Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 557 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Plumpshell
M
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Wow. You can tell that just from the trailer!? What can you tell me by the Licorice Pizza trailer? Will it be a hit? How about Nightmare Alley?

We’ve got a movie psychic? Lol

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    lulina
    Topics:

That singer is the only reason the 2019 award season was the most entertaining and interesting. She’s helping this season once again. Keep your hate for her and be honest, she has the buzziest movie among all best actress contenders and her role is the most diverse. While Kidman and Stewart have their movies set in a weekend and maybe a month, Gaga’s movie scaled through three decades. The Gucci thread is in part six and heading to part seven. Your faves can never pull such crowd. Lady Gaga was, still is, and will always be the moment.

We already know. Damn the level of arrogance of Gaga’s stans is radioactive at this point.

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

The funniest part is Gaga fans acting as if 67 on RT and 60 MC were honorable scores lol, they are NOT!
    And she’s not some prestigious actress Oscar voters will crave for every time she has a movie out.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

That singer is the only reason the 2019 award season was the most entertaining and interesting. She’s helping this season once again. Keep your hate for her and be honest, she has the buzziest movie among all best actress contenders and her role is the most diverse. While Kidman and Stewart have their movies set in a weekend and maybe a month, Gaga’s movie scaled through three decades. The Gucci thread is in part six and heading to part seven. Your faves can never pull such crowd. Lady Gaga was, still is, and will always be the moment.

Yeah, Black Panther, for example, had nothing to do with people enjoying the Oscars that year… smh.
    No way it’s hate if she’s making you all unstable and posting such nonsense now that she is going to fight for the 5th spot. I actually like that she makes you all so nutty and sensitive.
    Let’s keep the breakdowns from the minions coming.
    But girl, don’t be dense with the comments about the time span the scripts cover. You’re on a roll lately. Just look at the criticism of the Scott movie. 30 years of boredom. It’s a hard pass for Best Picture lol

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

Wow. You can tell that just from the trailer!? What can you tell me by the Licorice Pizza trailer? Will it be a hit? How about Nightmare Alley?

Calm down dear. No need to get angry and I am not a psychic not even a movie critic! Just wrote what I felt.

Licorice Pizza I haven’t seen and nightmare alley looks good. Regarding hit or flop, well I thought King Richard and Spencer will do good. But look what happened. I don’t trust myself,so I suggest you too overlook what I have written instead of mocking.

And frankly speaking if I didn’t like Jennifer Lawrence in DLU, did I commit a crime?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

It wasn’t that real.

What wasn’t real?

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I remembered back in Part 12 Gaga Stans dragged some of the arguably more respected actresses than Gaga. Finally gets the taste of your own medicine?

Look, honestly I’d be personally upset if not everyone liked some of my favorite performers or some people dragged them. But I’d rather stated my opinion quick and leave or not trying to engage, come at your face and said you were wrong. Lets not pretend that Y’all have multiple times twisting opinions and stating it as a fact which is irritating.  But at the end of the day, Art is subjective. Like what you like and thats it. Disliking particular performers? You are allowed to do that, but keep yourself from dragging.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

How does being honest pit Erivo and Hudson against each other? With all due respect, you’re reading way too much into that. In regards to the rest of your statement, it took 49 years for two black actresses to get nominated in Best Actress in the same year, so no, two can’t and won’t get in this year or for the next 49 years. We talk about race because race is a factor at the Oscars. White actresses have the luxury of solely being recognized because of merit, black actresses don’t. To be silent is to be complaisant.

Reading into it too much? No I read exactly what you said, with all due respect. What do you mean CAN’T get in?

I don’t know the future, but I do believe that 2 black actresses will get nominated for BA in the same year sooner than you think. I don’t believe its going to take another 50 years for two to at least be nominated. And honestly, on paper it just might happen next year (Viola Davis and Naomi Ackie). But that’s a later discussion.

Its fine if you want to speak about race concerning the Oscars, but don’t let that overshadow their merit. I just don’t like when posters have made it seem that black actresses in the past couple of years have in pretty much to fill a quota (if that’s even true)….like they aren’t getting in on merit. It’s dismissive of their talent.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Letter Coxd
    Topics:

The way some of the people here are changing the narrative yet again… I thought House of Gucci is a surefire panned? What happened? 🤣

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

We should all put our energy into Tessa Thompson😁

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 30)’ is closed to new replies.