Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 508 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Aaron Kalloo
Plumpshell
Opium
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Erik Anderson saw Licorice Pizza (he loved it) and he published an article about Haim’s awards chances. He thinks she could be this year’s ingenue that knocks someone out from the top 5. He added that she has the reviews and he expects her to appear on critics’ lists (I think those get published in December?) https://awardswatch.com/2022-oscar-predictions-best-actress-november/

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Lady Gaga be teaching these women how to run the train. You shouldn’t rely on critical reception alone, your movie should make money. Let audiences know who’s winning the Oscar to maintain ratings. My stanning will go up when get to see Gucci today. Y’all ain’t ready for the genius

to be fair. Not all movies are built to be box office smashes. For big tentpoles then obviously studios want big box office but nobody expects art house movies to make millions.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

But Thompson is more visible that Cruz and she’s campaigning something serious.

Penelope Cruz is a much bigger star than Thompson and is in an Almodovar movie and has won the volpi. She’s also Sony Classics only priority while Tessa is not even Netflix’s second (yes I do think JLaw is their priority after Olivia).

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

If Kristen Stewart had won the Volpi, y’all would have declared her winner before now. Penelope Cruz won the same powerful award and y’all don’t even think she’s in the top 7. The bias is real. Cruz is an Oscar winner in a movie directed by a well known director from Sony Pictures. She’s in

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

Gaga is in the only R rated box office hit since the pandemic started. And most of the reviews say she’s the best part of a movie filled with Oscar winners. She’s also well loved by voters. Don’t forget she will be picking up a number of Grammies during Oscar voting and im predicting her and Tony’s speech for the album of the year award will be a huge tear jerker. She won’t win but I find it hard to believe she won’t get nominated.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Gaga is in the only R rated box office hit since the pandemic started. And most of the reviews say she’s the best part of a movie filled with Oscar winners. She’s also well loved by voters. Don’t forget she will be picking up a number of Grammies during Oscar voting and im predicting her and Tony’s speech for the album of the year award will be a huge tear jerker. She won’t win but I find it hard to believe she won’t get nominated.

This is where I’m at too. I think it’s hilarious how so many people have convinced themselves she has no shot at a nomination. It’s wishful thinking on their part.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

This is where I’m at too. I think it’s hilarious how so many people have convinced themselves she has no shot at a nomination. It’s wishful thinking on their part.

Haters thinking she has no shot is more hopedicting than stans pushing her.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Penelope Cruz is a much bigger star than Thompson and is in an Almodovar movie and has won the volpi. She’s also Sony Classics only priority while Tessa is not even Netflix’s third (yes I do think JLaw is their second after Olivia).

In 2021 i think tessa is a bigger star than penelope lol. Penelope hasnt had a gp hit in years.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

In 2021 i think tessa is a bigger star than penelope lol. Penelope hasnt had a gp hit in years.

Neither does Tessa outside of Marvel movies. Cruz remains much bigger especially in Europe, whose voters are more and more significant at Oscars.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

already watched Licorice Pizza… why people hyping Haim performance??? i dont get it…her character just kind a rude girl all the time…i didnt get scene when she gave great performance but i like the production …..so real….i like how this movie interacted with people around ,with the environment ..surrounding things i got the file….

I’m just hoping it doesn’t become another Aparicio situation where a totally undeserving contender gets in over an overdue star just because she’s in a BP frontrunner

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Sorry but Penélope Cruz is one of the most recognisable movie stars out there. Regardless if she had recent hits or not. She’s definitely far bigger than Tessa Thompson.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I don’t think their stardom matters much. Penelope is bigger but both are known enough nowadays and both might have strong campaigns for their beloved movies. Tbh in my predictions they’re in consideration for a 5th slot.

1. Stewart
    2. Kidman
    3. Gaga
    4. Colman
    5. Cruz/Thompson

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 32)’ is closed to new replies.