Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 31)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 31)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 502 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Lil Tony
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Okay. I might be in minority, but I enjoy watching Gaga more than Jennifer Lawrence and HOG is no where near a panned movie. She is a very good entertainer.

Meryl Streep is of another level. No comparisons.

why do people keep saying shit like “Gaga is no Meryl streep/Olivia Colman”. Guys, she doesn’t have to be. She’s in her own lane. There’s nobody like her so you can’t measure her against any other actress. Jesus. This is so basic. I thought a movie forum would be more clued in and knowledgeable about this stuff.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I’ve seen the film and interviewed Fuhrman for Gold Derby — highly, highly recommended. The film isn’t necessarily giving us anything completely new, but damn is it spectacularly put together. And Fuhrman’s high-wire act is incredible. If you can see it, please do. I assume a lot of our forum posters will love it.

Oooooh can’t wait!!!! High praise coming from you!

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Re: Gaga — get real, folx. She can get in, for sure, though she’s not a lock (like almost everyone else).

Every year performances from bad/mediocre films get in, in every category. Gaga’s chances depend on how things go from here, stop ruling her out, she’s got the praise she needed and all this box office/RT stuff is exhausting. Just chill and wait to see how it pans out. Jeez.

FYC:
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I know this is an Oscar related thread, but let me address this quickly…..I saw someone said that Gaga is going to win Album of the Year at the Grammys….I think you are clearly delusional because Billie or Olivia is winning AOTY. Gaga is not winning any of the top prizes.

What is the point on addressing this here?

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

why do people keep saying shit like “Gaga is no Meryl streep/Olivia Colman”. Guys, she doesn’t have to be. She’s in her own lane. There’s nobody like her so you can’t measure her against any other actress. Jesus. This is so basic. I thought a movie forum would be more clued in and knowledgeable about this stuff.

Eh, let it go honestly. People on GD can keep ruling her out and it still doesn’t ACTUALLY rule her out. This is just dumb hysteria.

FYC:

Profile picture
    gofyb
    Topics:

Gaga stans need to chill. It’s not that hard to be a standout in a somewhat middling movie, especially if you are Lady Gaga. Even Ridley Scott’s other project this year TLD looks more likelier to get some nominations. And honestly I’m a little sad cause I would love to see Kristen and Gaga’s interactions this award season. I think it would warm up their fan bases towards each other. And gays would live for that.
    When it comes to the other contestants, I see people asking why Chastain and Hudson are still in the conversation while their movies got panned too. Well, you’re missing out that their roles are a definition of baity. Oscars are generally drawn to those types of performances.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

What is the point on addressing this here?

I think the Gaga stans are trying to make it seem like a Grammy win would probably help her Oscar chances.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I know this is an Oscar related thread, but let me address this quickly…..I saw someone said that Gaga is going to win Album of the Year at the Grammys….I think you are clearly delusional because Billie or Olivia is winning AOTY. Gaga is not winning any of the top prizes.

Lol, you’re clearly not following the Grammy’s. Her collaboration with Tony got nominated in every category it was eligible for, a feat no other album achieved this year, including a surprise nomination in Best Music Video (a video of them singing together in a studio booth), which was a huge overperformance indicating strong support for the album.

It is the most likely scenario accroding to the Top 24 users:
    https://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/top24-predictions/grammy-awards-2022-predictions/album/sort/recent/
    As well as the regular Golderby watchers of the Grammy race:

Album of the Year

But yes I agree it’s off topic, if you wanna discuss this, you can head to the Grammy’s forums.

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Ngl HOG is really boring in my opinion and not entertaining at all especially the screenplay.. This review accurately symbolises my feelings about this whole movie: https://youtu.be/tLxQWft-V3Q

My Predictions:

1. Nicole Kidman – Being The Ricardo’s

2. Kristen Stewart – Spencer

3. Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter

4. Penelope Cruz – Parallel Mothers

5. Rooney Mara – Nightmare Alley/Alana Haim – Licorice Pizza/ Jennifer Hudson – Respect / Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye.

-NOTE: Actresses in 3-5 im currently skeptical about and I’m only 100% sure on Kidman/Stewart specifically that order also.

Profile picture
    keybored
    Topics:

I’ve seen the film and interviewed Fuhrman for Gold Derby — highly, highly recommended. The film isn’t necessarily giving us anything completely new, but damn is it spectacularly put together. And Fuhrman’s high-wire act is incredible. If you can see it, please do. I assume a lot of our forum posters will love it.

Where did you see it?

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

I really want to put Tessa back into my 5th spot, but I also don’t want to remove Haim lol

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

We arrived in a time where any movie performed below expectation critically=getting panned. Its not, its just performed as expected as according to Igor Alves scoops. He’s always trustworthy with the test screenings scoops.

And lets not pretend that there are no actresses have been nominated for worse movies than Gucci in the past. Gaga still has a fairly strong chance (but not as strong as people made her out to be) question is whether she will remain as strong if late breakers outperformed her and her movie in general.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Kaziz can weigh in but my thinking is that many who enjoy the film can’t simply come away from Passing without wanting to honor both Negga and Thompson – they are linked in my mind. It’s an “either both or none” scenario – a la Dowd/Plimpton (which helped fuel my frustration at the irrationally lopsided buzz for Dowd). Clearly Ampas voters felt strongly enough that Stanfield/Kaluuya were such a “set” they surprisingly flouted FYC guidance to make room for both! If there are a number of Best Actress names whose chances may well be weaker than the “pundits”/oddsmakers’ buzz indicates, Thompson stands out to me as the one contender in the category whose chances are significantly stronger than that.

Great points.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I can’t help but feel that Cate Blanchett will be another addition to this already crowded field. Her performance seems really on point in Nightmare Alley.

Profile picture
    Spicy Celery
    Topics:

Has anyone ever been nominated three years in a row for an acting? because if Colman make it in for The Lost Daughter ,next year she also has a film directed by Sam Mendes and It looks promising.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 31)’ is closed to new replies.