Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 508 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
Plumpshell
Opium
  • Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Y’all lol.

Mullholland Drive alone is enough to compensate whatever Razzie nominations Watts has received. Besides, Leo has two razzie nominations, Tom Cruise got razzie nominations for War of the Worlds, JLaw got razzie nomination for her phenomenal performance in mother!.

Watts is 100 more respected than Gaga and whatever flop she has done since The Impossible she didn’t phone everything in the way Bruce Willis did.

Nothing against Gaga fans, but if people wants Gaga to flop, its because of her stans like Lil Tony and Opium who constantly dragged much better performers like Colman, Mulligan and Watts.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Typical Little Monster: attacking other famous women and then playing victim when someone says anything bad about the terrible “actress” you stan.

Said the troll with only hating Gaga related in his posts who just attacked her, typical pressed haters behavior.

The things I pointed out about Watts are on her imdb-metacritic page, they’re not opinions coming from me.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Y’all lol. Mullholland Drive alone is enough to compensate whatever Razzie nominations Watts has received. Besides, Leo has two razzie nominations, Tom Cruise got razzie nominations for War of the Worlds, JLaw got razzie nomination for her phenomenal performance in mother!. Watts is 100 more respected than Gaga and whatever flop she has done since The Impossible she didn’t phone everything in the way Bruce Willis did. Nothing against Gaga fans, but if people wants Gaga to flop, its because of her stans like Lil Tony and Opium who constantly dragged much better performers like Colman, Mulligan and Watts.

When I ever dragged Colman, Mulligan or Watts?

Watts having a mediocre filmography is a fact it’s not coming from me, I’m not the one who said it’s not worth spending money on mixed reviews movies at the cinema with a Watts avi, but I see you keep all giving a pass to his hateful posts.

Then again you are all proving my point mentioning her only decent and remembered movie, which was 20 years ago.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I am begging you people to talk about literally anyone else.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Y’all lol. Mullholland Drive alone is enough to compensate whatever Razzie nominations Watts has received. Besides, Leo has two razzie nominations, Tom Cruise got razzie nominations for War of the Worlds, JLaw got razzie nomination for her phenomenal performance in mother!. Watts is 100 more respected than Gaga and whatever flop she has done since The Impossible she didn’t phone everything in the way Bruce Willis did. Nothing against Gaga fans, but if people wants Gaga to flop, its because of her stans like Lil Tony and Opium who constantly dragged much better performers like Colman, Mulligan and Watts.

Puleeeaase.. I am like the best and only honest person on this forum. You and I know that Olivia Colman is becoming Viola Davis on this forum in the sense that they want her to sweep the moment she announces a project. Promising Young Woman didn’t match the reviews it got. Didn’t Watts do a Princess Diana movie at one point? How come she only got a Razzie despite being number one for the Oscar odds at some point? Lady Gaga on the other hand is super underrated and hated just because she’s a singer who’s been giving major actresses a run for their own money with phenomenal performances. I have been very respectful and calm because I haven’t seen Gucci. But poor Stafani……she deserves so much love and respect

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

I sometimes can’t tell between trolling and genuine cluelessness and it is scary.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I hope Tessa Thompson gets some love in the end. She deserves. And honestly, there shouldn’t be a dedicated slot for WOC. So Thompson shouldn’t replace Hudson. She should be picked over anyone she’s more deserving than. They can nominate her and Hudson if they like. But please, Thompson should get in

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Y’all lol.

Nothing against Gaga fans, but if people wants Gaga to flop, its because of her stans […] who constantly dragged much better other performers like Colman, Mulligan and Watts.

Now this is something I can agree with. Because when you downplay Gaga’s talent, you’re doing the exact same thing they’re doing to others.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Anyways I’m doubling down on my Haim prediction! Even if she misses this time I hope her success can kickstart a long film career (just as long as she doesn’t abandon her musical one).

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Lol y’all can bitch about Gaga stans (I definitely have) but this award season would be so boring without her. This topic is on thread 32 bc of Gaga and Kstew discourse. Without them its about pretty boring actresses (no offense they’re still talented, there’s just not much to talk about). Gaga brings the drama and everyone has an opinion about Kristen. This is what the endless Oscar season needs. Without them this topic might be waddling into thread 4.#facts

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Some praise for Alana Haim in Licorice Pizza:

Roger Ebert: Haim is just a flat-out movie star. She has that “thing”: that radiant, magnetic charisma that makes it impossible to take your eyes off her.

NPR: A revelation here, with a radiant star-is-born aura that hooks you the moment she first appears.

Consequence of Sound: It’s the kind of star power we saw in a young Barbara Streisand.

Slash Film: Without the slightest trace of hyperbole: she’s a star. That this is Haim’s feature acting debut is staggering-it’s almost unbelievable she could waltz onto a movie screen for the first time and be this good, but she is.

Hollywood Reporter: Haim makes one of the most exciting screen debuts in recent memory.

ABC News: Haim also drives the movie in a performance of such brash, buoyant naturalness and emotional nuance that her film debut is one for the ages.

Source: haimsource on Twitter

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I just saw Spencer, this was a psychological thriller, i don’t know how true it was about the problems of Diana, i know she was bulimic, but i didn’t know about her other mental problems, but Kristen is 100% winning that Oscar. The Academy loves these types of broken characters, the movie wasn’t boring, i don’t know why many people think that way.

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Why is Cruz in so many people’s predictions? Three people and a dog will watch Parallel Mothers when it comes out, maybe it has already come out, who knows. Most people probably don’t even remember her winning the Volpi at Venice.

Profile picture
    Olsen
    Topics:

“This is a performance of otherworldly, Joan Crawford-meets-Sophia Loren proportions. As internally subtle as #LadyGaga ’s work in A Star Is Born was, what she does in #HouseOfGucci  contains nothing minimalistic.”
    —Sara Michelle Fetters, Rotten Tomatoes Top Critics

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Why is Cruz in so many people’s predictions? Three people and a dog will watch Parallel Mothers when it comes out, maybe it has already come out, who knows. Most people probably don’t even remember her winning the Volpi at Venice.

An i have no idea why people think Penelope is a great actress, she’s just decent, that’s all.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)’ is closed to new replies.