Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 508 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
Plumpshell
Opium
  • Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Why is Cruz in so many people’s predictions? Three people and a dog will watch Parallel Mothers when it comes out, maybe it has already come out, who knows. Most people probably don’t even remember her winning the Volpi at Venice.

Delusional take.

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

I just saw Spencer, this was a psychological thriller, i don’t know how true it was about the problems of Diana, i know she was bulimic, but i didn’t know about her other mental problems, but Kristen is 100% winning that Oscar. The Academy loves these types of broken characters, the movie wasn’t boring, i don’t know why many people think that way.

A book called Portrait of troubled Princess, by Sally Smith somehow describes what might be the mental state of Diana. This book is well researched with around 100 pages of bibliography, notes, index etc.

You can get an insight about her psychological problems and being emotionally fragile she was a person of strong will power.

So many things resonates with Spencer. I read that book few years back. So I could relate to Spencer.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I swear, I hear more about Gaga stans than I hear from Gaga stans on here

Literally this

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Nobody is fucking sweeping, shut up.

According to who exactly… Stewart or Kidman can easily sweep.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

1. Nicole Kidman
    2. Kristen Stewart
    3. Lady Gaga
    4. Alana Haim
    5. Olivia Colman

6. Jennifer Hudson
    7. Jennifer Lawrence
    8. Jessica Chastain
    9. Rachel Zegler
    10. Tessa Thompson

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

1. Nicole Kidman 2. Kristen Stewart 3. Lady Gaga 4. Alana Haim 5. Olivia Colman 6. Jennifer Hudson 7. Jennifer Lawrence 8. Jessica Chastain 9. Rachel Zegler 10. Tessa Thompson

I am sorry, but where is Jodie Comer ?

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

1. Nicole Kidman

2. Kristen Stewart

3. Penelope Cruz

4. Olivia Colman

5. Lady Gaga

————

6. Jessica Chastain

7. Tessa Thompson

8. Jodie Comer

9. Frances McDornand

10. Alana Haim

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Puleeeaase.. I am like the best and only honest person on this forum. You and I know that Olivia Colman is becoming Viola Davis on this forum in the sense that they want her to sweep the moment she announces a project. Promising Young Woman didn’t match the reviews it got. Didn’t Watts do a Princess Diana movie at one point? How come she only got a Razzie despite being number one for the Oscar odds at some point? Lady Gaga on the other hand is super underrated and hated just because she’s a singer who’s been giving major actresses a run for their own money with phenomenal performances. I have been very respectful and calm because I haven’t seen Gucci. But poor Stafani……she deserves so much love and respect

Two performances. Two. Including one many haven’t even seen yet.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Three people and a dog will watch Parallel Mothers when it comes out, maybe it has already come out, who knows.

I feel like Golderby and the critics are quite literally trying to force some candidates, that would otherwise have no chance in such a competitive race.

I mean seeing how Chastain is still #2 blows my mind. 55 on MC, less than 1M$ box office debut, no buzz/visibility whatsoever but the critics think she’s happening. Especially NBP. Like I don’t know if they’re on her payroll or something, but Matt was even predicting a win for her. Just yikes.

For me, I had replaced her with Gaga a long time ago. At least she’s having a record breaking Box Office debut. So that’s one major thing going for her. Chastain simply has nothing. And I doubt there’ll be 2 contenders from movies with mixed reviews.

I think Cruz might miss too. But at least she may have something: the international vote.

Profile picture
    nobdrums
    Topics:

let’s be consistent here and accept that alana haim is not going to be nominated for best actress

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

let’s be consistent here and accept that alana haim is not going to be nominated for best actress

I simply don’t understand why some of y’all don’t see Alana Haim as a contender to make it at the Oscars. But if that’s your opinion, that I respect it.

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Delusional take.

I guess we’ll see but I guarantee Cruz wont be nominated!

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I guess we’ll see but I guarantee Cruz wont be nominated!

There’s no way to guarantee that now

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

“This is a performance of otherworldly, Joan Crawford-meets-Sophia Loren proportions. As internally subtle as #LadyGaga ’s work in A Star Is Born was, what she does in #HouseOfGucci contains nothing minimalistic.” —Sara Michelle Fetters, Rotten Tomatoes Top Critics

As a fan of all three I can’t see either Crawford or Loren in Gaga. Enough of the hyperbole. In her early music career she was constantly compared to Madonna. Now in her early movie career she’s being compared to veteran  screen legends. I get the compliment but why can’t they let her just be her own talent?

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, lady Gaga wants to be the next Cher. That’s the right comparison.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)’ is closed to new replies.