Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 31)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 31)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Lil Tony
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    PrincessConsuelo
    Topics:

I really want Penelope to get at least a nom. She’s wonderful. I have to be honest, I didn’t like Chastain very much. But I can see her getting in as well. In fact, I’d  prefer Chastain and Cruz there instead of Gaga.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

It does not change the fact that she was atrocious in the last decade.

Also Cruz can easily get in, she is not as irrelevant right now as some here think.

atrocious when she’s been a critics darling and won a César and awards like nycff?? Try again

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I also watched Spencer yesterday. It’s boring but it’s really well done so I can see why some are falling for this movie. KStew was great but I can see why some are not really impressed by her. She still has some of her mannerisms (especially with facial expressions) and the script doesn’t give her a lot to chew on, but it’s a great performance and she is Oscar Worthy. It’s not Streep in Sophie’s Choice, Mirren in The Queen ,Vivien Leigh in her nominated works or Liv Ullmann’s level…but it’s good! Very good!

that’s her fcking face. She can’t change it. You’re ridiculous

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Well, my personal ranking of contenders from prediction center so far.

1. Lady Gaga – House of Gucci
    2. Tilda Swinton – Memoria
    3. Kristen Stewart – Spencer
    4. Jodie Comer – The Last Duel
    5. Tessa Thompson – Passing
    6. Angelina Jolie – Eternals (it’s in the predix lobby so lol)
    7. Marion Cotillard – Annette
    8. Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    9. Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    10. Emilia Jones – CODA
    11. Thomazin McKenzie – Last Night in Soho

Available but sight unseen is Halle Berry that will watch soon. Also Amy Adams for The Woman in the Window, but idk if that matters really jdbj

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

People here are seriously underestimating Penelope Cruz and Jessica Chastain.

Yeah I get what your saying with respect to Chastain, I can see myself putting her back in eventually. With respect to Cruz, I think she really needs that extra support from the Critics because she just doesn’t seem like a buzzy contender right now.

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Being The Ricardo’s are getting terrific reviews: E.g on letterbox;

Much closer to what I would expect from Aaron Sorkin: Director. A breeze to watch (I’d rewatch it, easily) while it lets its actors reel off dialogue to more measured editing speed. I still don’t understand his visual concepts, though. Still, it’s oddly old-fashioned in its look and sound. Kidman and Bardem are fantastic. She’s winning the Oscar, right? – Glenn Dunks

Looks like Kidman is going to get her 2nd Oscar!

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Late November predictions:

1. Kristen Stewart
    2. Olivia Colman
    3. Nicole Kidman
    4. Penelope Cruz
    5. Alana Haim (alt: Jennifer Lawrence)

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Being The Ricardo’s are getting terrific reviews: E.g on letterbox; Much closer to what I would expect from Aaron Sorkin: Director. A breeze to watch (I’d rewatch it, easily) while it lets its actors reel off dialogue to more measured editing speed. I still don’t understand his visual concepts, though. Still, it’s oddly old-fashioned in its look and sound. Kidman and Bardem are fantastic. She’s winning the Oscar, right? – Glenn Dunks Looks like Kidman is going to get her 2nd Oscar!

I didn’t know we were declaring winners already, considering that nobody has won anything yet 😂

I do think though that Kidman has a real shot at winning and is the biggest threat to Stewart. But let’s wait and see how things play out.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

It does not change the fact that she was atrocious in the last decade. Also Cruz can easily get in, she is not as irrelevant right now as some here think.

She was or is never atrocious. Twilight itself was atrocious but beside that she never did that cringe level of acting. It’s getting irritating now. And whatever razzies she got that was because of Twilight. I suggest come out of Twilight zone.

Profile picture
    Mimikadd1
    Topics:

Stewart stans hiding behind twilight when no one mentions it. Do i have to bring that filmography of hers?

Nobody cares about twilight there was about ten more actors way worse than her.

Profile picture
    brenolimsta
    Topics:

that’s her fcking face. She can’t change it. You’re ridiculous

It’s obviously her face and she can’t change that, but it’s not that unusual (especially with good actors doing biopics) an actress changing her mannerisms and even how her face moves and etc. And I didn’t say I didn’t like her in the movie. I actually said she is Oscar worthy hahaha

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

It’s obviously her face and she can’t change that, but it’s not that unusual (especially with good actors doing biopics) an actress changing her mannerisms and even how her face moves and etc. And I didn’t say I didn’t like her in the movie. I actually said she is Oscar worthy hahaha

there is something deeply wrong with you if you really believe Kristen played herself in Spencer. She completely changed how she moved. How she spoke, she even moved her face differently because of the accent. You’re hitting rock bottom right now and I’m legit gonna call your ass out because its just embarrassing. Just stop.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Michaël Fisher
    Topics:

I don’t see how JLaw is going to get nominated this year. She was definitely robbed when she didn’t get a nomination for mother! 

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 31)’ is closed to new replies.