is hands down the most “likable” character but seems to be missing the “Oscar clip” that is needed to breakout. However, she does have the best long-running joke of the film that plays throughout and has excellent chemistry with Chalamet.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

1. Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    2. Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos
    3. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    4. Alana Haim, Licorice Pizza
    5. Jennifer Lawrence, Don’t Look Up

6. Penelope Cruz, Parallel Mothers
    7. Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    8. Tessa Thompson, Passing
    9. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    10. Rooney Mara, Nightmare Alley

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Not Jennifer crashing into this race too, this category is so chaotic this year and I’m kinda here for it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not Jennifer crashing into this race too, this category is so chaotic this year and I’m kinda here for it.

This is literally the first time in this race that none of Jodie Comer, Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Hudson have made the top 10 in my predictions. This field is STACKED.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Whirlwind
    Topics:

Just saw HoG at AMC… Gaga destroyed it. As a lifetime fan of her who knows every mannerism, move, and inflection, I found her to be genuinely unrecognizable. I didn’t 100% feel that way about her in ASIB, take that as you will. It’s a gargantuan performance. She is charming, comedic, and quietly cunning at the start, and descends into fury and goes full psychotic at times. There’s a section of the film that takes place in Switzerland which is the start of her spiral, and it’s GREAT. She’s genuinely heartbreaking at times. I wouldn’t say she has one specific Oscar moment, they are scattered throughout the film. Hate her all you want, think her stans are the vermin of the Earth, or that the film will be a panned bomb, she’s at least VERY competitive for a nom. Some people will have to deal with that or seethe for the next few months.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

So excited for Gaga
    The youtube legend has spoken and quite possibly the best description i could get.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Ok, I decided to stretch it a bit.

1. Kristen Stewart – NEON top overall priority that seems to be getting all possible attention. They want this film to be big at awards. A billion raved industry screenings sided with Stewart’s new career peak.

2. Nicole Kidman – Basically Amazon’s only “major” film since A Hero will probably be relegated to International Film and at max screenplay. Great reception for her performance in early screenings and popular character of interest for united-statian public.

3. Lady Gaga – MGM’s top actress priority, the movie with divisive reviews still single out her acting and calls it a highlight. A bunch of well received industry screenings and possibly a big audience hit. Her name alone brings all the attention to the work and her presence in the race makes it more buzzed.

4. Olivia Colman – Netflix beast of campaign sets it in the last day of eligibility probably foreseeing a late ressurgence with BAFTA and Oscars. Bulked by the screenplay and the lead’s performance, Olivia is at her peak popularity and will attract attention for its release.

5. Penelope Cruz – After her movie was denied Int’l Film submission Sony declared they will do a stronger campaign so it contends in other major categories. They did well with The Father last year and I see her missing SAG but appearing in the other ones, getting new breath post BAFTA noms. A Banderas’ Pain and Glory type of nom

6. Jennifer Lawrence – Well, it’s Netflix major film next to TPOTD and that’s been known for over an year. She should have never been discarded. With the great reception it’s getting + a industry screenings and becoming a huge platform hit, JLaw could make her comeback to the Oscars with her extreme popularity and coattail from the film

7. Alana Haim – MGM for sure has faith in this film. Ofc it can turn out a writers and directors hit but ignored at acting branches. Still Haim got glowing notices that could land a spot if her film is really big. I believe both her and Gaga can happen as the studio is doing such good work with them.

8. Jessica Chastain – Never count Searchlight off, I can’t tell if they ever missed with a lead actress contender, they just know how to get to voters. The film flopped, it’s mixed reviewed and released too early, but still. Moving Blanchett to supporting only helps Chastain internal competition.

9. Frances McDormand – My queen is at the peak of her career and might land another jewel. However she didn’t get many singular standouts for this in comparison to the movie’s directing, craft and other cast members. She for sure could be sidelined specially cause Apple is so shitty at film awards campaign (please, remove CODA from BP predix) and a24 doesn’t seem to care for it. I won’t discard her peak popularity and likability landing some precursors and perhaps surprising us on nominations day.

I think Thompson, Hudson, Reinsve, Mara and Berry are theorical possibilities that could gain traction later on, perhaps more at precursors. I don’t see at the moment due to their own studio’s internal competition or lack of interest.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

1. Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    2. Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos
    3. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    4. Penélope Cruz, Parallel Mothers
    5. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth (she’s probably in the Meryl auto-nom phase of her career having surpassed her win record in lead, especially since this film will get major noms elsewhere)

6. Alana Haim, Licorice Pizza
    7. Tessa Thompson, Passing (but rooting for her and still have her in GD for nothing but the potential points if it plays out)
    8. Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye (Searchlight’s #1 status combined with her own personal thirst should not be underestimated, especially among the older white members who are very familiar with her character)
    9. Lady Gaga, House of Gucci (really depends on the box office I guess but if the film is as really poorly reviewed as it seems it’ll be I don’t see her being a priority from the studio above Haim)
    10. Jennifer Hudson, Respect (most of the normies in my life are still really enamored with this, the way they were with Bohemian Rhapsody and My Octopus Teacher)

Profile picture
    Letter Coxd
    Topics:

The Oscars next year is gonna be so fun to watch with all these big names coming in all at once.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My only concern about Frances is that most people who have seen The Tragedy of Macbeth have called her performance supporting and in a stacked field like this, I can see her getting votes in both categories and either missing out on the nom or dare I say ending up like Stanfield last year and appearing in supporting actress on nominations day.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

I hope my wish comes true. My girl with Oscar. Perfect partner to her Cesar.

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

My only concern about Frances is that most people who have seen The Tragedy of Macbeth have called her performance supporting and in a stacked field like this, I can see her getting votes in both categories and either missing out on the nom or dare I say ending up like Stanfield last year and appearing in supporting actress on nominations day.

With a role as recognizable as Lady Macbeth and an actress as revered as Frances, I think it’s easy to get away with even if one’s first impression (or given any other Actress) would’ve leaned Supporting.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)’ is closed to new replies.