Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 508 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
Plumpshell
Opium
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Nicole was mainly doubted as Lucille because her face is so botoxed and stretched that she can barely move her face. It wasn’t really about her acting.

Yea this ain’t it. It’s fine to have issues with Nicole casting, but to bring up the fact her face is botoxed or stretched or whatever is just misogynistic. I don’t know if you meant it or not, but I would hope that people here don’t make such remarks.

I know it’s sadly normalized here as we’ve seen with KB93 remarks about Gaga’s face yesterday. But it’s wrong and disgusting.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Yea this ain’t it. It’s fine to have issues with Nicole casting, but to bring up the fact her face is botoxed or stretched or whatever is just misogynistic. I don’t know if you meant it or not, but I would hope that people here don’t make such remarks.

I know it’s sadly normalized here as we’ve seen with KB93 remarks about Gaga’s face yesterday. But it’s wrong and disgusting.

dude, it’s the truth. Everyone gets botox etc in Hollywood. I’m not agaínst it. But some go too far. It’s not misogynistic to say it when it effects her acting. I was so distracted watching her in that series with Hugh Grant and I know my friend feels the same because she always says if she was to look like any celebrity it would be Nicole PRE all the crap she’s done to her face. It wouldn’t be that big a deal if she wasn’t playing somebody known for being so expressive and emotive.

And how is it misogynistic? 🙄 I’d say the same about a male actor.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Stanning both KStew and Gaga >>>>

isn’t it FUN!!

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

People are really sensitive and defensive about Gaga and Kristen around here

and talking about how Nicole’s botox can be distracting…

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

dude, it’s the truth. Everyone gets botox etc in Hollywood. I’m not agaínst it. But some go too far. It’s not misogynistic to say it when it effects her acting. I was so distracted watching her in that series with Hugh Grant and I know my friend feels the same because she always says if she was to look like any celebrity it would be Nicole PRE all the crap she’s done to her face. It wouldn’t be that big a deal if she wasn’t playing somebody known for being so expressive and emotive. And how is it misogynistic? 🙄 I’d say the same about a male actor.

I’ve watched almost all Nicole Kidman movies and she was never one of the actors that do crazy face contortions. She’s always been subtle in her acting. To see all these people mention “all the crap she’s done to her face” is pretty strange. You can just say that she’s miscast if that’s what you believe.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Nicole (The Others), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

Frontrunners

Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos

Next in line

Penelope Cruz, Madres paralelas
    Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter

On the brink

Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Strong possibilities

Jennifer Lawrence, Don’t Look Up
    Tessa Thompson, Passing
    Alana Haim, Licorice Pizza
    Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth

Possibilities

Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    Halle Berry, Bruised
    Rooney Mara, Nightmare Alley

Longer shots

Renate Reinsve, The Worst Person in the World
    Jodie Comer, The Last Duel
    Rachel Zegler, West Side Story

Theoretical possibilities

Thomasin McKenzie, Last Night in Soho
    Emilia Jones, Coda
    Amanda Seyfried, A Mouthful of Air
    Naomie Harris, Swan Song

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

The Oscar Expert said today that where Stewart can potentially lose is at SAG or the Golden Globes. He thinks she’s going to win Critic’s Choice and BAFTA – and even if she only wins those 2 awards, he would still predict her given BAFTA’s track record.

What track record? When was the last time BAFTA honored a movie that somehow made Diana look like a spoiled brat unequipped to handle her first world problems and the Queen a heartless bitch at the same time?

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

What track record? When was the last time BAFTA honored a movie that somehow made Diana look like a spoiled brat unequipped to handle her first world problems and the Queen a heartless bitch at the same time?

All your posts are about how passionately you hate Kristen and how desperately you want her to fail. So much of hate for someone you don’t even know isn’t good.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Matthew Jacobs on Alana Haim (he has her at #5): https://mobile.twitter.com/tarantallegra/status/1459008458322292756

Profile picture
    irinacx
    Topics:

can you not read 😭 they meant the track record that BAFTA has for predicting Best Actress

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

dude, it’s the truth. Everyone gets botox etc in Hollywood. I’m not agaínst it. But some go too far. It’s not misogynistic to say it when it effects her acting. I was so distracted watching her in that series with Hugh Grant and I know my friend feels the same because she always says if she was to look like any celebrity it would be Nicole PRE all the crap she’s done to her face. It wouldn’t be that big a deal if she wasn’t playing somebody known for being so expressive and emotive. And how is it misogynistic? 🙄 I’d say the same about a male actor.

I have to laugh when people pull the misogyny card over this topic. Do I hate men because I notice Bradley Cooper is starting to resemble Barry Manilow? The faces of actors are in the public eye, to expect people not to notice if they’ve perhaps had too much work done is naive, especially if it affects an expressive role. It’s not about hating women or men. People can do what they want with their own bodies. Maybe it’s more objecting to the system which suggests they need to fill their faces with poison to remain marketable.

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

My updated predictions:

1. Kristen Stewart

2. Nicole Kidman

3. Jessica Chastain

4. Olivia Colman

5. Alana Haim

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Finally watched Spencer and, unsurprisingly, Stewart blew me away! I loved the film overall and find it baffling that it’s not sitting at a 90+ on metacritic. The cinematography and score were other standouts and both are winworthy. I also thought Sally Hawkins was a revelation who should totally be in the conversation for a nomination. Overall, I can’t decide whose performance I love more between Tessa Thompson and Kristen Stewart, but if Stewart does pull it off I’ll be so happy for her.

FYC!!:

Best Picture: The Power of the Dog
    Lead Actress: Renate Reinsve (The Worst Person in the World)
    Lead Actor: Simon Rex (Red Rocket)
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst (The Power of the Dog)
    Supporting Actor: Vincent Lindon (Titane)

Profile picture
    PrincessConsuelo
    Topics:

because you’re acting like they didn’t mean for the sex scene to be funny…

I’m discussing the dissonance between the PR and the screen (describing the chemistry and scene as “hot”), and the tonal dissonance within the movie itself. It is a funny movie but some scenes come across as “is this supposed to be funny or is it just bad?” because the editing and direction left a lot to be desired.

To me, it came across as ridiculous and I didn’t believe for a second that those two people were madly in love. I’ve read the book years ago and I was eager to see it on screen, and I was disappointed. And considering I paid for my own tickets, I care more about my own opinion that yours (or anyone else’s, for that matter). You just seem upset that people didn’t connect with the movie the way you wanted them to. Which is funny, because people here are the first to claim “art is subjective” when it’s about defending their faves.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

So was curious about what clues Google trends might offer us. I decided to set Kristen Stewart as the relative point, because Gaga’s rating is too high. These are the interest points in order:

1. Lady Gaga 165
    2. Kristen Stewart 55
    3. Nicole Kidman 22
    4. Jennifer Hudson 22
    5. Penelope Cruz 17
    6. Jessica Chastain 13
    7. Alana Haim 11
    8. Tessa Thompson 8
    9. Frances McDormand 4
    10. Olivia Colman 1

Obviously Frances and Olivia will rise later. But I’m kinda shocked at how realistic Google Trends ranking is and JHud being nominated isn’t out of the realm of possibility. Gaga is obv too high and maybe Jhud to a lesser extent, but for the rest it really does seem to offer a fair ranking of where the general public interest lies.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)’ is closed to new replies.