Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 570 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
BigJay2012
Babylonian
LA26
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Babe you should worry about reviews like this for the actual Razzie winner: “Berry, as both an actor and director, burns the candles at both ends, ultimately, leaving both spheres in the dark. She lacks chemistry with everyone: The child never feels like her son (even distantly), her mother never feels like her mother, her love interests are deadwood atop a barely perceptible flame. Berry routinely overacts.”

I agree with this review……only that I don’t think she overacted. Every other thing said is 100% true. She didn’t have chemistry with anyone, not even her manager/lover. Her mother felt like a distant cousin or a strict nanny and her son came across as another person’s child under her care. A lot of the scenes seemed forced and the fights weren’t so believable. I’ll be beyond shocked if she gets nominated

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I’m baffled by the number of you who doubt JHUD. Of course, she isn’t winning the Oscar, and her performance in Respect and its screenplay was flawed, but you’re all delusional to think she won’t get nominated for portraying Aretha, especially as hard as she’s been campaigning. On a related note, my biggest issue is how most of you underestimate black actresses at the Oscars. Y’all either make snarky remarks, write subjective reviews, demean their performances, ignore them altogether, think of them as “lesser” or a “dark horse” (no pun intended) because y’all can’t stand the idea of a black actress winning over your favorite white actress (this season, Stewart). As it pertains to this category, y’all did it to Andra Day earlier this year. The only black actress y’all have ever given a fair chance is Viola Davis, and that’s boggling to me, considering she’s one-note. In conclusion, JHUD is getting nominated. Cry later.

Finally, someone says what I’ve been saying. I don’t think Hudson deserves a nomination, but people here are doubting her just because she isn’t Viola Davis. If it was Viola Davis playing Aretha Franklin, they would have daclared her winner a year ago. Viola Davis (and maybe Lupita) is the only black woman that is highly rated on this board. Every other black woman is trashed here. See how they’re tossing Tessa Thompson. They do it with Cynthia Erivo, Andra Day and some others.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

y’all can’t stand the idea of a black actress winning over your favorite white actress (this season, Stewart

you’re doing the exact thing you are accusing others of, which is judging somebody based off skin colour. Kristen isnt the favourite this year because she’s white. It’s because it’s a phenomenal performance of a lifetime that has kicked her already successful career onto another level. You’re not gonna dismiss her achievements because she’s white. She’s earned this acclaim in the face of almost mass disdain and derision so don’t play the race card when it comes to Kristen bc you just look incredibly bitter and delusional.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

A movie that hasn’t even been released is sweeping. Are the Gothams that cheap and crazy?

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

you’re doing the exact thing you are accusing others of, which is judging somebody based off skin colour. Kristen isnt the favourite this year because she’s white. It’s because it’s a phenomenal performance of a lifetime that has kicked her already successful career onto another level. You’re not gonna dismiss her achievements because she’s white. She’s earned this acclaim in the face of almost mass disdain and derision so don’t play the race card when it comes to Kristen bc you just look incredibly bitter and delusional.

I didn’t write that. I only replied to the other texts under it

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I didn’t write that. I only replied to the other texts under it

but you agreed with it?

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

But you agreed with it?

I agree with the Jennifer Hudson and Viola Davis statement

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

A movie that hasn’t even been released is sweeping. Are the Gothams that cheap and crazy?

You haven’t seen The Lost Daughter, yet constantly trying to bring it down. Are you that cheap and crazy?

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

Also, if Gaga ends up not getting nominated (I think she will) it won’t be because of Colman or other contenders. There is no causality between each nominated performances.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

You haven’t seen The Lost Daughter, yet constantly trying to bring it down. Are you that cheap and crazy?

The Gothams are the cheap and crazy ones here. No wonder they can’t even match the divisive Critics Choice

Profile picture
    Leandro Nascimento
    Topics:

Berry, come get your Oscar and end this mess! By the way, why doesn’t anyone foresee 2 black women indicated?

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

For the first time I agree with Lil Tony. It was like they chose the easiest pick. Felt like Passing was robbed.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Zegler is stronger than most people here think. If the early raves are true and her movie becomes a BP player she’s in. Natalie Wood wasn’t nominated for this role and Zegler at least does her own singing, so I think Zegler already has the advantage of putting her stamp on it. DeBose and Alvarez may have a tougher time perhaps as their predecessors were more beloved and won Oscars for their roles. I know we have to wait for a consensus but this is a huge surprise for me as it seemed this one had just been written off.

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Alana Haim is another newcomer that is in a film that will likely get in for BP and she’s received great reviews for her performance so far. I’m curious to see how she and Zegler perform when the critic groups announce their nominations starting from Thursday.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

So much stupidity from some people here..

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 570 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 33)’ is closed to new replies.