Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 508 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
Plumpshell
Opium
  • Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

There is a lot of praise for Being The Ricardos with more and more putting Kidman in their predictions and even some saying that ‘this is Kidmans best performance’.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Rolling Stone on Alana Haim: It’s Alana Haim, however, who walks away with the movie as much as her character strolls away with that teenager’s heart. As one-third of the group Haim, she’s used to being on stages. But the way she cracks open Alana — infusing her with irritation, curiosity, world-weariness, envy, hope, empathy, and finally, a pitter-patter sense of puppy love — makes you wonder if her talent as an actor might be equal to her musicianship. She is, simply put, 1970s screen presence personified, and to watch these two lost souls realize they could be soul mates is such a rush. source: https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-reviews/licorice-pizza-movie-review-paul-thomas-anderson-1260170/

Profile picture
    Matthew Barry
    Topics:

High praise for Kidman indeed. I honestly couldnt say what Kidman’s best performance is. She’s consisently brilliant, picking a Kidman best performance is harder than Sophie’s Choice.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Colman is really going to come after the girls’ predictions on Dec 31. Netflix is not joking with such a big name.
    She will be in many lists of best performances of the year for sure (highlighting the way her character is quite unique) and is highly respected everywhere. She owns the game.
    Only three locks so far: Kristen, Nicole and Olivia.

Haim is stronger by the day, wow

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

They were even promoting Respect on the German radio the other day, lol. They are out there campaigning for sure.

The fact that this has been like a 2 year long campaign and still going strong is a big deal. I want Hudson’s level of energy

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

Lady Gaga never found the character in House of Gucci. Lmao. I liked the movie more than I thought, however, Driver and Gaga were bland and the least interesting performances of the cast. Also, why isn’t Al Pacino top 3 for supporting actor. He was the STANDOUT of the film.

Victor I am curious to know your line up. As far as I have seen you are skeptical about each and every actress this year. Please update your predictions Gaga is bland, Kristen is whispery, Nicole in sorkins movie so she won’t win.

Please update your predictions.

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Victor I am curious to know your line up. As far as I have seen you are skeptical about each and every actress this year. Please update your predictions Gaga is bland, Kristen is whispery, Nicole in sorkins movie so she won’t win. Please update your predictions.

this is a joke

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whilst I wouldn’t call Haim a lock there really should be no reason for Licorice Pizza to get shut out in acting if it’s win competitive for Best Picture. Even Roma got two unknown/less well known actresses nominated.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Whilst I wouldn’t call Haim a lock there really should be no reason for Licorice Pizza to get shut out in acting if it’s win competitive for Best Picture. Even Roma got two unknown/less well known actresses nominated.

100% agree. I don’t think anyone but Kristen is a lock for a nomination at this stage, but I’ve become increasingly confident Alana makes the lineup.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Sorry, but I don’t see Haim getting in this year. Just because her film has a strong narrative and she has raves doesn’t mean she is a lock in a year like this. MGM’s main priority is definitely Gaga in this category seeing as House of Gucci is the biggest drama of the year and she is a previous Best Actress nominee, and Haim will probably be third considering JHud has a chance of sneaking in as well. Haim also really needs Critic’s Choice to get into the conversation, which will probably go to Kristen, along with a lot of other critics awards. Maybe she could get the Comedy Globe, but the Globes might not be a factor this year. I just don’t think her path to Oscar is as easy as some of you are suggesting just because she has raves. Plenty of raved performances have missed, especially by newcomers. I can’t see the Academy giving the fifth slot to Haim over McDormand or Chastain even if they prefer her film. Haim’s inclusion would also likely lead to an all white Best Actress lineup which is something I’m sure the Academy would prefer not to happen due to the #OscarsSoWhite criticism.

1. Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter
    2. Kristen Stewart – Spencer
    3. Nicole Kidman – Being The Ricardos
    4. Lady Gaga – House of Gucci
    5. Tessa Thompson – Passing
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

3/5 Best Actress nominees this year were in films not nominated for Best Picture. I’m not so sure why people are hung up on Haim getting in just because Licorice Pizza might be a stronger contender than some others. Best Picture and Actress only lineup every so often to begin with.

Profile picture
    wgoran
    Topics:

The thought of a movie called “Licorice Pizza” irks me for no reason. I’m sure the movie and the acting are stellar but..really? Like whats next? Eggplant Cupcake? Twizzler Pasta? Gummy Worm Salad?

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

this is a joke

I know. That’s why I said. Victor never liked any of the performances this year. So I want to know his line up. May be I am missing something 😁

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

The thought of a movie called “Licorice Pizza” irks me for no reason. I’m sure the movie and the acting are stellar but..really? Like whats next? Eggplant Cupcake? Twizzler Pasta? Gummy Worm Salad?

Now that is what we call a useless opinion. Did you at least enjoy yourself coming up with those unamusing names?

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

3/5 Best Actress nominees this year were in films not nominated for Best Picture. I’m not so sure why people are hung up on Haim getting in just because Licorice Pizza might be a stronger contender than some others. Best Picture and Actress only lineup every so often to begin with.

That’s often a reflection of how often (or not) we have female led BP contenders, but it undoubtedly helps to be starring in one compared to contenders in films with less overall support or momentum.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)’ is closed to new replies.