Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 508 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
Plumpshell
James Gibson
  • Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

That’s not what I said or the point of my post, somebody who stans her or appear to have her as avi is not in the position to shade a movie that is still fresh currently when she has tones of movies that are totally rotten with a low score or even Red on Metacritic, majority of her filmography is made by mixed movies and panned ones and she still got those 4 Razzie nominations.

So you’re invalidating their argument just because they have an actress they may not even be a « stan » of as their avi ? I’m not saying they’re not being a bit petty but you’re not taking the high road either.

FYC

Best Picture : The Worst Person in the World, Benedetta, Dune

Best Director : Denis Villeneuve

Best Actress : Renate Reinsve, Agathe Rousselle, Penélope Cruz

Best Supporting Actress : Charlotte Rampling, Jessie Buckley

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

So you’re invalidating their argument just because they have an actress they may not even be a « stan » of as their avi ? I’m not saying they’re not being a bit petty but you’re not taking the high road either.

Sadly with people of low level you have to lower yourself at their one to deal with their nonsensical bullshits.

They don’t literally have other argumentations in their posts other than hating or shading a person 24/7 all the time in here, that is a sick obsession, mental illness, not being a bit petty.

Profile picture
    rpd00
    Topics:

Mulholland Drive invalidates, at least, 50 bad movies.

Profile picture
    Gajo
    Topics:

If both parties here are being petty I don’t think Opium should be the only one being called out, if we are even doing that? When you throw shade, you should be prepared to receive it as well. And Wattsgold doesn’t look like someone who would be taking this too seriously tbh. They seem pretty chill about these stan wars to me anyway.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Why not? Acclaimed movie, acclaimed performance, that’s all “newcomer” Gaga needed…

The issues I see with Haim:
    1. Very weak campaign. Literally how are 1100 voters gonna even know her name if she’s not out there campaigning. At least Tessa got invited to the roundtable which could help.
    2. The acclaim seems to be more for the movie than her performance itself. Sure, she’s got some positive notices, but nothing really outstanding in this year where everyone’s acclaimed.
    3. Uncertain box office success. This could do very badly at the B.O. Really incomparable to ASIB which was a huge movie that was only second to BR that year as far as adult movies are concerned.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

If both parties here are being petty I don’t think Opium should be the only one being called out here, if we are even doing that? When you throw shade, you should be prepared to receive it as well.

Exactly, thank you, with the huge difference this is the first time I clap back at him using the person he has in his avi, whereas it’s been months this person is acting hateful in all his posts all the time in this thread about Lady Gaga.

Pointing out that Watts has tones of mixed and panned movies it’s the truth by the way, I didn’t insult her (like he does with Gaga) or said she’s a bad actress, I just reported her filmography stats poiting out he’s not in the position of coming for a movie just because is not critically acclaimed when majority of Watts filmography is made by mixed and panned movies combined.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Why not? Acclaimed movie, acclaimed performance, that’s all “newcomer” Gaga needed…

ah yes, that little known Lady Gaga

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Bruised #1 movie on netflix 2nd day in a row. #2 overall united states.

#2 movie worldwide.

Come on globes and sag!!!

Currently at 679 points.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

The issues I see with Haim: 1. Very weak campaign. Literally how are 1100 voters gonna even know her name if she’s not out there campaigning. At least Tessa got invited to the roundtable which could help. 2. The acclaim seems to be more for the movie than her performance itself. Sure, she’s got some positive notices, but nothing really outstanding in this year where everyone’s acclaimed. 3. Uncertain box office success. This could do very badly at the B.O. Really incomparable to ASIB which was a huge movie that was only second to BR that year as far as adult movies are concerned.

I don’t think box office is necessarily going to matter for this movie and for a lot of movies this awards season unlike House of Gucci which got mixed reception from critics. This is a major contender for Best Picture, potentially in the winning conversation. I think that will help boost Haim’s chances of a nomination along with her performance that was indeed noted to be a great performance.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

For comparison, passing had 252 points, 7.5 million hours viewed.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Who do you guys think will win the Gotham Award?

I think it’s going to Thompson but would not be surprised if its Colman.

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

I don’t think box office is necessarily going to matter for this movie and for a lot of movies this awards season unlike House of Gucci which got mixed reception from critics. This is a major contender for Best Picture, potentially in the winning conversation. I think that will help boost Haim’s chances of a nomination along with her performance that was indeed noted to be a great performance.

Not too mention Pizza is likely to do really well in limited release, and Alana’s been at Q&As with PTA and judging by the reviews, could win some of the major critics prizes.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Who do you guys think will win the Gotham Award? I think it’s going to Thompson but would not be surprised if its Colman.

Yeah either Colman or Thompson

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Yeah either Colman or Thompson

It will be Simon Rex. I feel pretty good about that.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

It will be Simon Rex. I feel pretty good about that.

Wow ok.  I disagree, but respectfully so.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)’ is closed to new replies.