Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 508 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
Plumpshell
Opium
  • Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

This is a prediction forum. We can continue to cheer on whoever we please just like others cheer on gaga, haim, ect.

I will wait for the nominations. Fingers crossed it’s in the Top 5… if not 1… in Netflix’s Top Content list at the end of this week.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

The fifth slot is a toss-up for me. I was pushing for McDormand hard as an afterglow nomination, but Tragedy of Macbeth truly has no buzz. Chastain and Hudson seem no1curr, but the excessive campaigning both actresses have been doing might be enough for a nomination. The THR roundtable interview both of them have done is a fantastic campaign strategy. And of course both of them have received honors from the Palm Springs film festival. Then you have Cruz riding a comeback narrative, who won Volpi Cup and will be heavily pushed hard by Sony. I’m deciding between Hudson, Chastain, Cruz, and McDormand for the fifth slot.

Cruz is also being honored by the Palms Springs Film Festival. She’s receiving the International Film Star Award, the same award that went to last year’s nominees, Mulligan and Kaluuya.

Profile picture
    wgoran
    Topics:

what’s your problem? Why does it bother you so much who people choose to make happen? You have yours and they have theirs. Hype your girl up and go. Stop demanding people to say and do things your way it’s annoying.

preach it. im rallying for jennifer next fall when she comes out with the niki caro movie (assuming its good).

but about halle, nobody is choosing to make it happen because halle is literally a contender as much as anyone else and whether she is among netflix top priority or not she seems to be lobbying for herself with the press tour/screenings/whatever and she got the exposure cuz bruised made it to #1, and its got the all female hip-hop soundtrack so thats more good exposure, the character she’s playing, the story, being halle berry, etc. she has a lot going for her, she has a shot.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I honestly don’t see how someone would watch Passing and not vote for Tessa Thompson. Her performance is simply incredible and breathtaking. Even though so many of you refuse to believe, to me she is the second lock of this category right after Kristen Stewart. Also, we know she is campaigning and Netflix is campaigning for Passing so what is the reservation?

Profile picture
    blueno_red
    Topics:

Here what I think about JHud campaign: she’s doing and trying the Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer’ 2011 route. Remember “The Help” was released in August and it was a #1 box office hit for nearly a month. She won 2 out of the five awards (CC and SAG) and Octavia won all five awards but they did interviews and campaigned to get the seal of approval. “Respect” was also released in August and despite the challenges of movie goers because of the delta variant; however it was still in the top 5 of the box office. It’s not the film of the summer like “The Help” but it still made an impact. Also, of all the best actresses contenders, her film is the only to make over 30 million within a month of its release until Gaga’s HOG. Also Remember this, Aretha Franklin passed away on August 16, 2018, same day Elvis passed away years ago, so there was a reason why they released it early because to honor the anniversary of Aretha’s passing. Academy members might find it really touching and personal to honor someone who was influential for nearly 70 years.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Um @DominiqueDevereux and @carla11, in the process of fighting for a Black woman,you both threw other Black/Biracial women under the bus and took a shot at Viola Davis in the process. Also, how does your belief of only 1 woman of color getting nominated help the cause.

How is telling people to stop mentioning Halle helpful?

Regarding Tessa, Passing was a Top 10 hit on streaming, critically acclaimed, had major buzz and discussions on social media, has a good audience score. Lastly, what if people… enjoyed her performance. I think she is worthy of an award based on her performance.

You two, if you are two different people wanted to call out racists but dissed other Black/Biracial women in the process.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I mean it’s an interesting conversation to have about the lack of POC being the focus of awards season, However not by a user claiming GD users are racist LOL. That’s not a great way to start a conversation. If the user wasn’t so aggressive with their OP and then also wasn’t trying to fight for black women, but also dismissing other black women in the process… might take them more serious.

Amen! 🙌🏻

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:
    xohours
    Topics:

as couple of posters above said, the BO smash, her critical acclaim performance, & great audience reception was what Gaga needed to maintain her momentum after the mixed-reception from critics and keep her in the conversation something, that practically is non existent for the rest of the nominees whom mainly have the critics support and buzz, bar a few also w the GP. she proved w HOG that ASIB wasn’t just a one-time-box-office-acclaimed smash & that her buzz continues to create by far the most exciting presence in any Oscar race she partakes in now and the future

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:
    kaziz
    Topics:

I believe she will be a critics groups noms mainstay, but I think Netflix can capitalize the award potential of PASSING better than THE LOST DAUGHTER.

I’m inclined to agree. It’s hard to really say definitively but I think Passing is the bigger achievement, possibly the biggest swing of any film this year and that gives it the edge, but then… The Lost Daughter coming out later, so few people have seen it… I dunno, it could go for either of them (definitely think one of them will make BP), but yes I do agree that Passing seems more likely.

Thompson has a much better shot at making this field than people think, it’s really very strange to see people continue to deny it. Something people should understand: AMPAS membership is changing soooo much every year and in the past 2 years the fields have shown how much their tastes have changed so… I dunno why that isn’t taken into account more.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Not predicting Gaga currently but very tempted to start after seeing Gucci and also seeing an interesting tweet that pointed out how she is essentially the only best actress contender that will have been seen widely without screeners.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

I just updated my predictions….again lol   I basically took out Haim and put Gaga back in the 5th spot.

1. Kristen Stewart

2. Nicole Kidman

3. Jessica Chastain

4. Olivia Colman

5. Lady Gaga

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)’ is closed to new replies.