Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 508 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
Plumpshell
James Gibson
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I agree that Colman, Kidman and Stewart are the only locks so far. I can’t see the three of them missing out (especially Colman). Penelope might get a boost from the critic groups.

Cruz may well get that boost yep but Colman, Thompson, and Haim are objectively in more acclaimed films so… I have NO clue. But ofc, like I said it doesn’t go by MC scores, and unlike precursors (and Venice with the Volpi), critics have zero problem giving wins to a recent winner (see: McDormand last year racking up wins like nuts just after Mulligan). So… I dunno.

Yeah Kidman & Colman are basically locks but weirder things have happened thus my hedging there.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Lady Gaga be teaching these women how to run the train. You shouldn’t rely on critical reception alone, your movie should make money. Let audiences know who’s winning the Oscar to maintain ratings. My stanning will go up when get to see Gucci today. Y’all ain’t ready for the genius

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

After the Licorice Pizza overwhelming praise everywhere Im afraid I will get Penelope out of my prediction and get Haim instead!!!

Locks:

Kidman
    Stewart
    Colman

I think 4th will be Jennifer Hudson (POC nominee, playing a legend and beloved icon, she got careers best reviews and will also get a Best Original Song nomination, plus the film is quite enjoyable and she has lots of Oscar moments).

And the 5th spot will be a blood bath between Haim, Cruz, McDormand and Thompson… but I can’t believe Im writing “McDormand fighting for a 5th spot” after a double win and playing one of the greatest villains of literature alongside Denzel Washington directed by a Coen…

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Lol, there are weird additions on the experts page. One had Thomasin for LNIS, and another had Cotillard for Annette. I wonder if Penelope might squeeze in the way Antonio Banderas did for Pain and Glory. People here seem to forget Pedro is also very popular at AMPAS.

Nemiroff has quit her stanning mode thankfully

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    MariahC_WW
    Topics:

I think Alana Haim could win Best Actress(musical or comedy) at the Globes which could vehicle her into the SAG and Oscar discussions, but I feel it’s unlikely with the slate of competition this year.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Penelope Cruz is getting nominated. Stop underestimating her just because you want Olivia Colman to happen in your dreams

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

In any other year, Alana Haim would’ve gotten nominated. But this is not a typical year. It’s a bloodbath. I think she’s #6-#8. Yes Roma had a nominee in BA, but that year had 2 slots pretty wide open.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

With the times we’re in, there can definitely be multiple Netflix girls getting in. Back in 2003, there were 3 Mirimax girls nominated (Kidman winning). I think it boils down to passion.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)’ is closed to new replies.