Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 31)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 31)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 499 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Lil Tony
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I love how she’s running the promo for the movie along with another jazz album project this season, it’s really a smart move.

ANOTHER album??? Damn. She works so hard.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

RT critic Frank Avella is really pushing for a Kidman win

Frank J. Avella
    @Fjaklute
    The 2021 Best Actress race is on fire with Oscar-worthy work by Olivia Colman, Penelope Cruz, Renate Reinsve, Jennifer Hudson, Jessica Chastain, Tessa Thompson & Kristen Stewart, but no one comes close to Nicole Kidman. It’s a tour de force. #BeingtheRicardos #NicoleKidmanOscar2

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

Saw Spencer. I like Kristen, generally, but here, though she works hard on it, I found her accent so forced and her manners almost caricatural. I can understand that her performance is being appreciated, but i seriously don’t get the raves. Still, the nom is locked and I think a win is very possible, since the hype is so up.

Jodie Comer supremacy

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: Our Flag Means Death, Severance in all categories;
    Fin Argus in Queer As Folk

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Kidman will be front runner in this race and Stewart will be behind.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Watched Spencer earlier, by far my favorite film of Pablo’s of the three I’ve watched (Jackie, Ema) and I loved Jackie. I, for one, didn’t really understand why audiences would pan this except for the self-harm scene(s). It wasn’t slow or anything, just a psychological drama (that tbh the cinematography made feel cozy like a Christmas time theme). But I also felt the same way about Jackie so I guess audiences aren’t ready for non-BoRape biopics. Spall was like a lower quality Alfred but he was serviceable. Sally was great in the beach scene but needed more scenes. In the beginning, Kristen’s ticks were a bit annoying (I’m just going to assume those were the first days on set), they felt like an amplified version of Diana’s, but eventually she settled in and whew did it turn out a great performance. Hoping for a sweep because damn does she deserve.

Since audiences panned, idk how this is going to do at SAG but I feel like the royals are definitely going to try to keep her from winning BAFTA. So idk what to do with this race.

Profile picture
    Olsen
    Topics:

ANOTHER album??? Damn. She works so hard.

One of the most hardworking person I’ve ever known.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Watched Spencer earlier, by far my favorite film of Pablo’s of the three I’ve watched (Jackie, Ema) and I loved Jackie. I, for one, didn’t really understand why audiences would pan this except for the self-harm scene(s). It wasn’t slow or anything, just a psychological drama (that tbh the cinematography made feel cozy like a Christmas time theme). But I also felt the same way about Jackie so I guess audiences aren’t ready for non-BoRape biopics. Spall was like a lower quality Alfred but he was serviceable. Sally was great in the beach scene but needed more scenes. In the beginning, Kristen’s ticks were a bit annoying (I’m just going to assume those were the first days on set), they felt like an amplified version of Diana’s, but eventually she settled in and whew did it turn out a great performance. Hoping for a sweep because damn does she deserve. Since audiences panned, idk how this is going to do at SAG but I feel like the royals are definitely going to try to keep her from winning BAFTA. So idk what to do with this race.

I agree with every word. I also felt the same way about her portrayal of Diana: it seemed a bit forced in the first few scenes, but then it settled and found its way. I really liked how she conveyed the isolation and sadness that Diana must have felt, but at the same time not shying away from how difficult it must have been to deal with her.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

Watched Spencer earlier, by far my favorite film of Pablo’s of the three I’ve watched (Jackie, Ema) and I loved Jackie. I, for one, didn’t really understand why audiences would pan this except for the self-harm scene(s). It wasn’t slow or anything, just a psychological drama (that tbh the cinematography made feel cozy like a Christmas time theme). But I also felt the same way about Jackie so I guess audiences aren’t ready for non-BoRape biopics. Spall was like a lower quality Alfred but he was serviceable. Sally was great in the beach scene but needed more scenes. In the beginning, Kristen’s ticks were a bit annoying (I’m just going to assume those were the first days on set), they felt like an amplified version of Diana’s, but eventually she settled in and whew did it turn out a great performance. Hoping for a sweep because damn does she deserve. Since audiences panned, idk how this is going to do at SAG but I feel like the royals are definitely going to try to keep her from winning BAFTA. So idk what to do with this race.

People thought this to be a traditional biopic. They wanted to see what they know. People  completely overlooked “fable” Pablo mentioned that in the beginning . Eating disorder and self harm thing didn’t go down smoothly with few people. I have seen some twitter reactions saying they made Diana paranoid.

But then there are great reviews too even from audience. I have watched Spencer 4 times and with every watch it grows on me. But then it’s subjective. It’s like a character study and you have to have patience.

And Kristen is phenomenal. Thats all I can say. This year is great for my girls. First Kristen, then Taylor and now Selena got her first Grammy nomination.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

Box Office Pro / House Of Gucci

3-Day Opening Weekend Range: $14 – 19 million
    5-Day Opening Weekend Range: $22 – 30 million

Profile picture
    Matthew Barry
    Topics:

Its starting to look like Kidman is gaining. I can’t see no other late breaker coming close to her.

Amazon have been clever regarding tjere film release.

Profile picture
    Matthew Barry
    Topics:

People thought this to be a traditional biopic. They wanted to see what they know. People completely overlooked “fable” Pablo mentioned that in the beginning . Eating disorder and self harm thing didn’t go down smoothly with few people. I have seen some twitter reactions saying they made Diana paranoid. But then there are great reviews too even from audience. I have watched Spencer 4 times and with every watch it grows on me. But then it’s subjective. It’s like a character study and you have to have patience. And Kristen is phenomenal. Thats all I can say. This year is great for my girls. First Kristen, then Taylor and now Selena got her first Grammy nomination.

I loved it. Just a briliant film and a brilliant perfromance. X

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

How do we feel about Jennifer Hudson? I’m a fan of hers but I wasn’t impressed with her performance in Respect (or the film itself). She didn’t captivate me the way Andra Day did in The United States vs. Billie Holliday. Genius: Aretha, the NatGeo limited series starring Cynthia Erivo, was a much better biopic. If AMPAS grants any black actress a nod, it should be Tessa Thompson for her exceptional performance in Passing.

But it’s obvious that critics feel differently than I do because they’ve praised Hudson’s performance and she is an Oscar winner playing the Queen of Soul. She very well could happen, which is a shame because Hudson shouldn’t get nominated for what is essentially Dreamgirls: Effie’s Revenge. She’s typecast, and as much as I hate to say it, one note.

She’s fine. As in passably fine. And I would not have minded her getting in because I find many of the performances in the mix good/mediocre/boring but not nod-worthy (Chastain, McDormand). Then Tessa came along and gave possibly my fave performance by any actor this year and it rather pisses me off that people keep penciling in Hudson (admitting that it’s because they believe a WOC will get in) over another WOC who is…legitimately and 100% objectively better, historic, and far more highly regarded. Without Tessa, I just run out of performances I care deeply about, so Hudson….yeah sure why not. But with Tessa, no. It’s ALL ABOUT TESSA for me lol

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

I finally watched Spencer

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Box Office Pro / House Of Gucci 3-Day Opening Weekend Range: $14 – 19 million 5-Day Opening Weekend Range: $22 – 30 million

Wow if that holds true, it’s exceeding previous boxofficepro’s projections by a lot!

At least it can win over the audiences. I hope the cinemascore will be as high.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 31)’ is closed to new replies.