Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 555 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
M
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Whirlwind
    Topics:

Stewart

Kidman

Gaga

Thompson

Haim/Colman

Profile picture
    paddylastinc
    Topics:

Stewart
    Kidman
    Thompson
    Chastain
    Gaga

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I honestly think that the narrative that Gaga carried HoG can actually help her more than damage her chances.

I mean look at this. These are beyond raves at this point:

“Lady Gaga blows a potential dud of a movie straight into the stratosphere. […] Gaga climbs inside the skin of — if not the real Patrizia — a fantastical approximation who smokes like a chimney, narrows her eyes till you expect lasers to shoot out, and turns every single scene she appears in into a grand, glorious showcase. Her hand gestures alone are worthy of close reading. She’s Lady Macbeth as diva, darling, and dancing queen.” – VOX

“I haven’t yet seen Joel Coen’s forthcoming “The Tragedy of Macbeth,” but I will be surprised if Frances McDormand, for all the force of her artistry, feeds Lady Macbeth’s ambition with the same carnal energy that Lady Gaga brings to the remarkably similar role of Patrizia. […] House of Gucci” is Gaga’s movie, and she tears into it with an exuberant yet precise ferocity. She is the main reason why the movie at times transcends the limits of its scripted action. Her performance is an unusual one, all forceful gesticulations and high-relief inflections; she’s not expressively complex in repose except through the flaming power of her furiously fixed gaze, which is the movie’s dominant visual trope” – The New Yorker

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

HoG is NOT PANNED by any means. Just shaping to be another Bombshell/Tammy Faye/Vice, quite middling yet not as bad as people thought it would be. Igor’s scoop is also proven to be accurate. It could either gets in BP or gets a complete shutout apart from Gaga. About the whole internal competition: You could make a case against Thompson with her internal competition against Colman and JLaw, but the case could be made against Gaga that she also face internal competition in Alana Haim for a much more acclaimed movie. Thompson being the only formidable PoC contender also benefits her a lot. Last year Netflix gets Kirby and Davis in with Adams, despite being in a panned movie somehow scored SAG Nomination

You’re right about HoG not being panned, it was a very mixed reception like many of us predicted, however I have a feeling it won’t overperform like Vice did, even though that movie was also controversial and received mixed reviews it felt somewhat more Academy inclined than HoG, it was campy but also political. Vice was the followup to The Big Short which was very acclaimed and established McKay as a respected and stylistic director so there was residual buzz and eagerness to recognize a new Hollywood favorite, supported by three central performances from two recent winners and Amy Adams (who although not a winner yet has proven to have a lot of goodwill from voters) and most importantly it benefited from the fact that 2018 was a weak year for the Oscars – Green Book won BP and Bohemian Rhapsody was the night’s biggest winner, that’s enough to make my case – so I think HoG will have a much harder time cracking some categories Vice did, like Picture/Director/Screenplay and I can see the scenario of a complete shutout apart from Gaga being the most likely one.

Profile picture
    Rodrigo Moura
    Topics:

Stewart

Gaga

Colman

Kidman

Thompson

Profile picture
    Olsen
    Topics:

Just watch the movie before judging Gaga behind anyone else at this moment.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

That level of praise I honestly don’t think the critics raved that much about her role in ASIB. I think they raved about the movie overall more than Gaga exceptionally.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

I honestly think that the narrative that Gaga carried HoG can actually help her more than damage her chances. I mean look at this. These are beyond raves at this point: “Lady Gaga blows a potential dud of a movie straight into the stratosphere. […] Gaga climbs inside the skin of — if not the real Patrizia — a fantastical approximation who smokes like a chimney, narrows her eyes till you expect lasers to shoot out, and turns every single scene she appears in into a grand, glorious showcase. Her hand gestures alone are worthy of close reading. She’s Lady Macbeth as diva, darling, and dancing queen.” – VOX “I haven’t yet seen Joel Coen’s forthcoming “The Tragedy of Macbeth,” but I will be surprised if Frances McDormand, for all the force of her artistry, feeds Lady Macbeth’s ambition with the same carnal energy that Lady Gaga brings to the remarkably similar role of Patrizia. […] House of Gucci” is Gaga’s movie, and she tears into it with an exuberant yet precise ferocity. She is the main reason why the movie at times transcends the limits of its scripted action. Her performance is an unusual one, all forceful gesticulations and high-relief inflections; she’s not expressively complex in repose except through the flaming power of her furiously fixed gaze, which is the movie’s dominant visual trope” – The New Yorker

Of course it will help her. The only ones who can’t see that are those who have an agenda against her. For whatever reason.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Another day, another stale predictable fuming post Gaga related for the Naomi Watts stan.

Don’t know who is more predictable between him or the other troll with the copy paste BARF comments.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Not the girls having the breakdowns and trying to convince us that there is a conspiracy to keep the singer from getting another undeserved nomination. The flavor…

That singer is the only reason the 2019 award season was the most entertaining and interesting. She’s helping this season once again. Keep your hate for her and be honest, she has the buzziest movie among all best actress contenders and her role is the most diverse. While Kidman and Stewart have their movies set in a weekend and maybe a month, Gaga’s movie scaled through three decades. The Gucci thread is in part six and heading to part seven. Your faves can never pull such crowd. Lady Gaga was, still is, and will always be the moment.

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Another day, another stale predictable fuming post Gaga related for the Naomi Watts stan. Don’t know who is more predictable between him or the other troll with the copy paste BARF comments.

Lol. The BARF lady makes my day each time I visit the music forum. Let’s not take them seriously

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Wow. You can tell that just from the trailer!? What can you tell me by the Licorice Pizza trailer? Will it be a hit? How about Nightmare Alley?

We’ve got a movie psychic? Lol

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    lulina
    Topics:

That singer is the only reason the 2019 award season was the most entertaining and interesting. She’s helping this season once again. Keep your hate for her and be honest, she has the buzziest movie among all best actress contenders and her role is the most diverse. While Kidman and Stewart have their movies set in a weekend and maybe a month, Gaga’s movie scaled through three decades. The Gucci thread is in part six and heading to part seven. Your faves can never pull such crowd. Lady Gaga was, still is, and will always be the moment.

We already know. Damn the level of arrogance of Gaga’s stans is radioactive at this point.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 555 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)’ is closed to new replies.