Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 508 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
Plumpshell
James Gibson
  • Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Can these ‘lady Gaga stans’ stop comparing her to other formidable actresses. I love Lady Gaga and all but I think she is better in the music industry rather than the film industry. It’s like saying these ‘tiktokers’ are better than the musicians/singers/dancers.. I’m not hating on Gaga but I would rather listen to a new album by her than seeing House Of Gucci.

In my honest opinion, Kidman seems likely to win with Stewart not far behind. Although Kidman’s film hasn’t been released yet, the praise and reviews seem promising so yh.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, Kidman isn’t winning anything

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Then again you are all proving my point mentioning her only decent and remembered movie, which was 20 years ago.

21 Grams, The Impossible, Birdman, King-Kong and 1st The Ring remake says hello. Watts have an incredible filmography in 2000s

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

21 Grams, The Impossible, Birdman, King-Kong and 1st The Ring remake says hello. Watts have an incredible filmography in 2000s

Thanks, she was superb in 21 Grams, but she just happened to face Hurricane Theron that season.

Now Naomi has the girls all pressed. The level of ignorance is real.

Why is this still a topic? The Watts slander is not going to magically increase HOG 59. You’ll just have to live with it.

On the relevant side, I don’t see how Cruz won’t make the top 5. Her buzz is quiet, but permanent. Do you think the European block will focus on her and Colman?

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Some praise for Alana Haim in Licorice Pizza: Roger Ebert: Haim is just a flat-out movie star. She has that “thing”: that radiant, magnetic charisma that makes it impossible to take your eyes off her. NPR: A revelation here, with a radiant star-is-born aura that hooks you the moment she first appears. Consequence of Sound: It’s the kind of star power we saw in a young Barbara Streisand. Slash Film: Without the slightest trace of hyperbole: she’s a star. That this is Haim’s feature acting debut is staggering-it’s almost unbelievable she could waltz onto a movie screen for the first time and be this good, but she is. Hollywood Reporter: Haim makes one of the most exciting screen debuts in recent memory. ABC News: Haim also drives the movie in a performance of such brash, buoyant naturalness and emotional nuance that her film debut is one for the ages. Source: haimsource on Twitter

Well damn, is she now #5?
    Those reviews for her and the movie are not messing around.
    What a year.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Can these ‘lady Gaga stans’ stop comparing her to other formidable actresses. I love Lady Gaga and all but I think she is better in the music industry rather than the film industry. It’s like saying these ‘tiktokers’ are better than the musicians/singers/dancers.. I’m not hating on Gaga but I would rather listen to a new album by her than seeing House Of Gucci.

don’t fckin see House of Gucci then you gormless twit!!

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Huns, lady Gaga wants to be the next Cher. That’s the right comparison.

nope. Gaga is Gaga. She’s in her own lane.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Well damn, is she now #5? Those reviews for her and the movie are not messing around. What a year.

I wasn’t sure about her chances at first, but these kind of reviews make me think she might end up being a serious threat if people respond to her performance and there’s enough passion out there for her. I’m very curious to see how she does with the critic groups when nominations from various groups start getting announced on December 2.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

I would be surprised if Haim misses Critics Choice. I think she can a BAFTA nomination as well.

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

don’t fckin see House of Gucci then you gormless twit!!

lol calm down just because Gaga may not get in..

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

I never want to hear the name Sophia loren again after the horrible campaign they did for to go to best actress when she could of won best supporting actress

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

1. Nicole Kidman 2. Kristen Stewart 3. Lady Gaga 4. Alana Haim 5. Olivia Colman 6. Jennifer Hudson 7. Jennifer Lawrence 8. Jessica Chastain 9. Rachel Zegler 10. Tessa Thompson

I don’t see Rachel Zegler being more likely than Tessa Thompson or even Jodie Comer.

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I would be surprised if Haim misses Critics Choice. I think she can a BAFTA nomination as well.

Dont see her missing CC as in they just copy paste the top 7 from GD right? Not as if they are minimally linked to critical opinion cause theyre not.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

<>House of Gucci grossed an estimated $5.74M on Friday (from 3,477 locations). Estimated total gross stands at $13.34M.#HouseOfGucci #LadyGaga #BoxOffice @mgmstudios @HouseOfGucciMov</p>&mdash; BoxOfficeReport.com (@BORReport) November 27, 2021

Gucci still doing great numbers, and there’s still the weekend. Predicting a long and healthy movie career for Gaga, even if she’s doesn’t get the nomination this time.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I know these aren’t taken seriously, but the 3rd Annual DiscussingFilm critic award nominations will be announced on December 7, and the winners will be revealed on January 4: https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1464386169714532354

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)’ is closed to new replies.