Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 557 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
M
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Yeah, if HOG is getting any noms, Gaga is its best shot. She’s first in line in the nomination train for HOG.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

So basically:

Gaga is not as strong as People think she would be. If we talked about raves, Chastain is also getting raves for an otherwise middling/average movie.

Pretty much at this point IMO Stewart is the only one that locked. Colman and Thompson are safer than what people thought they might be because they have much stronger films although “Pundits” didn’t give Thompson the justice she deserves.  The last two spots, though. Its between Gaga, Chastain, Hudson and Mara at this point.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

THIS! I don’t think it’s intentional by most posters on these forums but a lot of the time white actors get far more praise and recognition than their poc counterparts. It’s white privilege.

you can’t compare the acclaim Gaga is getting to that of Tessa or Halle Berry. She’s literally the best thing about the movie.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

House of Gucci is not going to be nominated for Best Picture, not even box office is going to help it get into best picture.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

you can’t compare the acclaim Gaga is getting to that of Tessa or Halle Berry. She’s literally the best thing about the movie.

So is Chastain…..

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    yabixz
    Topics:

So was Comer, Chastain and many of the women this year in weaker movies

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

i can tell why. She’s real. From how she says things it looks like she’s here in this moment actually saying what she thinks. I meant it’s probably a pretty big thing for her doing this interview for the first time. Her hand gesturing, shaking leg under the table really give away how nervous she might have felt.

actually her leg always shakes like that 😅. I think it’s just her default mode. That restless energy.

I don’t think she will ever adore being in the spotlight but I love seeing her do all these Q&As after screenings.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Personally I think Kristen Stewart is the only real lock. Kidman and Colman in my opinion are #2 and #3 respectively.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

In what world is Gaga not as strong as we thought? She is literally the only reason that the movie isn’t at below 30 on both RT and MC. Everyone that actually matters is singling out her performance. Unless I am living in some parallel world where we are seeing different reviews. I would say it’s close to being equivalent with Jessica, just minus the prosthetics. Also, THIS IS HER SECOND FILM, so yeah I am impressed by the reaction to her.

dude they’re desperate. Just nod and smile.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The last two spots, though. Its between Gaga, Chastain, Hudson and Mara at this point.

Yeah, but unless the voters don’t like Gaga’s performance, I don’t see how they’d favor Chastain and Hudson.

Gaga is more likely to do better at the Box Office than those two movies. As Sasha Stone put it, she also has more star likeability (in the sense that people want her to attend their shows). And she has the advantage of recency. By contrast, Chastain and Hudson are on the disadvantageous side of those factors.

So far I think the critical reception has been decent enough for the movie overall to not collapse. The two other metrics I’m waiting for are the box office numbers and the cinemascore.

Profile picture
    Natalegend
    Topics:

Y’all are doing too much in regard to House of Gucci. If voters like it, Gaga and the film can get in. We’ve seen time and time again how academy tastes don’t always line up to critics taste. There is a lot of buzz with Gucci and that is essentially all it really takes to get in. Gucci whether critics liked it or not is going to be watched by voters and many will probably like it because it seems like a fun time. Not everything that gets nominated has to be the next best film in history.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

The way these reviews didnt change a single thing (as they never would) in the race that already positions Gaga as a strong candidate for a nomination. I agree with others who says Stewart is the only lock so far tho.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Rodrigo Moura
    Topics:

YES, gaga is 100% In

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Gaga is not happening.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

Gaga is happening

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)’ is closed to new replies.