Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 557 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
M
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

People can find both Chastain’s performance and the film bad. Which, personally, I do. But that’s not what defines the lack of confidence in her chances.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

People can find both Chastain’s performance and the film bad. Which, personally, I do. But that’s not what defines the lack of confidence in her chances.

Indeed, I find it impressive in a mediocre film, but my biggest concern about her chances is tied to the category’s heavy competition and a pivoting studio. I figure Searchlight had expected Eyes of Tammy Faye to make a much more significant impact upon release. Now, the studio’s awards strategists find themselves with a flourishing French Dispatch on their hands while also trying to sustain potential buzz for a very late-breaking Nightmare Alley. Resuscitating Tammy Faye may be one action item too many at this point.

I’m figuring Chastain’s awards pursuit, barring some key precursor-period boost, may well fall through the cracks as the studio shifts focus, depending of course on how NA pans out after screenings start early next month.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Both Chastain and her film were bad indeed

Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

I feel Gaga has a better chance at awards because she seems like a genuinely nice person that everyone loves. Even when you watch tiktok videos of waitstaff who have met her, they say she was nicest celeb they have met. I remember back in the day Madonna and other pop stars were feuding with everyone and bitching about their contemporaries. I guess it genuinely nice that Gagas friends with her contemporaries (Katy Perry, Adele, Beyoncé, Britney etc), is supportive of new stars (Harry, Billie) and is well loved by her acting co-stars. This might seem like a pointless post but what I’m trying to say is that she’s very talented but also a person that other stars love and respect which gives her a leg up in an industry that is new to her.

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

So finally watched Spencer,along with Ghostbusters and a bollywood movie.

Ghostbusters was good and enjoyable when with family. But I want to say something about Spencer and this movie is better when you watch alone. It’s hauntingly beautiful and I am not saying this as a Kristen Stewart fan, I am just stating as a viewer. I remember I felt the same while watching Personal Shopper.

I admit that this movie isn’t for all,but if you know little about lady Diana,you can feel this movie.

As the movie progresses,you can see Kristen disappears completely to Diana. Her hair might be distraction, but man… Her mannerisms perfect. There are few scenes which made me feel choking. The dining room scene, the last scene with Maggie and ofcourse the snooker table scene. I can feel the helplessness of Diana through Kristen. So much I can write. But don’t have words to justify what I felt about Kristen’s portrayal.

Script was bit shoddy,but great performances,amazing direction by Pablo (he is a genious), score by Greenwood and cinematography by Mathon compensated for that.

I am a doctor and had medical Student syndrome,have anxiety ,so the pearl eating,bullemia gave me nauseated feeling and ofcourse those scenes are anxiety inducing. As they say this movie isn’t for all. But if you see with blank mind,you can feel the beauty. This portrayal of Diana is for ages, Oscar or no Oscar.

Kristen, girl you have my heart ❤️.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

So finally watched Spencer,along with Ghostbusters and a bollywood movie. Ghostbusters was good and enjoyable when with family. But I want to say something about Spencer and this movie is better when you watch alone. It’s hauntingly beautiful and I am not saying this as a Kristen Stewart fan, I am just stating as a viewer. I remember I felt the same while watching Personal Shopper. I admit that this movie isn’t for all,but if you know little about lady Diana,you can feel this movie. As the movie progresses,you can see Kristen disappears completely to Diana. Her hair might be distraction, but man… Her mannerisms perfect. There are few scenes which made me feel choking. The dining room scene, the last scene with Maggie and ofcourse the snooker table scene. I can feel the helplessness of Diana through Kristen. So much I can write. But don’t have words to justify what I felt about Kristen’s portrayal. Script was bit shoddy,but great performances,amazing direction by Pablo (he is a genious), score by Greenwood and cinematography by Mathon compensated for that. I am a doctor and had medical Student syndrome,have anxiety ,so the pearl eating,bullemia gave me nauseated feeling and ofcourse those scenes are anxiety inducing. As they say this movie isn’t for all. But if you see with blank mind,you can feel the beauty. This portrayal of Diana is for ages, Oscar or no Oscar. Kristen, girl you have my heart ❤️.

yes I haven’t seen any of Pablo’s other movies but I came away thinking that he is a really good director.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Why are people still mentioning Jodie Comer? It’s not happening. Not agaínst those names.

It’s interesting to see who is coming to bat for each nominee. It’s early days but already Olivier Assayas, Kelly Reichardt, Jodie Foster, Elizabeth Banks, Jesse Eisenberg, Catherine Hardwicke, David Cronenberg, Julitte Binoche etc have cheered for Kristen.People forget how long she has been in the business. I really get the sense that the academy is itching to have her win.

Bradley Cooper has entered the chat for Gaga (not that she needs a ton of endorsements, she is her own hype machine 😅). Gaga isn’t going to win but it’s nice to see that Cooper remains supportive and their bond wasn’t just for promo.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Why are people still mentioning Jodie Comer? It’s not happening. Not agaínst those names.  

The same applies to Lady Gaga. The competition against her is fierce and made up of actresses more talented and respected than her. And I don’t see the problem with still mentioning Comer when you’ve got people still predicting an unknown like Rachel Zegler. And since you mentioned endorsements: Guillermo del Toro praised Comer and called TLD magnificent on Twitter.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

The same applies to Lady Gaga. The competition against her is fierce and made up of actresses more talented and respected than her. And I don’t see the problem with still mentioning Comer when you’ve got people still predicting an unknown like Rachel Zegler. And since you mentioned endorsements: Guillermo del Toro praised Comer and called TLD magnificent on Twitter.

come on… Comer and Gaga are not comparable 😅😅. Gaga is a best actress nominee, she’s won an Oscar, she’s been a nominee 3 times. Gaga is still in many people’s lists even after they’ve seen the movie. I love Jodie but there will be no “fresh new face” filler this year. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it but I can’t see it happening whatsoever.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

No, it doesn’t at all. Jodie was fantastic and I’d love her to be nom’d but she’s far from strong contention now.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

LATE NOVEMBER PREDICTIONS:

Best Actress:
    1: Kristen Stewart – Spencer
    2: Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter
    3: Lady Gaga – House of Gucci
    4: Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    5: Alana Haim – Licorice Pizza

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

No, it doesn’t at all. Jodie was fantastic and I’d love her to be nom’d but she’s far from strong contention now.

I meant the competition is fierce and Gaga may not be as locked as many believe. In her recent podcast, Anne Thompson said she believes Nicole is ahead of Lady Gaga. She also believes Leto is more likely to get nominated for an Oscar.

Profile picture
    gofyb
    Topics:

The story and message behind Parasite is simple – eat the rich. It is woke. How are you have the mind to deny it? I want to make it clear, I liked the movie. Did I think it was one of the all time great? No. And it amazes me how some folks have the ability to bring up racism out of thin air. For me it has nothing to do with it. Maybe in USA this kind of issues are a big deal. But i am an Asian living in an Asian country and I don’t give a damn who plays who as long as I’m content with the material.

Profile picture
    fexo
    Topics:

Why are people still mentioning Jodie Comer? It’s not happening. Not agaínst those names. It’s interesting to see who is coming to bat for each nominee. It’s early days but already Olivier Assayas, Kelly Reichardt, Jodie Foster, Elizabeth Banks, Jesse Eisenberg, Catherine Hardwicke, David Cronenberg, Julitte Binoche etc have cheered for Kristen.People forget how long she has been in the business. I really get the sense that the academy is itching to have her win. Bradley Cooper has entered the chat for Gaga (not that she needs a ton of endorsements, she is her own hype machine 😅). Gaga isn’t going to win but it’s nice to see that Cooper remains supportive and their bond wasn’t just for promo.

It’s so funny when they try and retaliate and come for gaga girlie is not even in anyone’s top 10

Indiewire
    Imdb
    Vanity fair
    Vogue
    Variety- not top – 20
    LA times- not top 15
    Awardswatch
    Awardsdaily

She will not even make it to the critics choice let alone the baftas. It’s bad for her, it’s like watching a broken horse trying to run on it’s last legs.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

It’s so funny when they try and retaliate and come for gaga girlie is not even in anyone’s top 10 Indiewire Imdb Vanity fair Vogue Variety- not top – 20 LA times- not top 15 Awardswatch Awardsdaily She will not even make it to the critics choice let alone the baftas. It’s bad for her, it’s like watching a broken horse trying to run on it’s last legs.

Jodie’s performance was universally praised and The Last Duel might end up being the better-received 2021 Ridley Scott film.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)’ is closed to new replies.